• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
hi friends!

is there any new improvements on this?

thank for your efforts.

Just read the page before this! <I did>.

I would love to learn lua. But it would be nice to 1st put in the effort to learn it. TBH I've only recently started playing this sim. I feel some of us could/and definitely do help make this game what it is today.

Keep up the good work^^.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for quick clarification,

Does anyone know how to code pitch ladders and heading (ladders) into my HUD?

I cant find anything on this and believe it might be hard coded into the A-10 and F-15 etc unless im not looking in the right place.

Thanks in advanced

Just for quick clarification,

Does anyone know how to code pitch ladders and heading (ladders) into my HUD?

I cant find anything on this and believe it might be hard coded into the A-10 and F-15 etc unless im not looking in the right place.

Thanks in advanced

It's not hard coded, You need to setup multiple LUAs and create a Graphics/Font TGAs for letters/numbers/symbology etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's not hard coded, You need to setup multiple LUAs and create a Graphics/Font TGAs for letters/numbers/symbology etc.

Right, I have my font and symbology working. How would you go about moving pitch ladders now? I have tried a few ways but they did not work as far as movement is concerned.

Thanks

Right, I have my font and symbology working. How would you go about moving pitch ladders now? I have tried a few ways but they did not work as far as movement is concerned.

Thanks

Look through the A-10C HUD LUAs..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 1 month later...
How accurate is the flight model (aerodynamics)?

- As accurate as possible with all flight data available (mostly from wind tunnels)

How accurate is the control system?

- As accurate as the NASA manned sim, using the same math model and block diagrams

- Modeling of the mechanical servo-dynamics are in there as well

Now that we got NASA wind tunnel data, plus NASA flight control laws, but the flight characteristics hardly fits the description in NASA TP1538. The demo aircraft is too susceptible to spin as opposed to the study in NASA TP1538. Will check if there's something wrong with the control law, especially the automatic departure/spin prevention part.

IRL: Above 35° AOA, a departure spin-prevention mode is activated which uses a yaw-rate feedback to drive the roll control surfaces and the rudder to oppose any yaw rate buildup.

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

• 4 weeks later...
Just read the page before this! <I did>.

I would love to learn lua. But it would be nice to 1st put in the effort to learn it. TBH I've only recently started playing this sim. I feel some of us could/and definitely do help make this game what it is today.

Keep up the good work^^.

hey will!

you are free to read the page or help about the Project improvement but dont forget that we are free to ask about the progress too:)

there is no rule for asking!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The title clearly states flight dynamics, doesn't it?

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The Updated 3D Model in this package was licensed for private/non commercial use and cannot be re-sold.

So that being said, who ever wants to do that would have to pretty much start from scratch,.

• 4 weeks later...

Btw, I started looking into this for fun, I do have plenty of work experience with C++ so that's not new. Lua-scripting and DCS system are still new to me so that will take some time..

Questions:

1) where is the latest known version of the sources now? I think it was in github at some point but that repository doesn't seem to be updated for a while? or is there another repository that is more up-to-date now?

2) I've noticed some things that could be made object-oriented to simplify further implementation but I don't want to step on anyone's toes that might working on it at the moment.. Is this forum/thread where I can find out if there's someone else working on a piece of code already?

3) is there public SDK by ED somewhere or is it all included with DCS already? (which isn't much..)

I don't know how much time I can use but if there's something I can do to help I'm interested to contribute where possible.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."