VEAO Spitfire Mk XIV Dev Diary

Pman

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd share one WIP from one of the Spitfire skins :)

More will follow when nearer to pre-sale

Pman

Bring it!! :D

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

That's a very nice looking skin!

Is the green circle on the wing there to highlight another possible skin colour? :)

No its there as an accurate representation of how the aircraft were repurposed and giving a hint of its previous life.

Pman

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's a very nice looking skin! :thumbup:

Is the green circle on the wing there to highlight another possible skin colour? :)

Hi Hummingbird, some of these aircraft werr used in the ETO before being transferred over to SEAC. There is evidence to suggest that because ofa lack of time, the previous markings were over painted in new dark green (the more saturated colour) and then the new roundels apllied on top. As the new green paint was applied in a rush, I've tried to show a little chipping where the paint hasn't quite stuck propeely, revealing the ETO roundels beneath. There's still some work to do :)

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

No its there as an accurate representation of how the aircraft were repurposed and giving a hint of its previous life.

Pman

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I like that :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi Hummingbird, some of these aircraft werr used in the ETO before being transferred over to SEAC. There is evidence to suggest that because ofa lack of time, the previous markings were over painted in new dark green (the more saturated colour) and then the new roundels apllied on top. As the new green paint was applied in a rush, I've tried to show a little chipping where the paint hasn't quite stuck properly, revealing the ETO roundels beneath. There's still some work to do :)

It looks really good IMO. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Clipped Wings = Increased Roll Rate and Less drag. :-)

Correct - it is the same with the Yak55 and Yak55M (clipped wing version). The role rate on the 55M is greatly increased.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Hi Hummingbird, some of these aircraft werr used in the ETO before being transferred over to SEAC. There is evidence to suggest that because ofa lack of time, the previous markings were over painted in new dark green (the more saturated colour) and then the new roundels apllied on top. As the new green paint was applied in a rush, I've tried to show a little chipping where the paint hasn't quite stuck propeely, revealing the ETO roundels beneath. There's still some work to do :)

Very cool, nice to see such detail :)

We will be using our own cockpit of course. Everything about our Spitfire will be independent of ED's MkIX

We will show some of it closer to the time of release :) At that point you can judge for yourselves

Pman

I understand you are 2 separate companies, but it is still double work that could be saved and this time could be spent on doing other great aircrafts. Well, that's the way it is.

Edited by TomCatMucDe
edit: I meant companies, not countries of course!