Setting initial zoom level (A10)

erjdriver

if you want LUA changes, its better to contact PeterP. He does all these tricks.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Check his threads I'm sure he covered it before.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

How do I contact him?

Thanks blooze - think your method will assign a zoom view to a snapview button - i.e. i have to press a button to get that view.

I would prefer it to be default on startup.

Thanks.

When you first enter the pit you will be in default F1 view. If you zoom to your liking then save that view with RALT+NUM0 it should save it as your default F1 view with no need to press a snap button. Try it and see.

I'm trying to config my A10C setup to set a certain zoom level

on start up.

Zoom in a little bit closer to the hud.

Thanks.

Are you using the HOTAS Warthog? If so, I have a trick for you..

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Bind the zoom function to the friction slider (the one right of the right throttle) and set the axis like this

With a saturation of 85 or 90, depending on personal taste. Now when you get into the pit, just move the slider and put it back into the idle detent position. It's hard to write down the exact effect, but if you go into the axis tuning dialog window and move the slider, you'll see what it does.

EDIT:

Damn text editor doesn't let me draw my ASCII stuff. Stand by..

EDIT 2:

Check "slider"

Deadzone: 0

X saturation: 85 or 90

Y saturation: 100

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

• 8 months later...
When you first enter the pit you will be in default F1 view. If you zoom to your liking then save that view with RALT+NUM0 it should save it as your default F1 view with no need to press a snap button. Try it and see.

Hi Blooze!

I use Track IR, and game Zoom is set to TIR axis Z. Upon entering cockpit I pause it, set the zoom level I want (Numpad / , *), press RAlt+Num0 to save it (in game under Misc options "User save" enabled). But when I unpause TIR, and center it with a button, it goes back to "it's own" default, and with active TIR, I can not change zoom presing Numpad / and *. Looks like it would be hard coded, or what is it?

Hi Blooze!

I use Track IR, and game Zoom is set to TIR axis Z. Upon entering cockpit I pause it, set the zoom level I want (Numpad / , *), press RAlt+Num0 to save it (in game under Misc options "User save" enabled). But when I unpause TIR, and center it with a button, it goes back to "it's own" default, and with active TIR, I can not change zoom presing Numpad / and *. Looks like it would be hard coded, or what is it?

Set the zoom level and body position you want BEFORE you pause TIR, not after. Only pause TIR after everything looks like you want then RHTALT+0. You can go to your saved games/dcs world/config folder and delete the view folder to reset to default views if needed.

Set the zoom level and body position you want BEFORE you pause TIR, not after. Only pause TIR after everything looks like you want then RHTALT+0. You can go to your saved games/dcs world/config folder and delete the view folder to reset to default views if needed.

Yeehah, deleting view as mentioned made it! Thanks a lot!