Campaigns and Missions

DWaldie

I reckon by the end of next week I will have all the training missions finally understood, with the help of lots of Youtube help! I will then try an embark on either some simple missions or jump into a campaign. Before doing this I've just realised I haven't come across an online resource for them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Stop, take a deep breath, and RTFM!

The A-10C manual may seem like dry reading at first, but once you have the self discipline to sit and read it you'll find it's chocked full of tasty technical and tactical goodness.

The fact is, you have two options:

RTFM - 80% within 30 days - Spend a couple of days to read the manual. You don't have to memorize it. You should just scan it so you'll have the info in your head to connect the dots.. and it will be a much more useful reference in the future.

Click Learn/Vids/Ask People - 60% within 180 days - Click learning is possible in a lot of games and sims these days.. this is not one of them. There are extremely useful aspects of the aircraft sensors and capabilities that people don't generally discuss. You may never find that critical component, that for you, makes you effective in every sortie you fly.

I've read the manual several times and will probably do it again.. it's really good. I'm confident that it's the reason why my sorties contain no hesitation.. only devastation.

This has been a public service announcement by the RTFM Society of Aviation Competence. No chickens were harmed in the making of this add.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I bought this 12 months ago and didn't have the time to dedicate so it just sat there. In the Steam sale I bought FC3 and proceeded to start the training missions for the A10a. Only after a few hours did I realise I was re-doing the A10c ones again. I've stuck with it and it is making much more sense.

Years ago I had Falcon 4 (and all the FreeFalcon upgrades) and became pretty competent. So, I guess I'll stick with this one, it's no more difficult. Pity Youtube wasn't so good ten years ago! I will resist the urge to splash out on £200 for a set of sticks. That's guitar buying territory :)

Now to seek advice on another few issues.

Not to clutter your thread but we have a dedicated thread for the A-10C Qualification Campaigns here.

If you have any problems email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com or post to the thread above.

Pretty faultless. Quick response and quick install. It does default to C: drive which might be an issue if you use steam. This is going to occupy my time for some months. All for less than £2.40.

I'm a happy man :thumbup:

So pretty good then? I too was considering buying this as well.

DrDetroit

I think the only issue is the complexity of the title. It will take me a good while before I'm even competent enough to start the training. From the tinkering I've had thus far, it's like the training that came with the sim but much more detailed and with some printed information. Definitely worth the outlay even though it was £3.40 not £2.40 as I mentioned

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd revive this thread, as not everyone is checking the "Missions and Campaigns" section of the forum regularly, and I have just recently uploaded a full version of the "Enemy Within" campaign. Fully voiced over (430+ voiceovers done by around 20 people), story driven, realistic (as much as possible). The link can be found in my signature. Enjoy!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png