Problem with tirgger

bkthunder

I have a big problem with releasing weapons in the Mirage. Its like the aircraft thinks I'm pulling the trigger multiple times, resulting in simultaneous firing of missiles etc.

I'm using an X52 pro and I don't have this problem with other modules.

If I select the 530D for example, as soon as I press the trigger (1st detent), both missiles launch. And the same goes for the magics.

If I do the same by pressing Space bar on the keyboard, only one missile launches as expected.

Any ideas? Is it a bug?

It happens only with the M2000

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

It happens when you hold the trigger for too long. You have to just tap it

Not really, the results are really inconsistent.

Most of the times it launches 2 missiles as soon as I tap it. That means in 0.001 seconds.

Other times, if I hold it for a second, only one missile is released, but then when I release it, another missile goes...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Will be solved once PPA is released (i.e. next update) :)

I hope that's the reason why, can hardly do A-A now..

Looking forward to the next patch, whenever ED decides to release it :music_whistling:

The problem would remain when firing the gun anyway.

Right now I get very erratic and intermittent firing when holding the trigger. With the spacebar everything works fine.

I really don't know how to work around this, but it's something that happens only in the Mirage...

The problem would remain when firing the gun anyway.

Right now I get very erratic and intermittent firing when holding the trigger. With the spacebar everything works fine.

I really don't know how to work around this, but it's something that happens only in the Mirage...

By your description it seems that the problem is in the stick trigger button.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I guess this could be a problem of "repeat" input... Like, for example, pressing the joystick trigger makes a repeated "down up, down up, down up" until the trigger is released, instead of a "down" then "up" when the trigger is released. Maybe that affect Only the Mirage 2000 module because of a different "Down/Up" management for this particular action.

I guess this could be a problem of "repeat" input... Like, for example, pressing the joystick trigger makes a repeated "down up, down up, down up" until the trigger is released, instead of a "down" then "up" when the trigger is released. Maybe that affect Only the Mirage 2000 module because of a different "Down/Up" management for this particular action.

Yeah this seems like the most logical conclusion.

by which way you programmed your trigger ? Are you using somme Saitek software and/or builtin DCS button mapping ?

Normal builtin mapping.

If I use the saitek program and assign the spacebar to the trigger, I get a repetition of the spacebar press, and that doesn't work well because the result is the same...

Normal builtin mapping.

If I use the saitek program and assign the spacebar to the trigger, I get a repetition of the spacebar press, and that doesn't work well because the result is the same...

You should not have a repetition... here is something wrong with your joystick i think. I don't know X52 well, but You should have:

Press Trigger -> Spacebar press

Release triggler -> Spacebar release

Try to 1) unplug joystick 2) uninstall drivers 3) reboot 4) reinstall drivers 5) plug joystick on a different USB port.

At least, that can be a bad contact in the trigger button... more dificult to solve...

You should not have a repetition... here is something wrong with your joystick i think. I don't know X52 well, but You should have:

Press Trigger -> Spacebar press

Release triggler -> Spacebar release

Try to 1) unplug joystick 2) uninstall drivers 3) reboot 4) reinstall drivers 5) plug joystick on a different USB port.

At least, that can be a bad contact in the trigger button... more dificult to solve...

I'm away from my sim kit until the weekend, but I'll try those steps when I get back to it. My stick is in good shape though, so I doubt it is a hardware problem.

I have this problem ONLY with the M2000. Every other aircraft works fine.

I haven't seen anybody else report this kind of issue, and since it only effects the joystick input and not the keyboard input it doesn't seem like you have a weirdly broken copy of the module.

Have you tried assigning different buttons on your controller to 'fire'?

Hi bkthunder,

I had the same problem with the saitek software and my Pro Rudder Combat.

I used to map the wheel brakes key on the rudder pedals for the FC3 aircraft and when braking, the Saitek software often spams wheel brake key command in some kind of infinite loop.

Unpluging the rudder's USB cable ends in frozen screens or BSODs. The only way to stop it was to reboot the system.

I don't use the saitek software anymore to map the key bindings. I use axis assignment in DCS whenever a can or I brake using the keyboard. Hopefully, M-2000c has braking axis :-)

I'd recommand you to stop using the Saitek software and give a try to the in game controls assignments.

Let us know if it solved anything.

Hi bkthunder,

I had the same problem with the saitek software and my Pro Rudder Combat.

I used to map the wheel brakes key on the rudder pedals for the FC3 aircraft and when braking, the Saitek software often spams wheel brake key command in some kind of infinite loop.

Unpluging the rudder's USB cable ends in frozen screens or BSODs. The only way to stop it was to reboot the system.

I don't use the saitek software anymore to map the key bindings. I use axis assignment in DCS whenever a can or I brake using the keyboard. Hopefully, M-2000c has braking axis :-)

I'd recommand you to stop using the Saitek software and give a try to the in game controls assignments.

Let us know if it solved anything.

I am already using the built-in mapping from DCS.

When I get home I'll try to map the trigger to a different button and see if that changes anything.

In any case, I think this can also have something to do with the Mirage in how it handles inputs.

I remember something very similar in the early days of the P-51, the sight distance axis had 0 tolerance for error, and so it was spiking terribly up and down.

I think my joystick is not perfect (as many others), and probably right now there is no tolerance for how the mirage handles the trigger inputs.

Maybe Razbam could add a "dead zone" that consecutive trigger inputs faster <0.1 seconds are ignored, or something like that, well you get the idea I hope.

This could explain why the problem doesn't show in other modules.

I think my joystick is not perfect (as many others), and probably right now there is no tolerance for how the mirage handles the trigger inputs.

Hmm... there is not many way to handle such kind of input... its binary 1/0, nothing to do with analogical "tolerance" here, the button is "off" or "on", if it spam "on/off/on/off" this is a bad contact or a driver bug...

You may have one of following problems:

1. You have an old software and drivers on Windows 10.

2. You mapped the trigger incorrectly. You can map it as a special command where you will have press and release actions separately.

3. You are using Teamspeak with detection of any device button press. You have to set the detection to Keyboard and Mouse only.

I have run in all of these issues eventually when I owned X-52 and then X-55.

I can help you more if your will narrow the source of the issue a bit.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

You may have one of following problems:

1. You have an old software and drivers on Windows 10.

2. You mapped the trigger incorrectly. You can map it as a special command where you will have press and release actions separately.

3. You are using Teamspeak with detection of any device button press. You have to set the detection to Keyboard and Mouse only.

I have run in all of these issues eventually when I owned X-52 and then X-55.

I can help you more if your will narrow the source of the issue a bit.

1. I'm on Win 7

2. Not mapped as anything special. I am not using a saitek profile, just mapped everything inside of DCS

3. Not using TS

I can't really narrow it down more. The trigger is working fine in every module / other games.

I tested on the windows control panel (the one with all the red buttons where you can test the different button presses etc.), and the trigger gives out a steady "red" as long as it's kept pressed.

The only culprit here is that IF (purely as a test) I use the saitek software to assign for example the "C" letter to the trigger, and then test it on the notepad, I will get this CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC as long as I keep the trigger pressed. Although other buttons act in the same way.

The introduction of the PPA with the latest patch seems to have solved the problem with the missiles, but not with the cannon.

BTW, thanks for all the ideas you guys are posting, makes me feel less lonely ;)

I hope to find some kind of solution, apparently I'm the only one having this problem with the Mirage.

The only culprit here is that IF (purely as a test) I use the saitek software to assign for example the "C" letter to the trigger, and then test it on the notepad, I will get this CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC as long as I keep the trigger pressed. Although other buttons act in the same way.

Any keyboard character key that is held down will start to repeat after a couple of seconds, that is normal behaviour, your keyboard does that too.

What you need to check is that if this repetition looks normal compared to what happens when you press the same key on the keyboard.

You can test the trigger in the Saitek software. Map the spacebar to it and then in the test window hold the trigger pressed for some time. Saitek software shows different color when the key is pressed and when it is released. You can test this way if the trigger releases the key randomly due to sensor issue.

Also note that if you have X-52pro then the trigger is two stage and you should map same key for both stages to avoid problems when you press it too much for example.

Edited by Jumbik

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.