New 3D model C-17 Globemaster III by precise3dmodeling.com

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professional work! What about the poly count for our flightsims?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i5-760 (2.8-3.33), GigaByte GA-P55-USB3, be quiet PurePower BQT L7 530W ATX23, CoolerMaster CM690II Adv, LG GH22LS, HD 500GB WD5001AALS, 6 GB Kingston 1333-999 Blu, Sapphire 1GB HD5850 Vapor-X OC, Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000, display LG E2350VR-SN 23"

Professional work! What about the poly count for our flightsims?

The poly count is 99K triangles.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27170&d=1241489844

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Ok this thread is in DCS forum so I assume at least some of these beautiful 3D models that we are seeing around will be used in DCS: A-10C. The question is what kind of performance drop we are talking about with models containing 100000 polygons? Does anyone know? I mean probably some of those have already been tested with the game engine, so what can we expect? This C-17 looks amazing BTW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to interrupt the jawdropping experiences. ;)

Renderings from a 3D-studio engine can quite often be misleading.

Are there any renderings done by the DCS engine so far? It'll be interesing to see how DCS interprets the model, lightning, textures etc :)

PS: In general this tip goes to any model for any sim - it's more relevant to see the model in the environment it's expected to operate - not in standalone rendering motor which we dont have installed at our computers. :)

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

IIRC, the Apache in Black Shark is close to 100K poly, so looking at that would give you a general idea how your PC is able to render the C-17. Plus with the use of lods and such, performance won't take a huge hit.

I think the Apache is even way past 100k. Something like 130k pops up in my mind, but my memory has let me down before, so i'm not sure ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

For cockpit close-ups for example? Or using it for simulation-addons?

I really doubt that there is EVER going to be a C-17 simulator for DCS made by ED. Maybe by 3rd parties, once the tools are available. However, this company only provides 3D models to ED.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I really doubt that there is EVER going to be a C-17 simulator for DCS made by ED. Maybe by 3rd parties, once the tools are available. However, this company only provides 3D models to ED.

ED is not the only customer who could have interests in complex models...;)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• 2 months later...

If you guys want to drive a huge bus... ummm.. ok, but I think Microsoft has a few already flyable.. :cry:

A C130 gunship might be cool..

:smilewink:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

If you guys want to drive a huge bus... ummm.. ok, but I think Microsoft has a few already flyable.. :cry:

A C130 gunship might be cool..

:smilewink:

AC-17 would be even cooler. ;)

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

do you know when this amazing model is done and i can see it in action in DCS:BS?? :)

Specially for you

screenshot000d.jpg

screenshot0201.jpg

• Like 1

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]