AI bug, using non existent jammer.

Buzpilot

AI pilot in KA-50, seem to use a Electro optical Jammer from Su-25T, at least it's not a option in my KA-50.

Edit, and one more bug, I can't upload a track, even after renaming it, if it's used for something else. (worked after I saved it again.)

KA-50 Jammer bug.trk

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

AI pilot in KA-50, seem to use a Electro optical Jammer from Su-25T, at least it's not a option in my KA-50.

Edit, and one more bug, I can't upload a track, even after renaming it, if it's used for something else. (worked after I saved it again.)

Jammer? How do you come to that conclusion? Because a few missiles barely missed the helo?

Jammer? How do you come to that conclusion? Because a few missiles barely missed the helo?

There was no sun or other reflection to make missile miss that close, so yes that seem logic to me, or it could be lousy coding of the missile, but i tend more to asume it's a simple mistake.

The closer the missile is to target, the harder it will be to miss, bacause IR signals get stronger. And the KA-50 didn't exacly try escape those from behind.

And I experienced in a beta test i was in, it was possible to use brakeshute, with no shute in reality, so there seem to be systems available in every vehicle, that accidently can be activated.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Strange, just tested the Stinger mission again, and now it's gone back to old crap again, very professional indeed.

IR missiles are currently extremely wonky, or they dont have proximity fuses (dont know if they should even have them), they dont seem to do intercept tracks, but instead just follow the aircraft

• 1 month later...

I was just testing stingers again tonight and they are very 'hit and miss' :megalol:

Even without countermeasures I had a lot stingers that seemed to be passing through the helo or at least right through the main blades. I'm pretty sure now that the blades (at least on the Hind) don't have a hitbox.

HANG-ON ::detective_2: all the shots that seemed like they were passing through the Hind were being fired from right underneath it and that reminds me of this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131673&highlight=lod

What if the hitbox model on some helos is like the LOD shown in the thread above and is missing the bottom polygon or has it reversed.

Even if there isn't a bug in the hitbox; a lot of the helos might not have the hitbox coverage you are expecting and this combined with the lack of a fuse on some missiles (mentioned by karambiatos) means that some missiles look like they pass right through the target.

My opinion is that it 'looks' terrible when missiles pass through parts of the helo. It would be better for them to be a hit than for them to do that.

I was just testing stingers again tonight and they are very 'hit and miss' :megalol:

Even without countermeasures I had a lot stingers that seemed to be passing through the helo or at least right through the main blades. I'm pretty sure now that the blades (at least on the Hind) don't have a hitbox.

HANG-ON ::detective_2: all the shots that seemed like they were passing through the Hind were being fired from right underneath it and that reminds me of this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131673&highlight=lod

What if the hitbox model on some helos is like the LOD shown in the thread above and is missing the bottom polygon or has it reversed.

Even if there isn't a bug in the hitbox; a lot of the helos might not have the hitbox coverage you are expecting and this combined with the lack of a fuse on some missiles (mentioned by karambiatos) means that some missiles look like they pass right through the target.

My opinion is that it 'looks' terrible when missiles pass through parts of the helo. It would be better for them to be a hit than for them to do that.

I saw this as well - although I can't remember which helo I was flying. First missile was coming from 12 oclock but missed due to flares, second came directly from beneath and missed me and the third and last missile either was going for the flares as well ... or hit me in my ar...aft end of the helo.

I wondered why the second missile always seemed to miss - my guess was because of the installed exhaust IR supressors and suboptimal target aspect for the MANPAD. But I can not tell if it really just barely missed me or if it flew straight through me.

Do you have a track at hand by chance? So we could experiment with it a bit more?