Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

Just a question or suggestion:

Since I uploaded the Mig to our website I found a lot interesting additions/modifikations. I'm absolutely clueless if I uploaded the latest files (Model/Template).

So, how about offering the community a package which includes all important and needful things at an up-to-date state (i.e. the .lua-modifikation, actual template, latest version of the model)???

Thx in advance!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question or suggestion:

Since I uploaded the Mig to our website I found a lot interesting additions/modifikations. I'm absolutely clueless if I uploaded the latest files (Model/Template).

So, how about offering the community a package which includes all important and needful things at an up-to-date state (i.e. the .lua-modifikation, actual template, latest version of the model)???

Thx in advance!

I second that :thumbup:

O.k., so is it O.K. for you if I upload it as a package including the aircraft, the template and the .lua-modifikation?

Are their any other things worth to add? Maybe a handful of skins?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I have also made some modifications to this MiG-21 mod... I changed the aircraft slot it uses to russian MiG-29A and cockpit of Su-25A. If you want I can PM you the link to it to download. I have also reduced the payload it can carry to R-60 and fake R-3S (and rockets and bombs) because other missile slot it uses are unrealistic as for example it uses radar active Mica-R as R-3R which is bit way off I think.

No longer active in DCS...

On the Lockonfiles you can find always the newest one. :-)

If I may suggest sourceforge and SVN? Its great for collaborative work and you can always let people download the latest stable and working versions without much hassle or any need to pack files, although you may choose to pack files as well. You can keep track of versions and in case of any problems revert your work in a sec. That also enables users to choose older versions (for comparison or alike).

I used it for some projects of mine and it is very simple to work with. I can help you setting up the SVN.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

KUKY:

Napravio si gresku u skinu SFRJ mig-a, Rondela je na levom krilu a evidencioni broj na desnom, gledano odozgo. Tako je i sa donje strane, ispod rondele ev. broj-levo krilo, a na desnom ispod broja je rondela.

poz.

Edited by yufighter
  • Like 1

KUKY:

Napravio si gresku u skinu SFRJ mig-a, Rondela je na levom krilu a evidencioni broj na desnom, gledano odozgo. Tako je i sa donje strane, ispod rondele ev. broj-levo krilo, a na desnom ispod broja je rondela.

poz.

Znam, to nije slucajna greska nego namjerno srazlogom da ne moram da pravim poseban skin za svaki broj :) Mislio sam da napravim kako treba ali onda framerate ce biti los ako ima par ljudi i svaki ima svoj skin pa sam odlucio da napravim ovako... Pitao sam Beczl ako bude jos radio na modelu na ako moze napravi extra pozicija za te brojeve na desnom krilu, i za broj na repu.

EDIT: Translation:

What yufighter has said is that I made a mistake in skin for former Yugoslavian MiG-21 skin, because I have placed roundels on both side of the wings (left/right) on top and underside of the wing, where actually the roundel should only be on left hand side of the wing (top/and underside). Reason I did this and I am well aware of this when I made the skin, is because I did not want to have separate skin for every aircraft numbers as aircraft number on the model is only placed on the front side fuselage but should be on real SFRJ MiG-21 on right hand side of the wing and on the tail section.

So I opted for using roundels on both side as better (but less realistic) option becase long time ago when I made skins for MiG-29A's where I had propper numbering for each skin and separate skin had to be done for different aircraft, when I had 3-4 MiG-29's in flight each having its own skin, my framerate was lower and noticeable... there's lot of textures to be loaded for high resolution skins I tell ya' ;)

Edited by Kuky

Hi.

Is there any possibility to make Bis to read MiG-29A cockpit instead of Su-27?

Yufighter told me one way to do this but then I got MiG-29 cockpit in Su-27 plane.

Thanx.

Fly, on your way, like an eagle,

Fly as high as the sun,

On your wings, like an eagle,

Fly and touch the sun.

make Kabina-Mig-29.cmd copy/paste and rename them Kabina-Su-27.cmd ;)

Onda dobijem kabinu od 29ke u 27ci?!

Translation:

Than I get MiG-29 cockpit in Su-27 plane?!

Fly, on your way, like an eagle,

Fly as high as the sun,

On your wings, like an eagle,

Fly and touch the sun.

^^^

yup... what you need to do if you want the MiG-21 model.. copy/paste your whole LockOn folder, give it some different name, then apply the MiG-21 mod to the copied... this way you get MiG-21 mod on one install and regular install for online play etc.

Don't forget this is a mod and has to use either a flyable slot or if it uses F-16A slot and you want MiG-29A cockpit then you have to do it this way

Edited by Kuky

• 1 month later...

hi guys,...

i have FC for some time,...btw beczl... an outstanding job, very cool.

But i have a problem. i got the bot, i installed but i can't find the mig-21 in the game...i ca't run into in,... where is it?

i checked all the planes...yet nothing,..i jut managet to see the mig21 in mission editor and i can't fly with it and have fun:(((,.... i used modman 7 to install the mod, ...please can anybody help me?

please anyone... tell me how to make it work,... steps how to install it,..or,..anything pls..

thanks ;)

Try this, it's my own version of the MiG-21 Mod but beware it uses MiG-29A slot, Su-25A cockpit, does not have skins from beczl and has limited A2A weapons (because some weapons beczl used are actually active radar missiles and I think they don't fit for MiG-21)

DOWNLOAD FILE HERE

remember, make copy of whole LockOn install folder, then extract and override into copied folder.

Also Lockon/Config/Graphics.cfg file should also have this line:

TextureCollections

{

highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

common = ".\\bazar\\world\\MiG-21BIS_BMP.cdds";

Edited by Kuky