How to deactivate all modules? Following procedure on ED site doesn't seem to work

Echo38

BTW,

you can now deactivate all modules ( that I have, all but 2 ), so that has been taken care of by now.

Luckily, my move to 10 didnt cost any lic so far...

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, I am in the process of doing a clean install,, I cant say that Im not confused as how to deactivate, then reactivate,,, Jeesh!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

MadDog's procedure works perfectly. Kudos and rep to MadDog-IC.

Edit: Sorry got the message "You can't add reputation...". WTF?

Glad I could help, thanks for the message. But don't know why you can't rep either, I have tried in past and get same message.

Regards to all, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

This is NOT the procedure to deactivate a module, but rather to unbind it from your account. These should under no circumstances be confused.

I'm so glad you posted that, as I thought it was! Be so much easier to have a deactivate button in the module manager.

I'm changing my ram soon to 16gb, do I have to deactivate all my modules for that?

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

That depends, did you change any other hardware around since you last activated?

Edit:

Here is a list that explains how the system works with hardware change:

If StarForce detects changes to your computer hardware/software as described below, an
activation will be required.
An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated
below:
CPU ID: 13
Windows PID: 3
Computer Name: 3
Hard drive volume serial number: 3
MAC address: 6
RAM amount: 6 			 		

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

That depends, did you change any other hardware around since you last activated?

Not for a few months, I did move my install to a different partition on the same ssd but that didn't seem to be a problem.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Not for a few months, I did move my install to a different partition on the same ssd but that didn't seem to be a problem.

It only counts if you physically add or remove a piece of hardware from the list above (not peripherals like mouse, keyboard, etc.), the only exception being if you reinstall your operating system.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 4 weeks later...
Graphics card is not in your list so I assume it won't be taken into account, will it? I will probably need a new one when 1.5 arrives.

Bump for this, does anyone know if a graphics card change will trigger a reactivation? Also, does the deactivation have to be done on both the 'normal' DCS install modules AND the ones in 1.5 beta?

Edited by Uther

• 1 month later...

My DCS:MIG-21 bis module all of a sudden cannot be deactivated anymore. Error:

"Unable to deactivate the product license due to significant changes of the computer hardware configuration. Only valid licenses can be deactivated.

To obtain an error report and send it to product technical support, click the corresponding button.

Error report has been generated successfully. Press "View Report" to view data to be transferred. Save the report file to your hard disk to send it to the product technical support.

E-mail: support@leatherneck-sim.com

Web page: http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

Important error details (already included in the report):

UK: ESKA-T6MJQB-M8ZCYN-PMC3TN-UNUCB4-EPAC6P

5.91.1.3; 3231; ES: 185, 216, 98, 9D, D9, BE, C9, 95, 184, 0".

As you can imagine, for sure I didn't change any hardware in my computer and I didn't change my OS. Had I done this, I would've behaved in a stupid way, ain't it? I didn't write my previous posts in this thread just for nothing, that's for sure.

So, this is our great Starforce DRM which ED's guys so hastily adopted. If it is still not clear: IT FAILS. I've just lost one activation because of a stupid software error. I will open a customer support ticket, but most probably I am just wasting my time. I bought 8 modules in total; I am starting to feel sorry that I invested this much money in this game, 1-2 modules would have sufficed for such a stupid DRM system.

Edited by silviuf
Update

Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz + Tt ISGC-300, Asus Z77-A, Asus R9 290X OC DC2, Corsair 16 GB RAM 1333 MHz, SSD Intel 330 180GB, Asus Xonar DG, Cooler Master CM 690 II, Razer, Super Flower Golden King 750W, Razer BW Ultimate Stealth + Imperator, Saitek X52 Pro, Win 8.1, Benq XL2411Z 24"

• 4 weeks later...

This is horrible! Ive been on the forums digging for way to long today to find out how to deactivate not only a module, but the NTTR map as well. I just installed 2.0 and activated my Hawk and NTTR, the install is gaffed and repair did nothing. I want to restore to an image file prior to the 2.0 install but want to deactivate 1st and try again,,, cant find much except to try and uninstall the module only via

C:\Games\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Hawk\bin\a10_protect.exe

Cant find a way to do the NTTR map though,,, can we get this simplified ED? This info is Ambiguous at best and scattered all over the forums.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I don't want to tell you the wrong thing, I simply don't know. My guess would be if it was a positive response, I don't see the harm,, if it was negative, I would be reluctant in fear of discipline action of some form? I really dont know, nor am IO looking for trouble.

Thank you Blaueente

MadDog-IC procedure worked for me, too... thanks man, you're the one! :thumbup:

Glad it is useful.

I just upgraded my machine again, and did the whole deactivation and reactivation dance once again.

Thank god I got on the ED site and checked that each module was indeed deactivated, as I had forgotten to do the combined arms one.

But the whole deactivation and activation proceedure went with out a single hickup.

Merry Christmas to All, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

How do you check the activated/deactivated status of a module on the site?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

• Choose profile from the top right of screen - Will show all you purchase invoices.
  • Click Details next to an invoice for the module you purchased
  • Find Serial number on next screen - Highlight with mouse pointer till all blue, then drag and drop across to the left bottom License Check input box and click the Check button.
  • You can now see all the activation/deactivation information for that module - You can click the states history for past activation and deactivation also.

Happy new Year, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

Quite frankly I gave up on this procedure. I had all 3 versions of DCS installed recently, due to some conflicts, I decided to do a quick format of my SSD and restore back to an image prior to the install of the Beta and Alpha so I could start fresh again. Before I did that, I went through the deactivation process and it clearly stated that everything was deactivated, then I did the format and fresh install. wouldn't you know it,, it ate another activation on the Hawk and the NTTR map. I don't really care that much, but I know my A-10C is only down to 1 Activation, and for the amount of times I have reformatted to say resolve an issue with Win 10 or what ever, I get annoyed with loosing activations even though I went through the process of reading the instructions and still not getting it to work as stated. I'm not spending any more hours trying to find out why, Just a bit annoyed, I see a lot of discussion about this topic, I'm just throwing my 2 cents in.

• 8 months later...

I myself have lost several activations. Due to viral infections, and not being able to make heads nor tails of the de-activations, and re-activations. My Black Shark 2 has but 1 activation left, as well as others having this problem the BS 2 is the only one that comes to mind atm. I have contacted ED about this and they have tried to explain it to me. However in an email it is like reading it here, and makes no sense to me. I think they should have like a tutorial on youtube, or something like that... Something that shows you step by step how to. I had 2 cents too.

• 5 months later...

I am trying to deactivate all my modules (Jesus ED, it it that hard to have a simple deactivation process).

So using the individual protect exe files for each module I have received automatic deactivation failed and that I cannot reactivate because deactivation has not been registered on the activation server.

Every single module stated the activation server could not be reached but the module is now deactivated and if I reactivate I loose an activation code.

Now I have to email their support 17 times with individual activation issues for every single module.

I have not looked into this to see if there have been any improvements myself since I had many issues just over a year ago, but i will be upgrading my motherboard/CPU & ram in a couple of months,,, cant wait for the migraines! Good luck,,,,