DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

The Exocet is a French Missile.

Ok, I'll be more specific: I have no clue on what Razbam want to do for Mirage 2000 in DCS.

I was in beta team with M2M (beta is now closed).

What I'm telling is:

- at my understanding the project is Mirage 2000 C RDI = French Air Force

- French Air Force don't use AM39, and never used it (French Navy mission).

Mirage 2000 C RDI weapon load is in the same class as MiG 29A.

- 2x30mm gun

- Fox 1

- Fox 2

- slim and high drag 500lbs bombs

- 68mm rockets

+ GBU-12 for buddy lasing (twin rack on center line pylon) = late addition

But Mirage 2000 comes with better auto pilot, navigation system, integrated countermeasure, fly by wire...

Export version have broader weapon loads (but RDM radar).

Depending on country:

- laser targeting pod (India, UAE)

- Hakim weapon system (UAE)http://sistemasdearmas.com.br/pgm/hakim.html

- Harold recon system (UAE)

- Beluga cluster bomb (India)

- AM39 (Greece)

AS37 Martel/ Armat is not realistic on Mirage 2000. Even if you can find some pictures (Egypt Mirage 2000 EM) It was just for marketing purpose. No country ordered it for their Mirage 2000.

France used AS37 on Jaguar until missile retirement.

I'm just telling you how it is.

I have no problem with fun/game play bonus if it comes.

But there would be a lot to do to make a good Mirage 2000 C RDI, with plenty of AA radar mode (BVR and close combat), HOTAS and navigation system. Even limited AG is different from what you know up to now.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the French variant not carry cluster bombs? Seems odd that it could carry other free fall bombs but not clusters?

At that time it was a Jaguar mission. And Jaguar used it in Irak in 1991 on Al Jaber raid.

The French cluster bomb, the BLG-66 Belouga needed to be dropped by overflying the target. It would have been a waist to use the best fighter in FAF inventory to carry out this mission. At the beginning AG was very secondary mission, conducted with LRF-4 rocket and 250kg bombs.

But for your pleasure, Mirage 2000H dropping Belouga:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

At that time it was a Jaguar mission. And Jaguar used it in Irak in 1991 on Al Jaber raid.

The French cluster bomb, the BLG-66 Belouga needed to be dropped by overflying the target. It would have been a waist to use the best fighter in FAF inventory to carry out this mission. At the beginning AG was very secondary mission, conducted with LRF-4 rocket and 250kg bombs.

But for your pleasure, Mirage 2000H dropping Belouga:

that's a big fireball for a cluster bomb. are you sure that is the Belouga?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

that's a big fireball for a cluster bomb. are you sure that is the Belouga?

Yes, I'm 100% sure that the bombs dropped are BLG 66 Belouga.

But the video looks like fire power demonstration, for politics & press.

SO I don't know what they were bombing...anything is possible (fuel barrel, commanded explosion from the ground, and there is a cut in the video so maybe some kind off "Bollywood" special effect :D).

Mirage fanatic !

• 4 weeks later...

There's been a big lack of news lately with the Mirage 2000 for DCS World project.

I cough a glimpse on Razbam's facebook page, where they say will try to finish the A-A radar soon, but still nothing is coming out to the public.

I'm growing concerns that this project is on hold right now, can we have some official statement from the devs please?

There's been a big lack of news lately with the Mirage 2000 for DCS World project.

I cough a glimpse on Razbam's facebook page, where they say will try to finish the A-A radar soon, but still nothing is coming out to the public.

I'm growing concerns that this project is on hold right now, can we have some official statement from the devs please?

For the most part the bright sexy things like exterior models and cockpits look done. Most of what's left is the crunchy bits, coding of systems and the like. That sort of under the hood work is time consuming, and singularly unflashy. It's very unsurprising that they haven't made any news about it as getting the lights to turn on when certain systems do the right thing, while essential, is not great news. Patience. If the project goes on hold they'll tell us, like they did when they had a stoppage of work a few months ago due to personal problems.

With that said, hearing that the Radar is nearing completion is great news, and likely one of the most difficult parts of the module. I look forward to a wonderful post explaining and demonstrating it when they've finished.

The project is not on hold. We haven't posted anything because we are still working on the radar. A major hurdle was just overcome and work still needs to be done.

If it were on hold, we will inform you.

Please be patient. Unfortunately our father's illness, although overcome, does sometimes require our attention and force pauses on the development.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Now, now, no need to start scaremongering,

They haven't said anything about cancelling the project, but modelling systems is complicated (especially with hte A2G radar, they have to model that from scratch) so patience young Padawan. :)

Unrelated to the above,

Since our MIrage will get the Martell and Excocet, does anybody have an idea what the effective range is on those things?

Edited by Fer_Fer

Now, now, no need to start scaremongering,

They haven't said anything about cancelling the project, but modelling systems is complicated (especially with hte A2G radar, they have to model that from scratch) so patience young Padawan. :)

Unrelated to the above,

Since our MIrage will get the Martell and Excocet, does anybody have an idea what the effective range is on those things?

The version they are going is the Mirage 2000C which doesn't have air to ground radar. I'm not sure but I think that is does have radar that can be used to detect ships for Exocet guidance but I suspect that it is not as complicated the more sophisticated air to surface radar like that of the F/A-18C.

Just to indicate that we are working on the M2000C:

11737838_855725217847451_7086421749893759706_n.jpg?oh=ee8e95cbef5b7c98ffc370e8e56e67f7&oe=56181A3F

This is me testing the radar functionality.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

What is this stick? :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

More radar WiP photos:

11046221_856197004466939_5364063150509709171_o.jpg