One pass JDAM + strafe

Mike5560

Anyone else tried this and find it as satisfying as I do? Drop a gbu-38 on one target at say, 10k feet, and strafe on one pass. Doesn't really work on targets that are within the same group since vehicles scatter out of the JDAMs impact point unless you time the effects.

Fun to watch the replay F6 bomb view and watch the hog roll in.

Yeah, that is annoying.. Reaction time of AI seriously needs some nerffing... Even if you are totally ready to move on slightest thread in RL you simply dont reach that quickly, not to mentioning if they have engine off.

Not sure if AI even turns the engine off but reaction time should be around 4-5 seconds when engine is running and over 10 if not.

I got shot full of bullets from the turret guns of about 6 tanks last night, in the dead of night, while pulling 4 Gs, at 325 knots. They hit me centre mass. They hit me alot.

I wasn't aware that they were installing CIWS systems onto T-72s these days.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

you would think that the AI might bet "dumber at night" so as to simulate it being night time. I guess you could put in mission editor that the AI skill goes to average or set their skill to average after a certain time. to simulate night time.

you would think that the AI might bet "dumber at night" so as to simulate it being night time. I guess you could put in mission editor that the AI skill goes to average or set their skill to average after a certain time. to simulate night time.

AFAIK it is simulated to some extent. I have placed some MANPADS in the dead of night in a city (overcast, really low visibility) and they just weren't firing as long as my lights were off. Actually at first I was not to happy, as it ruined the idea of the mission I was building. But then I placed some ZU-23s, which had no trouble in shooting at me :thumbup:

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Its all rather inconsistent since you use the same eye ball to aim a ZSU as a Manpad, only the Manpad gives you positive lock feedback.

I think the issue is that much of the dumbing down for night is to do with visual range, but once they do sight you they can see and track and engage you far more effectively than any real life counter part in a perfect daytime condition, nevermind night time.

It takes a serious amount of script work to get some units to behave even halfway realistically, and the more scripts you add the more issues a server can have, so... its a bottomless problem, sadly.

AFAIK it is simulated to some extent. I have placed some MANPADS in the dead of night in a city (overcast, really low visibility) and they just weren't firing as long as my lights were off. Actually at first I was not to happy, as it ruined the idea of the mission I was building. But then I placed some ZU-23s, which had no trouble in shooting at me :thumbup:

It's definitely modeled. For instance, Tunguskas are much less accurate with their missiles, T-80Us are much less accurate with their Reflex missiles, and all vehicles have a much harder time spotting you visually (anything with a machine gun but no radar, APC, MBT, AAA, etc). In fact, if all your external lights are off, sometimes you can get guns on Shilkas and such without them firing a shot at you.

Its a testament to how things are that I'm more afraid of the commander's gun on a T-72 than I am of a Shilka.

I Definetely agree

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Shilkas are like butter for the gun. But to have any decent effect on a T-72, you gotta stay still for longer.

Its more like the shorter slant range required to effectively engage armour causes you to have to be closer when you pull your SEM so you're now within the engagement envelope of the super duper CIWS commander's gun.

Actually, while T-72s are dangerous, I fear BMPs way more. What does help though is make your dive a lot steeper. I typically engage at a dive angle of 40+ deg from 10 000ft. That gives me a little time to line up and a little more accuracy from the gun since gravity assists. And it gives them less time to respond.

Actually, while T-72s are dangerous, I fear BMPs way more. What does help though is make your dive a lot steeper. I typically engage at a dive angle of 40+ deg from 10 000ft. That gives me a little time to line up and a little more accuracy from the gun since gravity assists. And it gives them less time to respond.

Bmp 2/3s will chew up a Hog quick. Even Btr-80s will start firing ~1nm with some 14.5mm.

I personally save the high angle for tanks, and have good luck starting the roll in at 2.5nm at 5000' for bmps. Firing at 1.3, off turning hard at 1.1. Theres a big difference between 1 bmp vs a-10 and 4 bmps in a tight group. Hopefully you have more than just gun at that point.