Track File Problem

I am experiencing a problem that I have never seen before. I am recording TRK files for a mission where several pairs of A-10s are attacking various primary and secondary targets with a variety of ordnance. I start the mission with the record option and when I a finished with the mission the dialog box asking for a file name appears. I give it a name and hit SAVE. This produces a TRK file that is only 2KB in size and will not load.

Anyone else run into this problem? I've make many track files in the past and never encountered this problem before. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Carl

Yeah, I've run into something -like- this ... but not exactly this per se. It seems that there's some error where LOMAC on some occasions, possibly, specifically when the track is rather large, as well as other reasons, fails to save pretty much anything into the track, except for the original setup. It would be useful to send the mission file to ED for debugging of this problem - your mission file, not the tracks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Well...you're certainly not alone. It's happened frequently enough on my end as well, usually when A-10s are involved. I've come to think of the 2KB file as an empty track framework with no data--don't know if that's correct or not, though.

I've seen it happen most frequently when the track and mission BAK files are not deleted by the program after either a recording is attempted. If you then try to record a second track with the mission, you get the 2KB file. From time to time that will even corrupt the original mission as well. I've learned to backup everything before I either make or edit a track and always start with a fresh copy.

Sometimes, though, that 2KB file just happens. And I have no idea why.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Re: Track File Problem

I am experiencing a problem that I have never seen before. I am recording TRK files for a mission where several pairs of A-10s are attacking various primary and secondary targets with a variety of ordnance. I start the mission with the record option and when I a finished with the mission the dialog box asking for a file name appears. I give it a name and hit SAVE. This produces a TRK file that is only 2KB in size and will not load.

Anyone else run into this problem? I've make many track files in the past and never encountered this problem before. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Carl

Make sure your mission set to day 1, the other days dont work well when recording track files. Especialy if you want to export it. Let me know if that helps. Im glad to see you still flying the lomac sky's Stormin S!

Cheers