Bonus system complaint

tromac2010

I've been a long time customer of Eagle Dynamics ever since the Beta of DCS A-10C and FC2 and I have purchased every single aircraft from both ED and their partners (except the Mig-15 which I will purchase, in fact was about to purchase just then). I love the idea behind the bonus system and thank ED for implementing it but it is frustrating that I have $44 in my account and can only use a tiny portion of that balance. I was about to buy the Mig-15 and the new Su-27 campaign but it only allows me to use a meager $3 from my account, meaning the cost for me was going to be nearly $60 AUD. I decided I had best not as we have to repair our car and I don't feel like facing the wrath of my wife.

It would be nice to see the amount you can use increased as there is no way that we the dedicated customers of ED will ever be able to use the money that is in the account when only allowed to allocate such a small portion. Please take this into consideration and allow your customers to actually use the reward you are giving us for our dedication to you.

Sincerely,

Troy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a reward system not a gift and complaint was probably the wrong word to use. But do you not see that we will never use the bonus given when only able to use such a small portion? I'd rather they just don't give us as much of a bonus as it serves no point.

Feel free to attack me for having an opinion. As I said in my post I love the idea and I thank ED.

$3 reduction from $60, you should learn math!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

$3 reduction from $60, you should learn math!

It's $3 from $10 because the Mig-15 did not qualify for the bonus system discount in the first place, either because of the Pre-Purchase status or because it is already discounted.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The 3 $ discount are taken from the 10 $ for the Su-27 campaign.

The bonus system does not apply to already discounted products, like the MiG-15 prepurchase. It is already reduced from 50 $ to 40 $ or in other words by 20 %.

If you wait until it is sold for the regular price (when it is actually released, I suppose?), you may use your bonus and thus get a reduction of 30 % here as well, if the discount is too little for you atm.

Yes, it is hard to spend those bonus $ at times, as ED does so many sales over the course of a year (which savings are often vastly larger than what one coud make by applying the bonus $). It's a pitty, I know. ;o)

edit:

for the record, I too(?) think that the bonus system is a bit pointless and never really understood why ED implemented it. But it was their decision to offer us additional opportunities to save some bucks from time to time - how could I then complain? IF I had something to say here, I would instead rather get rid of it. And of most of the sales. Heh, yeah, but I am aware that this might be a bin unpopular stance.

Edited by Flagrum

Yeah I get that :)

Thanks for dropping the tone back Flagrum, I wasn't being ungrateful. It's just frustrating having $44 credit in an account that I can't use and most likely will never get to use. Especially as I want to pick both of those up now but having just broken my wife's new 4WD on the sand dunes I will get killed if I spent any money. I think it is a perception issue in that I see money there and think why can't I use the bonus as I see fit, maybe a points system would have been better. Heck even saying that 1 point is 1 dollar but you can only use x number per purchase.

Even with the pre-purchases from partners I'd like to be able to use it there, if it represents money that is.

Just wishful thinking I don't expect ED to change the system. I'm just frustrated and wanting to pick them up :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Useless system

Hi All,

I've been a lurker for the last year, too many things to do at home, kids, wife, work..

I have been following the news nearly daily though. Pre-purchased the 39 as soon as I got the news. I have been involved/flying with Eagle products since the Flanker DOS beta came out in '94 or '95. I have bought all versions, some even twice over the years. (Russian and English versions for the collection, or just the full BS2 so i don't have to dance every time I want to re-install it).

I just looked at my personal account on the website. I have spend $546 thru this website alone over the last years. Never spend any "bonus" and I have a current balance of $30. I have really no clue at all how this will benefit me.

Can't use it when a product is available for pre-purchase..

Can't use it in a sale, and when I can use it, it's only for a percentage of the full price..

The bonus system is supposed to benefit loyal customers. But loyal fans will pull out their credit card as soon as something can be bought! If supporters can't afford to buy products at pre-release prices then they'll usually wait for a sale. So any which way you're looking at it, it's useless!! I actually find it a bit insulting.. a bit of an empty present.

While I am very disappointed with this bonus system, I must admit that on other fronts ED is doing right by me. I was a $80 backer for the WW2 kickstarter and ED covered most of the promises made in that campaign. I was also an early buyer for the A10, and here again ED will provide me with the vastly improved NTTR map.

Yeah, same here. And now I even noticed that bonuses expire after some time, which sucks, given that ED doesn't release stuff too often.

My tactic: Using the bonus to buy stuff for family members instead of waiting for the sale. They get their stuff for a cheaper price, like in a sale, but when they want.

Still not ideal. Most of the time I am trying to ignore the bonus completely, since it is really not of good use when you buy almost every module in pre-sale anyway.

Maybe instead of one of the usual flash sales where we see 70% of they can do a Bonus sale where you can save up to 75% off using your bonus money.

The extra 5% would be the gesture to make it worth more than a flash sale to reward heavy spenders once or twice a year.

Heck, I just bought 3 NTTR's. I'd like a little loyalty bonus too... :)

I have friends who won't buy various modules, but if there are sales or I could spend some of my $107 bonus on steep discounts I'll buy them again and give them away so I can hopefully get them to fly them. You win with a sale you won't otherwise get and I get more flying options with friends...

Edited by xaoslaad

Will agree, that the current bonus system is pretty much a complete waste of time. I honestly have no idea why ED even bothered to implement it. On one hand its apparently there to thank loyal customers for their support, and yet there is absolutely nothing to use it on.

Loyal customers tend to purchase modules when they come out as they are loyal in the first place, I've purchased every module that has come out Pre Order since A10 and I even jumped through God knows how many hoops to import BS from Russia, so I could use it months before it was avalible over here, as I was that impressed with DCS.

Every other Bonus system allows you to use any bonuses earned however you want. Now while I appreciate we do generally get a 20% discount on Pre Orders, which does reduce the cost, couldn't we have a system that IF you also wanted to use bonus credits then the price is then full price. That way the customer dosnt get 2 discounts.

I currently have $86 that runs out in 2016, pretty sure I've already lost a similar amount after it expired as I couldn't use it.

Surely IF ED has taken the time and effort to produce a bonus system such as this, it would make sense that the system is usable.

Yes it may mean from time to time loyal customers get a free aircraft, but to be honest, if they have spent the amount of money that is required to hit those such of levels anyway, what's the issue.

I know it will never change, but please, either make a usable system or scrap the entire bonus system, either would be better than the current frustration.

I will continue to support ED by purchasing every module released even for aircraft I don't fly, since I truely believe in what they are doing and think the future is very very exciting, but if I have bonuses sat on my account, I would like to be able to spend them the same way as all my other bonus systems. I.E. How I like.

Cowboy10uk

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: