Mig 15 Cockpit Photos

A friend of mine informed me today that he bought a Mig 15!:doh: It is a two seater front and back.

This to go with his Dolphin L29 he bought last year. Oh to have money.:(

Anyway, he sent me photos of the cockpit. I thought they might be of interest.

Front Cockpit

FrontCockpit1.jpg

Front Cockpit2

FrontCockpit2.jpg

Front Cockpit Leftside

FrtCkptLeftside.jpg

Front Cockpit Rightside

FrtCkptrightside.jpg

Rear Cockpit

RearCkpt.jpg

L29

L_29_TailViper.jpg

Proud Owner

MeandMyMIG.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be better to have a nice little digital radio panel on the side than that.... thing :D

(it has nothing to do with a MiG-15 anyway, except that it looks about as old)

I wonder what's the "speed brakes extended max 7 min" about

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Hot dang! :shocking: You need to ask him for a ride immediately and take video.

But check this out. If I had the money to buy a Mig and get it airworthy, I'd get some top-of-the-line avionics. Really, that third grader GPS at the top and the instrument panel immediately underneath are fugly.

Why not get something like this? They're multifunction display which will leave enough room on the original instrument panel for nav, radio and auto pilot stuff.

But hot damn. Awesomenage*2

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

He and his brother also own a Bell 228B helicopter as well. I have been fortunate enough to receive a couple of lessons in the chopper. We even hovered it over my house in town. Good thing the no one reported us! Sure got my neighbours attention.:megalol: Hopefully the opportunity will come to go up in the MIG, or Dolfin.

I asked him what he was going to do with the Dolfin, he said they are "building up their own airforce".

They just purchased the Mig knowing these guys they will make improvements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That MiG-15 seems heavily modded! Imperial gauges, lots of INOP systems etc.

Seems like only the airframe remains original!

However, it's a great investment, I'm glad there's people like that!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's the way it has to be when you want to get it registered and fly it.. For some jets, like a MiG-21, in some countries you even have to weaken the structure, so that the max G load would be lower :(

Both aircraft are air worthy. interesting to note, I asked him what about the ejection seats in the L29, he told me they took them out since it cost $65K/year to maintain them.

As far as speed goes it my understading that since both of these aircraft are subsonic there are no other restrictions on them other than what Canadian law allows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's cool but his head is clearly cut and pasted on there. Note the pixely outline around his head compared to the smoothness around the jacket, the compressed looking details on his face compared to his hands, the lighter coloured line at the top of his hair, and the sharp line between the dark and the light area on his neck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofor you have a good eye. The simple explanation is the photo is of his brother and so my friend put his head on his brothers body so he could give me permission to post the photo. If you look closer at my post you will notice I added the "Proud Owner" photo later for this reason.

I can assure you this is the real deal. I do not need justification of this story to feed my ego.:music_whistling: I merely posted this to share life experiences.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nscode, I would assume Speed Brake "Max 7 Min" means only can be extended for 7 minutes. I will be glad to ask him for any answers to questions concerning the Mig. They just purchased it. It is in flying condition.

The person they recently highered to run their company was an F18-A pilot for a number of years as well as Commander of the Snowbird aerobatic team. You can see where they will get their lessons on jets.:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes... I know means that.. what I wonder is why is the limit there :)

I know that in L-29 the wheel brakes are operated by pressure from nitrogen canisters that get pressurized pre-flight, and then you have a limited number of brake uses