F-22 Cockpit Photos

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The electrical and engine start is even simpler than it is on the A-10C, and pretty much nearly 'everything else' is configured through the UFC and the displays, and probably even before that, with the data cartridge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 3 weeks later...
Look very clean and buttonless cockpit!!!

(...and in a way vary simplistic which I’m sure it’s not) :smilewink:

Nice :thumbup:

Maybe some panel are missing, no ? It looks like to have a lot of free room and if you compare with the pics Elitefox posted there's that orange thing on the upper left that is missing.

Also does anyone know what those 2 buttons (or rotary) on the throttle (where the hand should be) are for ? It seems a bit uncomfortable to have buttons there.

Edited by Eight Ball

• 4 months later...
can someone tell me where on hotas is their vector thrusting...

Automatic, by FLCS

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

can someone tell me where on hotas is their vector thrusting...

Thrust vectoring is controlled by a dual redundant Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC). The FADEC is integrated with the flight control computers in the BAE Systems flight controls vehicle management system.

The Vehicle Management System (VMS) provides integrated flight and propulsion

control. The VMS enables the pilot to aggressively and safely maneuver the F-22A to its

maximum capabilities. The system includes hardware, such as the control stick, throttle,

rudder pedals and actuators, air data probes, accelerometers, leading edge flap drive

actuators, and the primary flight control actuators. The VMS also encompasses the

software that controls these devices.

The Vehicle Management System (VMS) provides integrated flight and propulsion

control. VMS includes hardware such as three identical digital flight control computers,

side stick control and throttles, rudder pedals and actuators, and air data subsystem. The

VMS also includes the leading edge flap drive actuators, primary flight control actuators,

accelerometers, Global Inertial Navigation System (GINS), engine bypass air inlet

system, and the engine bleed air inlet system. Most VMS functions are critical to the

flight safety

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 10 months later...
A bit late to reply, but that island estate is Fort Munro in Virginia. It was decommissioned recently.

First thing I thought when I saw that is it looks similar to the design of Fort Independence in Boston (it is definitely not the same though), looking quick I'm guessing Fort Monroe in Virginia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Monroe

edit: and nevermind, I see someone already told you. /me goes back to his hole.

• 1 year later...