Development Update March 2016

Hi Guys,

I know you have been anxious for the March update but I wanted to have a few team meetings to clarify where we're at with development on all projects.

I'm going to post the pre-lim change log for Hawk (which is subject to last minute changes), a quick update on P-40 and other projects in summary.

Right now the coding team are 100% focused on Hawk and getting the big patch out to you.

This has allowed our internal development testers to really put the P-40 EFM through it's paces after the recent issues we've had with DCS 1.5 and 2.0 and so far so good.

The aim is by next week the coders can switch back to P-40 to get things finalised with the ASM/EFM interface and we are aiming to release end of April, all being well.

Hawk EFM is with the ED testers for feedback which we achieved at the end of Feb as I mentioned in last months update.

You've recently seen on our Facebook page that Rob posted up some skin shots of our Spitfire Mk. XIV. When we are closer to release on that I'll talk to ED about a co-ordinated release date as not to clash with their Mk. IX

Typhoon is still pushing forward on development as is Wildcat, Sea Fury, Buchon, Meteor and Vampire.

Bearcat is undergoing a make over of it's model by another artist and will join in the dev cycle when the model is complete.

So, let's focus now on Hawk.

As I said just now we achieved the goal of delivering the EFM and updates to ED testers by the end of Feb. With their feedback and that of our own internal testers, and that of the pilots, tweaks have been made and in my view the EFM is now complete.

The coding team, including myself, are busy making the final last minute ASM changes ready for the big update.

The preliminary changelog below is subject to last minute changes, additions and subtractions depending on any issues that arise in the next week during testing.

My aim is to have these updates in the next big patches for 1.5 and 2.0 from ED (I don't have dates for these yet before you ask).

Hawk Change List March 2016

EFM fully integrated.

Set wheel brake left and right in Axis options - Nose wheel steering has been taken away.

Toe brakes and rudder pedals animated.

Parking brake added.

Trim can be set using keyboard, joystick or using the switches in cockpit.

Oxygen hypoxia effect now around 33,000ft.

Anti-skid function added – default is off until entering runway.

Pitot heat function updated.

Standby (emergency) brake and flaps functions added.

Visual and audio buffeting added for stall and over-speed.

Low level high speed ground effect added.

EFM damage model implemented; when aircraft section destroyed, flight model is affected.

When wing section is destroyed weapons will fall and nav light will turn off.

Aircraft no longer hovers above ground when gears damaged.

Auto-start sequence (Left Win+Home) updated to remove rotation light.

Auto-stop sequence (Left Win+End) updated.

Updated cockpit textures High/Medium/Low. Set your preferred level in Options, Special, Hawk tab. 4096, 2048 and 1024 versions included.

UHF and AM radios now fully functional with other units and ATC.

New cockpit sounds.

New engine sounds.

Additional bugs no doubt introduced.

Controls indicator added.

Weapons selector (B/PB/RP) fixed.

Aden gun pod added, UPK removed.

F2 view; flaps and RPM indicator now working.

Airbrake test switch now working.

Air start option – Weapons now armed. If missiles are on the wing, missile panel will be hot and ready to fire.

Sidewinder tone for seek and lock now working.

Kneeboard joystick assignment for mark position and page changes fixed.

Det cord showing inside canopy now removed.

Training Start-up mission changed for EFM functions.

Training missions added (voice to come later) – taxi, take-off, circuit and navigation.

Safety pins removed by default.

Backlighting on main panel altered.

Aim-9M LAU-7 pylon added.

There are still other things being worked on right now which may make it into the change log or may not make it in time for the patch.

They will be worked on even after the patch so keep an eye out for patch notes and future monthly updates.

I have decided not to come out of Beta stage until you, the public, have flown and given feedback on anything we may have missed or isn't quite working right.

I'd like to thank you for your patience in waiting for these updates and hope you like flying the Hawk as much as we do with these changes.

Thanks,

Chris and the team.

• Like 1
Hi Guys,

I know you have been anxious for the March update but I wanted to have a few team meetings to clarify where we're at with development on all projects.

I'm going to post the pre-lim change log for Hawk (which is subject to last minute changes), a quick update on P-40 and other projects in summary.

Right now the coding team are 100% focused on Hawk and getting the big patch out to you.

This has allowed our internal development testers to really put the P-40 EFM through it's paces after the recent issues we've had with DCS 1.5 and 2.0 and so far so good.

The aim is by next week the coders can switch back to P-40 to get things finalised with the ASM/EFM interface and we are aiming to release end of April, all being well.

Hawk EFM is with the ED testers for feedback which we achieved at the end of Feb as I mentioned in last months update.

You've recently seen on our Facebook page that Rob posted up some skin shots of our Spitfire Mk. XIV. When we are closer to release on that I'll talk to ED about a co-ordinated release date as not to clash with their Mk. IX

Typhoon is still pushing forward on development as is Wildcat, Sea Fury, Buchon, Meteor and Vampire.

Bearcat is undergoing a make over of it's model by another artist and will join in the dev cycle when the model is complete.

So, let's focus now on Hawk.

As I said just now we achieved the goal of delivering the EFM and updates to ED testers by the end of Feb. With their feedback and that of our own internal testers, and that of the pilots, tweaks have been made and in my view the EFM is now complete.

The coding team, including myself, are busy making the final last minute ASM changes ready for the big update.

The preliminary changelog below is subject to last minute changes, additions and subtractions depending on any issues that arise in the next week during testing.

My aim is to have these updates in the next big patches for 1.5 and 2.0 from ED (I don't have dates for these yet before you ask).

Hawk Change List March 2016

EFM fully integrated.

Set wheel brake left and right in Axis options - Nose wheel steering has been taken away.

Toe brakes and rudder pedals animated.

Parking brake added.

Trim can be set using keyboard, joystick or using the switches in cockpit.

Oxygen hypoxia effect now around 33,000ft.

Anti-skid function added – default is off until entering runway.

Pitot heat function updated.

Standby (emergency) brake and flaps functions added.

Visual and audio buffeting added for stall and over-speed.

Low level high speed ground effect added.

EFM damage model implemented; when aircraft section destroyed, flight model is affected.

When wing section is destroyed weapons will fall and nav light will turn off.

Aircraft no longer hovers above ground when gears damaged.

Auto-start sequence (Left Win+Home) updated to remove rotation light.

Auto-stop sequence (Left Win+End) updated.

Updated cockpit textures High/Medium/Low. Set your preferred level in Options, Special, Hawk tab. 4096, 2048 and 1024 versions included.

UHF and AM radios now fully functional with other units and ATC.

New cockpit sounds.

New engine sounds.

Additional bugs no doubt introduced.

Controls indicator added.

Weapons selector (B/PB/RP) fixed.

Aden gun pod added, UPK removed.

F2 view; flaps and RPM indicator now working.

Airbrake test switch now working.

Air start option – Weapons now armed. If missiles are on the wing, missile panel will be hot and ready to fire.

Sidewinder tone for seek and lock now working.

Kneeboard joystick assignment for mark position and page changes fixed.

Det cord showing inside canopy now removed.

Training Start-up mission changed for EFM functions.

Training missions added (voice to come later) – taxi, take-off, circuit and navigation.

Safety pins removed by default.

Backlighting on main panel altered.

Aim-9M LAU-7 pylon added.

There are still other things being worked on right now which may make it into the change log or may not make it in time for the patch.

They will be worked on even after the patch so keep an eye out for patch notes and future monthly updates.

I have decided not to come out of Beta stage until you, the public, have flown and given feedback on anything we may have missed or isn't quite working right.

I'd like to thank you for your patience in waiting for these updates and hope you like flying the Hawk as much as we do with these changes.

Thanks,

Chris and the team.

Have weapons remaining on pylons after release been addressed ie; mk-82 all drop but still showing 2 on the wing pylons? Also I didn't notice anything on the jettison of stores not working, everything jettisoned except the bombs and bomb pylons. Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Sorry if I missed it, but did you miss out the Spitfire project in the news update, or is it somewhere else?

Happy landings,

Talisman

OK, notice the one-liner now; I was so keen for the Spit news that I scanned the text a bit too quick as it was mostly about what I was not interested in.

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Sorry if I missed it, but did you miss out the Spitfire project in the news update, or is it somewhere else?

Happy landings,

Talisman

OK, notice the one-liner now; I was so keen for the Spit news that I scanned the text a bit too quick as it was mostly about what I was not interested in.

Hopefully I will be able to share more on Spitfire probably in May :)

Pman

Didn't think the cockpit textures would make this update so that's a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Excellent news thanks for the update Chris. Really can't wait to get stuck into the hawk. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Happy landings,

Talisman

I did mention it but only briefly....

"You've recently seen on our Facebook page that Rob posted up some skin shots of our Spitfire Mk. XIV. When we are closer to release on that I'll talk to ED about a co-ordinated release date as not to clash with their Mk. IX"

Ah sniped by Pete, darn phone not updating all the posts...