Some INS questions

fjacobsen

I have now figured out how to align the INS and add waypoints...

1st question is that when setting the PCN mode selecto to D/RLT, distance cahnges correctly whan flying towards the selected waypoint, but Bearing seems to be off by what sems to be 180°.

2nd question is how to setup the landing waypoint.

I has set waypoint 00, 01, 02, 03 & 04, where 00 is present position and waypoint 04 is my landing waypoint.

The position for waypoint 04 is at the treshold of RWY 12 at Batumi.

Altitude is set +00032 ft, while CP/PD are 126.0 / 03.0 (Rwy heading and glideslope).

ILS radio is set to 110.30

Pressing APP when turning final.

How to set wind direction to activate the ILS for RWY 12 at Batumi ?

Are other inputs to the INS necessary ?

Problem is that while I have seen the LOC/GP indications together with the ILS localiser line on the HUD with the surface wind set to appr. 220° in the weather menu, I still haven´t seen the syntetic runway on the HUD.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I figured out the D/RLT issue.

To see the correct values the waypoint must be selected via the Prpe button and not DEST.

Thanks Pikey regarding the heads-up for the not yet implementet manual landing via INS.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Alignment? Is it already implemented? Did I miss an update at the mirage :huh:

Where do you guys get your news? Cant find a clear "state of the mirage" thread...

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I figured out the D/RLT issue.

To see the correct values the waypoint must be selected via the Prpe button and not DEST.

Thanks Pikey regarding the heads-up for the not yet implementet manual landing via INS.

Data read on PCN display are about PREP waypoint.

Data about DEST are dsiplayed on HSI/ HUD.

But you can set PREP = DEST (click twice on PREP), and you will read DEST data on PCN :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Changes were only made for the Open Beta branch as of now.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

That just a certain group of people?

1.5.3 has been upgraded to 1.5.4. But to check for unexpected bugs, like the TrackIR or the options CTD bug, it was released for Open Beta only.

If no other problems are detected this Friday 1.5.4 will be released to stable and next Friday Open Alpha will be upgraded as well.

• Like 2

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 3 months later...

I'm not completely sure how it should work in the Mirage, but when having the PCN Parameter Selector knob in the DV/FV position isn't it supposed to show the heading the wind is coming from not where it's headed? i.e. The wind is moving from west to east which is said to be a 270 degrees wind, but in the mission editor and the M-2000C PCN it's the opposite (90 degrees wind).

If so is it a known issue? Thanks! :)

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

I'm not completely sure how it should work in the Mirage, but when having the PCN Parameter Selector knob in the DV/FV position isn't it supposed to show the heading the wind is coming from not where it's headed? i.e. The wind is moving from west to east which is said to be a 270 degrees wind, but in the mission editor and the M-2000C PCN it's the opposite (90 degrees wind).

If so is it a known issue? Thanks! :)

The mission editor user interface seems to have it wrong.

I set the wind to 090°, I fly North, and the FPM shows me I'm drifting east.

So ME is off by 180°, don't trust the degree value, follow the arrow direction.

But there are so many things wrong in ME...

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The mission editor user interface seems to have it wrong.

I set the wind to 090°, I fly North, and the FPM shows me I'm drifting east.

So ME is off by 180°, don't trust the degree value, follow the arrow direction.

Have you set it at 90 for all altitudes?

BTW this incorrectness is the same in the M-2000C. I just set 90° winds in ME for all altitudes, the PCN shows 90° & while travelling north I get eastwards drift too. Shouldn't it be reversed in the PCN (270°)?

Wind value in ME is direction "TO" and not "from" for years (possibly since LOMAC or even Flanker).

That's illogical in conventional aeronautics rules but ED has never change it......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

What matters more to me is that Razbam fixes the wind direction indication in the PCN, I'm guessing that the DV/FV mode is still WIP?

As for ME that's something for ED to fix and doesn't bother me that much, I just need to reverse my 'wind thinking' for the brief times I'm in the ME then return to the 'normal wind thinking' when in the flight. It can be confusing at first though ;).

Hi, i have a question. Why the waypoint's altitude does not appear at the pcn panel? I creat a mission with different altitudes for differents waypoints, but the pcn always shows the altitude as 00ft.

A couple of observations:

- Any flightplan created in the ME will have its altitudes changed to the terrain altitude where the waypoint is located at load time. In other words, if you entered 12,000ft for waypoint 03 in the ME and the terrain altitude at that spot is 450ft the PCN will store the 450ft and that is the altitude you will see. You always enter the terrain altitude for the waypoint location.

- Please check that PREP shows the waypoint number you want to check. PREP 00 shows current position data, including altitude. It had a bug that it was reporting current altitude as 0ft/0m but that was fixed a few updates ago.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

A couple of observations:

- Any flightplan created in the ME will have its altitudes changed to the terrain altitude where the waypoint is located at load time. In other words, if you entered 12,000ft for waypoint 03 in the ME and the terrain altitude at that spot is 450ft the PCN will store the 450ft and that is the altitude you will see. You always enter the terrain altitude for the waypoint location.

- Please check that PREP shows the waypoint number you want to check. PREP 00 shows current position data, including altitude. It had a bug that it was reporting current altitude as 0ft/0m but that was fixed a few updates ago.

How about the wind indication issue Zeus?

How about the wind indication issue Zeus?

I don't know what I can do. All I do is ask DCS for the wind status and it replies giving me wind speed and direction, which is what the PCN displays.

Unfortunately it seems that the ME and DCS speak different languages that are closely related, like Spanish and Portuguese. They can understand each other but sometimes they are confusing as hell.

I'll have to ask ED to translate between DCS and ME.

If you know the wind reported by the game engine is for example: wind-to-true, m/s then it's a simple mathematical consequence what is wind-from-magnetic, knots or whatever the PCN should display.

At the risk of completely blowing the question of whether to use the engine wind report directly or with a little arithmetic applied: Typically INSs that display the wind value are doing so by a method which calculates what the wind must have to be by vector subtraction of air velocity and true velocity. One consequence is that while parked on the ground the INS cannot calculate any wind.

If that's how the Mirage INS works then the most accurate way of simulating the wind display doesn't require requesting wind information from the engine at all. It would be a consequence of velocity, heading, and possibly beta angle.

While I don't know how it works & while it's an ED module it's worth mentioning that the A-10C shows the correct wind heading in its display (opposite to what's in ME), so ED have already solved that in their plane.

Sent from my cell phone using Tapatalk.