VEAO is doing the A-4C "Skyhawk"?

Yes all of us Kiwi's would love that, hopefully in the future we'll get one once we have the C model (and then F)

The K was one of the best upgrades which included AN/APG66 radar, Hotas, Ferranti Hud, RWR and chaff/flare dispenser. And could carry Aim9L, AGM65 and GBU-16. Would fit right in to DCS.:thumbup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A4K

Pity they sold them they used to be fun to watch.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering the chances of VEAO doing a "E" version first, here the reasons.

- Two more hardpoints, that means more weapons = more fun AND the hability to carry two Sidewinders + drop tanks + A-G ordinance will give the player more chances to survive against the current planeset.

- More loadout options, including the AGM-45 Shrike ARM (AFAIK the C only fired the Shrike on firing range), so we can have a more effective way of dealing with Iron Hand (the SEAD for the navy) missions.

- The Echo version was the one used in Nevada exercices, so we can represent better the Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program aka as Top Gun.

My 2 cents. (Shrikes, Bulpups and a drop tank in the photo).

A4ShrikeandBullpupBirdds_zps23fb1ac8.jpg

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

The K was one of the best upgrades which included AN/APG66 radar, Hotas, Ferranti Hud, RWR and chaff/flare dispenser. And could carry Aim9L, AGM65 and GBU-16. Would fit right in to DCS.:thumbup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A4K

Pity they sold them they used to be fun to watch.:doh:

It's a shame I can't find sale transfer, quite sure though Australia sold you guys our fleet of 10 or so for less than half the price of 1 F-18C back in 1984. At a guess it was around the 8-10mil mark This was when we signed up buy our hornets

- Two more hardpoints, that means more weapons = more fun AND the hability to carry two Sidewinders + drop tanks + A-G ordinance will give the player more chances to survive against the current planeset.

- More loadout options, including the AGM-45 Shrike ARM (AFAIK the C only fired the Shrike on firing range), so we can have a more effective way of dealing with Iron Hand (the SEAD for the navy) missions.

- The Echo version was the one used in Nevada exercices, so we can represent better the Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program aka as Top Gun.

A4ShrikeandBullpupBirdds_zps23fb1ac8.jpg

Hi, for the first iteration of the Skyhawk we will do the C model.

Although we appreciate that the later variants have additional payloads and capacity we want to crawl before we run ;)

Who knows what the future holds regarding alternative variants.

Pman

Hi, for the first iteration of the Skyhawk we will do the C model.

Although we appreciate that the later variants have additional payloads and capacity we want to crawl before we run ;)

Who knows what the future holds regarding alternative variants.

Pman

Don't share your point of view, but I respect it, and kudos to you for the open and civilizated discussion on the VEAO forums. Good luck with the project, will keep an eye here to see how it goes. Thanks.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Well given it will be about 3 minutes before the first E model inspired aggressor skin appears, might be the kick I need to want to buy Nevada.

Top Gun soundtrack full volume, get the barber to give me an 80's hairdo, heaven.....

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Exciting times ahead.

This scooter might be a challenge to handle when fully loaded...

Good luck and courage to the team. And thank you for the communication!

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Well given it will be about 3 minutes before the first E model inspired aggressor skin appears, might be the kick I need to want to buy Nevada.

Top Gun soundtrack full volume, get the barber to give me an 80's hairdo, heaven.....

hahaha

That's the spirit!

Pman

A-4F :p

Enjoy:

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

We currently have several teams working on different aircraft, the Skyhawk being one of them.

Cheers,

Chris.

Chris, I've posted some pics of an A4K on here for someone else. If you need anything specific (non engine), let me know.

• Like 1

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

The A4K Kahu has a popout generator for in the event of a flame out or electrical fault which was attached to the fuselage. I haven't seen any pictures on the internet of it but it has one, I don't know if any other A4 types have that though.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

All of the models had it, it's on the right side of the fuselage just in below, and in front of the gun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

I didn't feel like this needs a new thread but I really think you guys could benefit from a general FAQ (covering all modules) thread. That way you're not repeating yourselves all the time.

not a bad idea, shame no one ever reads them lol.

Pman