AV-8B Harrier Plus DCS version

Prowler111

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beczl still has a huge headstart. ;)

While the pics look very nice, this is probably the "naked" artwork you are seeing, they still need to animate all the moving parts etc. Quite a long road ahead.

yeah you are right lol still would love to see a 3rd party plane available already or any new plane, hopefully it will be soon :)

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

So no British jets in a top notch flight sim yet again...

But saying that the GR7A/9A would of been the AV-8B Plus 2. << with the MK107 engine

Not sure the difference in the cockpit was though.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team

we will be getting the typhoon as well eventually :)

I am going to fly the AV-8b and every now and then pretend its still a British bird, we always give the good stuff away.. . . .

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

says WHO again?..

gr9_004-1.jpg

The GR9 is scheduled for a December release (FSX version) and the DCS version will be out once we put the AV-8B in there.

The Harrier currently is 3rd in our DCS development lineup, 1st is the T-2 and 2nd is a project that we´ll unveil when time comes.

Best regards

Prowler

• Like 1

yay yay yay yay yay..:pilotfly::joystick::notworthy:

So...

Will this be a separate payware module or a freeware addon type thingy..

EDIT: also the GR 7/9 had the Mk 105 engine and the 7A/9A would/had the same engine as the Yank ones which is the MK 107..

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

and you know this how?

Surely there must be some middle ground in flight model that will occur with all these 3rd party developers releasing modules for DCS World. How exactly do we define SFM versus AFM? Are they completely mutually exclusive?

SFM = FC series and similar

AFM = A flight model with a engineer o a real AV8B pilot (for example) can be fly them and certificate with that model fly very symilar at a real airplane.

The problem of make a AFM (BS-2/A-10C/P-51D) has de developing time, testing and making all external code with affect to a model to recreate them under air flow, pressure, gravity and a long etc of realistic systems, weapons and failures applicable to a model. For now we have not a guidance of papers, tutorials, models or guides to make them, only a advisor of ED and hundred and hundred of programming code to make them from scratch.

A example:

SFM models: can be make 2-3 on a year.

AFM models: can be make 1 on 1-2 years.

Wags and others say in that forum with a good AFM model need a engineer making doing physics calculations of physical movements and other data necessary for the proper functioning under a year of work, much of it is out of debne engineering parameters of these models, usually not available to the general public.

It's not the same to say (for instance):

pulse stick backward to raise the plane while detachment:

SFM: add some fixed data to some fixed variables.

AFM: formula to calculate drag + power + angle of attack + turbulence + gravity, etc. to get the lift coefficient of the model in this situation on real time.

ooops . forgot the smiley face thingy...:surrender:

Well thats a constructive comment...I can now see this thread going the wrong direction :doh:

• ED Team
I'm really looking forward to flying this, especially VTOL and hovering.

thats what I am looking forward to ! and hopefully being able to use FARPS :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2