RIP Jim Mackonochie

Wags

RIP Jim we will miss you.

I was able to meet him several times during the LLTM and FS weekend events in Holland.

The most memorable moment was in 2008 on the LLTM in Ahaus Germany the guys of DFDT made a replica of the Su-27 stick for the cougar. He went outside with the prototype to make a nice picture of it. :joystick:

So he sat down on the ground ( wich was very wet ) Suddenly Dee pops her head around the corner and says: Jim what the hell are you doing there. An he casually replys: Nothing special just taking a picture.

0158.jpg

• Like 1

I had the honour and privilege to meet Doris and Jim on several occasions. Doris always a lovely lady, Jim always a friendly gentleman. Last time we met was at the 2011 Flying Legends. During the flying display Jim enriched us with a ton of background information on all the aircraft, so much it made my head spin.

Was the passing of Doris announced on these boards ?

They will be missed, but I'm glad to have met them. Rest in peace.

B

• Like 1

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Condolences to his family. RIP Jim:(

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I had the honour and privilege to meet Doris and Jim on several occasions. Doris always a lovely lady, Jim always a friendly gentleman. Last time we met was at the 2011 Flying Legends. During the flying display Jim enriched us with a ton of background information on all the aircraft, so much it made my head spin.

Was the passing of Doris announced on these boards ?

They will be missed, but I'm glad to have met them. Rest in peace.

B

No B, I think Jim just sent an email out after the service.

At least they are together again.

OMG - that's sad news. :(

Thank you for everything you did for our hobby.

Rest in peace.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

R.I.P.

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"