The PPA (Poste de Preparation Armement : Weapons Preparation Panel)

Zeus67

That sounds great. I'm really looking forward to use the PPA in depth. :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Its nice to have a visual like that, the PCA is good enough for A-A but less for judging stores for A-G

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys rock! Can't wait PPA and Ins system

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the PPA, in the real manual it clearly states that AUTO/G/D selector only applies to S 530.

Does anyone know how the system is supposed to behave when left S 530 has been shot?

I understand that making AUTO/G/D also affecting Magic IIs in DCS will allow the user to decide, thus avoiding the situation where only left missiles are fired, but I'm curious to know how it was working on the real aircraft as there is no apparent way of selecting which Magic to shoot.

Also, will we have "AUTO" S 530 implemented (button (3) in the figure)? It looks like a CCRP mode for S 530 (pilot presses fire button but missile is shot only when optimal condition are satisfied).

Thanks,

P

PPA_description.thumb.PNG.5eaccae1a339423e1de0984861265601.PNG

PPA_figure.thumb.PNG.09a72a8dd78d92fac4946b8671677770.PNG

Wow, the CCRP mode looks really interesting, I would love to see it implemented.

Complete description is (translated):

"MAN: missile release at BRM press"

"AUTO: pilot authorizes shooting (by pressing BRM) but the missile is released only at the optimum point computed by the system"

The big issue here is what is this "optimum point". I'd love to see something like that implemented, unfortunately I don't know what to put in there.

Edited by PiedDroit

@ PiedDroit:

Given the texture of the PPA (with a white line separating the zone with G/AUTO/D + P/MISS + AUTO/MAN and the zone with P/MAG) I guess you're probably right i.e. the G/AUTO/D applies only to S-530D IRL.

But there probably is another way for the pilot to select which Magic he wants to shoot. Since there seems to be no available data on how this is done, my opinion is that making the G/AUTO/D switch manage both the S-530Ds and the Magics - as Razbam indend to do if I correctly understood - is probably the best option. :)

Regarding the AUTO/MAN switch, my understanding is that it was wired for the RDM only. No feature on the RDI for this.

++

Az'

spacer.png

@ PiedDroit:

Given the texture of the PPA (with a white line separating the zone with G/AUTO/D + P/MISS + AUTO/MAN and the zone with P/MAG) I guess you're probably right i.e. the G/AUTO/D applies only to S-530D IRL.

But there probably is another way for the pilot to select which Magic he wants to shoot. Since there seems to be no available data on how this is done, my opinion is that making the G/AUTO/D switch manage both the S-530Ds and the Magics - as Razbam indend to do if I correctly understood - is probably the best option. smile.gif

Regarding the AUTO/MAN switch, my understanding is that it was wired for the RDM only. No feature on the RDI for this.

++

Az'

Yes I agree, leaving it (AUTO/G/D for Magics) like this is probably the best option, it can be refined later if more info is available.

Regarding MAN/AUTO, fair enough, it's not on my top priority list regarding weapon management anyway (I'm fine with the answer "no, it won't be implemented").

I'd like to see the Magic/Gun/PCA HOTAS selector properly implemented (PCA setting really shouldn't be modified when using it): "gun mode" and "cannon"?

Edited by PiedDroit

in the Mirage III the Bog Standard R530 had an Auto fire capability as well. With Auto Fire selected on the R530 would fire at a point known as Topt. this was about 2/3 of the Rmax of the missile. In current terminology you could consider it as Rmax2/Rttr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now I need a tutorial for M2000 its getting complicated! :)

Can someone help?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

The loadout screen is going to be interesting if it gets done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any events that trigger the Magic preparation procedure, other than manually clicking the relative button?

I just flew a mission and I was sure I disabled it during startup, only to find it up and running halfway through.

Are there any events that trigger the Magic preparation procedure, other than manually clicking the relative button?

I just flew a mission and I was sure I disabled it during startup, only to find it up and running halfway through.

Selecting Magics via HOTAS or PCA will trigger Magic PREP.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Not sure if bug , but when i press PCA2 when 530D is selected it doesn't deselect and switch to NAV mode (while weapons arm is switched off)

( 1.5.4 latest version)

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]