ANNOUNCEMENT - DCS: MiG-21bis

Cobra847

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've donated for support on the project as well,while i understand you all had internal issues of the sorts,i agree with Kuky that it has left a sour taste on us.

I was under the impression well the whole time the project was Beczl's Idea from the start didn't think it was 50/50 type deal.Just for the fact that the donation's site was up and running and he was very active in it including all the updates etc etc etc. Anyway, All that aside you gents keep up the good the work and look forward to flying it when its ready. Also did you all come up with the name From the Flying Lethernecks? :P

P.S. I can't help but feel that Becz's owes us some small explanation of sorts but that's just me.

About what Kuky brought up - what happened with the indiegogo-funds if they were not invested in the work you guys (or at least Dolphin887) did in the past? I mean, it´s very nice of you to honor the initial trust of supporters, but what the hell?! Where my money at?
Anybody knows a lawyer in Hungary for a class action suit against Beczl? I don't need my money, I want that money to be transferred to the new team. So, if the lawyer takes half of it, the new team could at least get something.
  • Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

P.S. I can't help but feel that Becz's owes us some small explanation of sorts but that's just me.

Agreed. I think it's fair to even ask for one. Considering he was the one responsible for the IndieGogo campaign.

...and OMG what's with that new stuido name:helpsmilie: :megalol:

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

Cobra, I am not an IndieGoGo backer :doh: but I really appreciate your announcement, I entered DCS forums almost every day looking for it.

My real wish is the MIG can be delivered soon and we can rain fire over that western planes butts :joystick:

I wish you luck and success in this new phase,

Said that, cannot wait for you to take my money!! :thumbup:

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

I think all the speculation and guessing ended up turning into a pretty accurate picture of what really happened then? :D

I don't really care if Beczl took the indiegogo money and rode into the sunset with it as long as it results in my getting what I paid for and it looks like it will. No problems on that front.

Thanks you for finally coming clean about what's been going on and providing an official announcement at long last Cobra, I appreciate that none of this is your fault or anyone else's on the team really but that circumstances dictate what you can and can't do.

Oh ..... don't be so ****ing stupid . You don't even know what happened . Best be quite before you get involved in liable .

Jesus ..... some people !!! :doh:

You are right, I don't know what happened. $15144 US dollars is missing and we know the name and address of a person who took the money. What do you suggest?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thank you for your announcement,

I am sure that you will receive hundreds of pms and emails etc so although I am going to make a few of my concerns known I do not expect a reply.

It is to your credit that you have decided to continue the project without beczl's input however I want to know about his initial contribution, by your own admission he contributed a minimum of what 15% of the project? Presumably you have an agreement with him to use his work or you are re-writing it?

What is the legal entity behind the product?

Where is the liability held?

Which legal entity is responsible for the support and upkeep of the product?

Also where is it based and under which countries jurisdiction?

I find it concerning that you appear to have no future plans now that you have all but ruled out the Mig23?

Going forward the information that you actually provide in your announcement amounts to "We are still here, we will still do Mig21 and we will honor where possible the indie pledges"

Also I assume that regardless of the internal issues, resolved or not, the Mig will be delayed until 1.2.8 is out?

I await to be impressed with your progress but what it amounts to at the moment leaves some pretty major areas for concern, especially as you are 100% relying on new sales if what you say about having received none of the funds is true. As a potential new customer I am concerned to say the least.

Hopefully my concerns are not justified

Pman

Another +1 to Kuky's post

It does though leave a bad taste in that having backed on Indegogo that one of the team may have not been entirely honest with the rest of the team.

I do remember that during the crowd funding campaign that there was a hold put on the money donated and that the monies were transferred to a 3rd party, this now makes me wonder what was really going on even back then.

Thank you Cobra, Rudel, Dolphin, and all of the team and supporters for finding a way forward and getting it a step closer to release.

Thank you also for offering to honour the promises made by Beczl, but that makes me feel uncomfortable in that you are having to bail him out.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Indeed Kuky, I will certainly purchase the module again upon it's completion, even though I already backed the funding campaign. Flight sim developers in the modern world deserve to be supported :)

You are right, I don't know what happened. $15144 US dollars is missing and we know the name and address of a person who took the money. What do you suggest?

Beeing quiet and letting the team do it's work?
So you two are jumping on him, even though the New team has cleary stated.They don't even have the money from the contribution themselves its messed up and in Hajduk's defense his concern is quite legitimate.I would love the money to get transferred to the new team in the end its only fair.

Can I get a refund for my IndieGoGo contribution?

This is not our responsibility or decision.

We will honor your contribution to its' fullest extent at our own cost.

We do not have any of the money contributed via the IndieGoGo campaign

• Like 1

Thank you also for offering to honour the promises made by Beczl, but that makes me feel uncomfortable in that you are having to bail him out.
+ 1

Indeed nice to see the project having new life blown in. Good luck.

A quick search of Indiegogo policy suggests directing refunds at the project owner on Indiegogo when goals are met and the final transfer to campaign holder has taken place.

However, 15k doesn't sound like allot to me for this kind of product with a team. It might just cover the business licences for the software used and a piece of hardware here and there.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

So you two are jumping on him, even though the New team has cleary stated.They don't even have the money from the contribution themselves its messed up and in Hajduk's defense his concern is quite legitimate.I would love the money to get transferred to the new team in the end its only fair.

I would even consider buying the module again from the "new" team, but only if in some way (and I´m not saying that it´s their primary responsability) this whole issue has been resolved and made transparent to the initial backers. He asked the right question: What happened there with our money? Someone should be able to answer this question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Anybody knows a lawyer in Hungary for a class action suit against Beczl? I don't need my money, I want that money to be transferred to the new team. So, if the lawyer takes half of it, the new team could at least get something.
To do such a thing would not only be uninformed, but go against the wishes of Leatherneck Simulations. If they had the grounds to sue and wanted to, they would.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We should not assume the policeman role for ourselves. The team had some issues, they addressed and solve them internally and while Beczl amiable resign then we have only to wish good luck to the new team and Beczl also. (always the truth have multiple faces)

Backers will receive their own goods according with their funding and this is something the new team already assumed.

From my point of view all issues are solved and we as community will encounter just a slight delay. Let's stop here throwing bad thoughts and let's look forward to the next big update 1.2.8... maybe Mig21 will be there too, along with Hawk and other goods.

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 1

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

We should not assume the policeman role for ourselves. The team had some issues, they addressed and solve them internally and while Beczl amiable resign then we have only to wish good luck to the new team.

Backers will receive their own goods according with their funding and this is something the new team already assumed.

From my point of view all issues are solved and we as community will encounter just a slight delay. Let's stop here throwing bad thoughts and let's look forward to the next big update 1.2.8... maybe Mig21 will be there too, along with Hawk and other goods.

Its not the issue of bad thoughts or anything like that I can't wait for the hawk and the 21 i've already backed the 21 project.We're talking over a total of 15 grand maybe more that this team won't be able to get their hands on. I know they say form their own cost will cover the backers and I totally understand that! These guys are working their arse's (Pardon me) off. It just doesn't sit well that its coming from their own pockets even though the donators put money into this i just want it to be fair is all.