Show me your mad dogfighting skills!

Wags

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gituozjvajj3prl/dcs%202013-11-17%2021-03-27-21_1.avi

My ping isn't that great (approx 250 if I'm lucky).. So popping onto DOW server which looks to be a bit of fun - I have no comms.

Take off, gain some height and patrol over the rig. Two allies appear heading for the rig, and as they get close, a bogey appears as well in front of me, somewhere.

I notice the allied planes vectoring on me like a bogey.. have they mistaken me for the bogey I'm looking for. Sure enough this 'blue' P51 is latching onto me, and I'm watching it...

Ok! let me turn sharp so he can see I have the same colours/side.. fook!! he's firing.. is that fooker blind ?? (or does he want me off the server :-) ) Take avoidance action.. he'll have to do better than that...

Then the Brown (german) P51 appears on his tail.. cannot he see it ??

Ok! maybe if I do a few wild moves he'll see I'm on the same side, and we can drag that 'german'. Afraid not.. my shipmate has intentions of sending me to holyland.

Time for some aircraft recognition education !!

A three-to-one scenario in our favour went to a complete disaster.. losing 2 to their none.. and I couldn't find the brown guy, so headed back home.

Fred,

What is your player name when you fly online? I did have one incident today where after switching sides a few times I did mistakenly latch onto a teammate.. until I realized the German a/c waiting on my 6. If that was you I'm sorry, mate. I had been playing for at least 4 hours and had switched sides to even odds about 3 or 4 times. Are you able to type in-game? That can go a long way as well as Teamspeak to "wake" someone up. If you stayed around for any length of time you noticed we shot down plenty of enemy aircraft :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I've done this a few times myself on other, 'cannot be mentioned sims'.... Not a problem though :-).

After the first few shots.. I realised that the person hadn't crossed the line 'mentally'. Only after posting the video did I look at the bottom left hand corner... Oh!

Anyway I thought it would be a nice video of how to avoid being shot down.

Nice server.. and cool action.

:-)

I've done this a few times myself on other, 'cannot be mentioned sims'.... Not a problem though :-).

After the first few shots.. I realised that the person hadn't crossed the line 'mentally'. Only after posting the video did I look at the bottom left hand corner... Oh!

Anyway I thought it would be a nice video of how to avoid being shot down.

Nice server.. and cool action.

:-)

Oh! it WAS me. Sorry! I will let you take a few free shots next time. :D You are definitely welcome on the server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...calm sea, fresh air...seagulls singing...from time to time some P-51 fly by...come and join us... ps. use some oil skin +50 factor or more due to sun burn and ohh almost forget beaver of friendly fire...tongue.gif smile.gif

9780805434460.jpg

greetings Merlin from the bay in vicinity of Sukhumi Babushara :pirate:...and yes, there is WiFi in Luftwaffe lifeboats!

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

...calm sea, fresh air...seagulls singing...from time to time some P-51 fly by...come and join us... ps. use some oil skin +50 factor or more due to sun burn and ohh almost forget beaver of friendly fire...

greetings Merlin from the bay in vicinity of Sukhumi Babushara :pirate:...and yes, there is WiFi in Luftwaffe lifeboats!

Haha!

Good times. I may be the first P-51 combat pilot actually lol'ing during a dogfight. You are one funny guy. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is that it's only P51s fighting each other... If the server only allows certain a/c colours per side, then it's not a problem... but at the mo it's really hit-n-miss.

When the FW arrives into the fray it's all about IDing the a/c, which will be a lot easier.

I'm used to full pit (no externals/map icons), no labels and a/c IDing for many years now.. so for me this is only frustration to the extreme, as online DFing is all about tactics and surprise.

When i go online, there's nobody there... every time i look, very depressing...

Ohh sad but true...usually only the weekends people are free to play/fly...during the work days servers are ghostly empty...

When i go online, there's nobody there... every time i look, very depressing..

The problem is that it's only P51s fighting each other... If the server only allows certain a/c colours per side, then it's not a problem... but at the mo it's really hit-n-miss.

Ohh sad but true...usually only the weekends people are free to play/fly...during the work days servers are ghostly empty...

When is the best time for you guys to fly? It makes it a little more difficult that I'm -5 GMT but I can try to set up a weekly event.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When is the best time for you guys to fly? It makes it a little more difficult that I'm -5 GMT but I can try to set up a weekly event.

hmm...hard question Merlin...for instance, now I could ply all day long because I'm free till the end of this month...the problem is that our Mustang community is small and the number of players in MP hardly is over 10-15 pilots maximum!!! ...and You should consider in creating such events that DCS Israel conduct MP events every Sunday... and Yes, the time difference is a little problem for myself...it's hard for me to be concentrated after 23.00 hours...or to play/fly in the early morning (couple of times I was just from the bad flying in negligee...:D, I'm +1 GMT)

ps. check Yours messages Merlin ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not knowledgeable about making movies, so one of our squadron members took two of my tracks and made this. Hope you like it.

Note: Settings are full real with Ace AI pilot. I do not engage until after the FW flies by on the initial pass.

V

Edited by BSS_Vidar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...