INS and Navigation using Waypoints

Fig

Hey Guys,

Sooooo i've finally got the idea of how to align the INS on startup (following the manual), my question now is I cannot really understand how navigate using the INS.

What i'm wondering is, does anybody know how to input waypoints into the INS and selecting those waypoints for navigation? I've tried consulting the manual but it seems there's no section for this. Is waypoint manual input already implemented or is it a WIP?

Anyway, this module keeps getting better and better :) Thank you RAZBAM!:thumbup:

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

Hey Guys,

Sooooo i've finally got the idea of how to align the INS on startup (following the manual), my question now is I cannot really understand how navigate using the INS.

What i'm wondering is, does anybody know how to input waypoints into the INS and selecting those waypoints for navigation? I've tried consulting the manual but it seems there's no section for this. Is waypoint manual input already implemented or is it a WIP?

Anyway, this module keeps getting better and better :) Thank you RAZBAM!:thumbup:

If you want to go to a WP:

- hit DEST

- type the 2 digits of WP number (03, 12...whatever)

If you want to edit or read a WP data:

- hit PREP

- type the 2 digits of WP number (03, 12...whatever)

This is in manual too :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Actually i've read the DEST part but, I apologize, i cannot seem to understand it. It talks about how to select waypoints using DEST then inputing 01 or so on, but how to input waypoint coordinates manually, i don't see any info on that :(

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

Actually i've read the DEST part but, I apologize, i cannot seem to understand it. It talks about how to select waypoints using DEST then inputing 01 or so on, but how to input waypoint coordinates manually, i don't see any info on that :(
That would be PREP. Page 89 of the manual.

DEST button only selects a waypoint for navigation purposes.

PREP button selects a waypoint for visualization/editing.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

hmmm, looks like I have to read more... Hehe, i need one of those video tutorials to explain it hahah:lol:

PINOY PRIDE!!!

Hey Zeus! Hmmm interesting, thanks for this, i'll give it a shot:)

PINOY PRIDE!!!

Hey Zeus! Hmmm interesting, thanks for this, i'll give it a shot:)

If you want to add a waypoint you must select a waypoint number higher than the number of waypoints that the flight plan has.

You can check this number when you put the Mode knob in CAL. The DEST display will show the number of waypoints that exist in the current flight plan.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Are you sure you have the latest version of the manual? The whole PREP and DEST section explains how to deal with adding waypoints and such.

Hi, gliptal, how to check that i have the latest version of the manual? didn't the update of the DCS World update the manual?

I installed the M-2000C in 2.0.2, and i check the manucal for INS, it says that the utilization of PCN will be fully described in final release.

Hi, gliptal, how to check that i have the latest version of the manual? didn't the update of the DCS World update the manual?

I installed the M-2000C in 2.0.2, and i check the manucal for INS, it says that the utilization of PCN will be fully described in final release.

Since I really like your Judy avatar, here you are: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-lTLrKHEXokZHpxRDZxVHgtbk0
Edited by Gliptal

is there an altitude limit for waypoints manually entered ? I can't enter altitude over 5000m (~16k feet)

I give you it's not that obvious, but in the manual, p88:

For Waypoint 01 to 20

ALT Waypoint Altitude (ft)| +/- 25000ft | +/- 7620m

:smilewink:

At least it should be that.

The idea is to enter WP ground altitude, not your flight plan altitude.

So unless you're fighting in the Himalaya you're good.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I give you it's not that obvious, but in the manual, p88:

:smilewink:

At least it should be that.

hm

this is strange

it's not letting me enter over 5000m ...:huh:

The idea is to enter WP ground altitude, not your flight plan altitude.

So unless you're fighting in the Himalaya you're good.

but Mirages did fight in Himalaya :)

btw, I've tried to enter coords of Roki Tunnel, but it's getting me to a totally different place ... like ~5nm error. Is it because of the mountains ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's weird.

Give us the coordinates you're trying to enter please, so I'll try on my side.

So far it worked great with airbases...

but Mirages did fight in Himalaya smile.gif

I know, maybe Mirage 2000H got an update of their INS :D

Mirage fanatic !

42°36' 33" N

44°11' 3" E

Ok, I entered altitude and the cross was perfectly on tunnel entry.

Select left window to enter altitude spotted on map in feet.

Type: +07343

INS

Done

Mirage fanatic !

btw, I've tried to enter coords of Roki Tunnel, but it's getting me to a totally different place ... like ~5nm error. Is it because of the mountains ?

At least that worked for me. If you want to attack ground target, enter its ground altitude. It will help to find it.

Maybe you had a a problem with alignment, that could explain the 5Nm error.

Did you do INS alignment before take off ?

Mirage fanatic !

At least that worked for me. If you want to attack ground target, enter its ground altitude. It will help to find it.

Maybe you had a a problem with alignment, that could explain the 5Nm error.

Did you do INS alignment before take off ?

of course I did

the problem was - I didn't enter target's altitude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

of course I did

the problem was - I didn't enter target's altitude

So if you don't enter target altitude the WP would be at your flight plan altitude. But it wouldn't be 5Nm off...

During alignment did you entered your actual position?

Because by default the position can be off by up to 10km, not far from your 5Nm problem.

I'm just trying to figure out...

Mirage fanatic !

Because by default the position can be off by up to 10km, not far from your 5Nm problem.

Could very well be this. Default start coordinates are quite off.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |