What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

After seeing a video of ACU Sims P-51 model:

I question the choice even more.

I'll have to agree with Adolf on this one: http://www.YOUTUBE.com/watch?v=iAoZP6EuaDk

I m with hitler on this one. Something less...comon... could have been done. But since it was already done.

With such a trend next module will be overdone overused F16....But i m being .... can t find the word in english....

As for P51, or better WW2....

If you think this comunity is ungratefull, wait for the IL2 clowns to land here, once its been released...

Well, as P51 will come in, i can only hope it will not stay a lone sad puppy, no need for much, maybe one or 2 other planes.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we'd be fair enough to ED. Wags stated somewhere (hasn't it been in the faq?), that they want to flesh out that bird. So why not? I don't care whether its a Mustang or another ww2 bird. They want to make more money? So why not. In return its an advantage for us and I am pretty sure that flying this one is pure fun.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

That's all fine, but what if ED is looking to expand its market? In that case such an opinion might have already been expected and not much of a factor.

I touched on them expanding into other markets in the post prior to the one you quoted. Don't get me wrong, I truly wish it to be a successful venture for them. And there seems to be somewhat decent appeal for ww2 sims/aircraft given the success of other titles.

Still I think it's important to take the opinions, whatever they may be, of ED's existing, and in my opinion, rather loyal, customer base seriously.

So be they voices of support or discontent, all opinions are/should be equally important.

• Like 1

EvilBivol-1 since ED decided to open up to third party software (which I had hoped would NEVER HAPPEN) how do you intend on keeping up the quality of play that DCS titles offer? Whats to keep them from dropping a bunch of trashware on ED customers (using the ED name mind you)? How do you intend to handle future support when you come out with an updated game engine and have a bunch of last generation add ons. What is it going to do to multiplayer when you have 10 people playing with 20 different add ons? I feel these are valid concerns. Can you address them?

The P-51 was a total curveball. So in the future we should expect to see all kinds of aircraft in our combat space? How far is this going to go? I mean are we eventually going to see online civillian air traffic?

DCS: Cesna

DCS: 737

DCS: Glider

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EvilBivol-1 since ED decided to open up to third party software (which I had hoped would NEVER HAPPEN) how do you intend on keeping up the quality of play that DCS titles offer? Whats to keep them from dropping a bunch of trashware on ED customers (using the ED name mind you)? How do you intend to handle future support when you come out with an updated game engine and have a bunch of last generation add ons. What is it going to do to multiplayer when you have 10 people playing with 20 different add ons? I feel these are valid concerns. Can you address them?

The P-51 was a total curveball. So in the future we should expect to see all kinds of aircraft in our combat space? How far is this going to go? I mean are we eventually going to see online civillian air traffic?

DCS: Cesna

DCS: 737

DCS: Glider

I imagine they won't be using the ED or DCS name, that will be reserved for ED alone I'd say. As for handling support for core DCS Upgrades and 3rd party products - that will be for the 3rd party dev to support I imagine. Note This is only my opinion - I can't speak for ED.

The relevant Model to look at would be FSX IMO - how does it handle all of your above questions?

Nate

Sorry, but I feel obligated to quote this again:

A: DCS is an open simulation environment, not confined to any one era, level of fidelity, or 1st party development. In the future 1st and 3rd parties may add all sorts of different units ranging from gliders to X-51s.

Obviously that statement is not a confirmation for DCS: glider, but the point is that some day we may see 737s and A320s roaming the skies of DCS, even if it is only from a third party mod/addon. (I hope at least for civil AI air traffic someday)

If a third party releases an addon, I am guessing it wouldn't be called "DCS: Vehicle X" anyway. Probably something like: "Vehicle X: Unofficial Addon for DCS"

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the Mustang is a great idea and I am pleased to know it will, as always, be a cracking bit of kit due to ED/DCS fidelity. That for me is the only reason I enjoy this series, for me its all about the details. Now if other company's (3rd party) want to join in on the money making that is fine by me but they will have to be as good if not better than ED/DCS to get my hard earned cash.

I don't like the FSX layout as it seems to be very hit and miss in the terms of what you are actually going to get with addons/mods. Some addons were good some were appalling .... that being the case if ED/DCS goes this way I will only stick to originals from them as I don't like wasting wonga.

One thing is for sure I will continue (time permitting) to play the arse out of A10C and BS1 till the cows come home.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

IMO best choice for flying legends would have been the AH-64A. This chopper fits perfect the current DCS world.

And as a 2-seater it would have been a milestone in DCS history :D

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS! APACHE ALL THE WAY!!! Besides in that one video i watched about ED before Blackshark was even finished, they stated yes some planes an then the APACHE but not in exact order! I'm dieing to fly that chopper!

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

While I dont think the P51 will be a must have, I must say for myself, that I spend more time just enjoying the flight dynamics in my DCS sims, rather than destroying things, although that in itself is great fun. So I will be watching with great intrest how this develops.

My only concern is whether ED can do this well enough to compete with the A2A P51 thats due out this year as well. I appreciate that the A2A one is a addon for FSX, However with the Accusim addon as well, It makes it a very very realistic aircraft to fly.

I know DCS do aircraft very well, and im yet to be disappointed, I was one of the first in line for both BS and A10. However can they do enough to justify me purchasing 2 P51's this year???

I would love to see ED spend their time bringing us some more Helicopters a area that is sadly missed out for us flight simmers.

That said, since ED is one of the few companys making flight sims now, Maybe its worth getting just to show our support and to keep them going, I know I must have at least 15 aircraft in my Rise of flight hanger that I only bought just to support the company.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS! APACHE ALL THE WAY!!! Besides in that one video i watched about ED before Blackshark was even finished, they stated yes some planes an then the APACHE but not in exact order! I'm dieing to fly that chopper!

Same here, i hope combat-helo gets out soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What do I think about the DCS P-51D?

If it's as good as it looks, I'd buy it!

And it looks uber cool, so knowing ED models it will be!

Learning to tame a powerful prop driven drag tail is always big fun!

Having said that, it will be frustrating and ultimately a bit boring, not having an immersive enemy / environment to mix it up with.

So I voted for modern jets and helo's - which ED have done so far in a truly outstanding way - nothing comes close in my experience!!

...BUT if ED did a parallel WW2 era scenario like a western European map, to the same level of detail as DCS - Jeese I'd buy shares!

PS It could be me but there's something wrong with the percentage total, quick count = 166%?

PPS First post please be gentle :)

V

PS It could be me but there's something wrong with the percentage total, quick count = 166%?

PPS First post please be gentle :)

V

Welcome. The percentages don't add up because you can select more than one answer. It is possible to select all of them if someone wished to do so.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I vote for: "I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. sad.gif"

and would like to see the AH64 Longbow or maybe the "Panavia Tornado" from the German Bundeswehr.

:)

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

Like SNAFU... :music_whistling:

Actually, the poll works that way because the OP created it that way. Note the 'check boxes' as opposed to the 'radio buttons' seen in other polls.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

1: I'm so happy thanks ED ! )

"Cause its no nice, first Warbird ever with this level of realism i'm sure and the P-51D Mustang its the first warbird that i have know (in RC in a magazine) it always make me dream and its one of the most legendary WWI aircraft and it still using today with Reno Air Races ! P51D, P47 Thunderbolt, Spitfire or FW 190 or ME 109 and the F4U Corsair are the best WWII plane and i'm happy its one of them !

I have kill one without firing (before the crash landing) in Wing Of Prey :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOhAJ5HzWU

2: I want carrier ops!

For the next DCS aircraft i wonder see the F/A-18 (C,D,E,F) "Super" Hornet, but for Flying Legend i wonder see carrier OPS too, F4U Corsair or other aircraft than old WWII like legendary aircraft : A6 Intruder, F4 Phantom or the best of the beast :p F-14 tomcat !!! or french Super-Etandard http://avionique.free.fr/IMG/jpg/sem_appont.jpg (for change than always US and Russian plane)

3: I want two seater cockpit!

For the Next DCS aircraft i wonder see the F-15E or a F/A-18D/F (anyways we can flying alone in a two seater aircraft) and for Flying Legend that can be nice with the legendary Tomcat, two seater and Carrier OPS in same time :p

French Mirage IV ? with the spectacular JATO take off ! http://www.mirage4p.com/slides/photo/yfho/details_18.jpg

Or why not the legendary Curtiss SB2C Helldiver for Two seater, Carrier OPS AND Diving Bomber :p

4: Flying Legends must have helicopters.

Yeah why not the beautiful AH-1 Cobra !!! ? or another helicopter of Vietnam war like combat(+ standard) version of the Black Hawk or another !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.