DCS WWII: Europe 1944

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mh i dont mean a ETA for the vid, but the sim itself... :)

As far as an ETA on DCS: WWII, I wouldn't bother asking for one this early, it was just announced today for goodness sake.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

So what will then actually be the difference between WWII and World?

yeah, this the question

i dont understand - at this point - why you make a new world for WWII stuffs ?

you can divide this in multiplayer and in singleplayer as well without a new world

i was happy with one world - all modules go in this world

why you not make the new world just as a new map ? :dunno:

sign-pic4.jpg

So what will then actually be the difference between WWII and World?

Time period. We figured it'd be a little weird to have A-10C strafing Panzers over Calais, or B-17s bombing modern-day Crimea.

Yeah I thought the whole idea of world was to have one platform, that continually builds upon itself. Worlds not that old and already its being cut into parts and pieces.

Hopefully, AI advances and graphic advances are shared. Again the pure benefit of a single platform is the common advancement of all things connected to it.

It is a shared platform. There really isn't two separate branches of it from a development point of view, just end-user.

cant wait for the kickstarter video...does a ETA already exist?

September 5th. We have a whole series of videos, interviews, etc.

:thumbup:Ok I'm trying to stay calm he but did he say a de haviland mosquito...

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

oh...so is it a new EDGE feature ?

another world ?

i am not too happy with that :(

I'm Guessing It'll be a Spin-Off Application that will run under it's own Executables, and you can Move/Install your Modules in either one.

ie We'll Have DCSWorld, 1.3.1 and DCSWWII 1.3.1 in separate folders.

*(Version numbers are random examples and not reflective of actual expected version numbers, etc etc)

It seems more like an effort to keep WWII Items in a WWII Environment and Modern Day Stuff in it's own,

So you dont launch a WWII Mission against MIG-29s and Modern SAM Sites.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Time period. We figured it'd be a little weird to have A-10C strafing Panzers over Calais, or B-17s bombing modern-day Crimea.

It is a shared platform. There really isn't two separate branches of it from a development point of view, just end-user.

September 5th. We have a whole series of videos, interviews, etc.

:thumbup:great luthier!i hope this time you dont show us banjo music! :)

If modules can be used with both cores, the destinction seems redundant from where i'm standing. Am i missing something?

I think it's a great way to reduce game size and therefore load times. DCS World for modern stuff and DCS WW2 for older stuff.

The games will need to use different maps, objects, vehicles, planes etc..

mh i dont mean a ETA for the vid, but the sim itself... :)

I would imagine that will depend on the success of the Kickstarter.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Can't wait for more info on the initial WWII terrain. One big map? Or a bunch of mid sized maps? Either way, awesome! :D

We'll see how well we do with kickstarter. Core game will have one large Normandy terrain. If we hit stretch goals, we'll have more maps.

I would imagine that will depend on the success of the Kickstarter.

Right. Less than a year from now, or a bit more time if we hit stretch goals.

• Like 1

I'm Guessing It'll be a Spin-Off Application that will run under it's own Executables, and you can Move/Install your Modules in either one.

*(Version numbers are random examples and not reflective of actual expected version numbers, etc etc)

In other words, double the disk space. Wasn't reducing disk footprint one of the advantages of World?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm still not getting it. :)

If content for one can be used for the other, what you describe is exactly what one can achieve (i thought it was up to the mission maker to make his mission as realistic or unrealistic as he wishes). The distinction between the two seems solely artificial from where i'm standing now. I mean, there must be something that WWII offers compared to World, else there would be no need to make them separate entities. What am i missing? :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Ohhh right. I think I can get behind the idea. I think it would probably be better to have the existing DCS world client be able to switch between WWII and modern 'modes' but two installs would work just as well I think.

I'll see where this is going.

Word of advice though, don't aim too highly on the kickstarter, even with all the will in the world you aren't going to be breaking any records, you guys probably know that.

Good luck Ilya.

[...]

Once DCS World grows to have a lot more modern aircraft, and DCS WWII will have more vintage warbirds, it's best to have them separate by default. We think.

Yet I think about everyone will want to have every module available within one(both) base frame(s), thus plugging every module into both world.

What in the end leaves the decision to what map(s) one wants to fly on and accordingly one of the two .exe to launch.

What then again would make plugging it into one base frame right away, the more user friendly option.

No idea about all the things that went into the decision though.

No offense, just what runs through my head these minutes!

Greetings

MadCat

Edited by -=MadCat=-

We thought long and hard about this. We figured that it's better to have two environments in the long run, otherwise we'll have a really weird jumble.

Once DCS World grows to have a lot more modern aircraft, and DCS WWII will have more vintage warbirds, it's best to have them separate by default. We think.

While I am disappointed by this, I can understand that it will make it less confusing for players, and possibly easier for development. I would have preferred checkboxes to filter by era, but as long as I can use modules from either environment in the other, then I am happy. Thanks for the quick response, and I look forward to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In other words, double the disk space. Wasn't reducing disk footprint one of the advantages of World?

2TB WD Caviar Black

;)

It's probably not a major issue for most fans; at least less of an issue than constantly getting your suspension of disbelief jolted by out-of-place objects for the time period.

I wouldn't put DCS on a mechanical drive if you paid me.

It seems more like an effort to keep WWII Items in a WWII Environment and Modern Day Stuff in it's own,

So you dont launch a WWII Mission against MIG-29s and Modern SAM Sites.

ok guys, i got your points (Wags, Luthier, Skate)

but i think it should not be a problem to keep all modules in one world only - this all about mission and map design/usage

a good mission designer wont put both A-10 and B-17 in one mission

however it would be good the fly over europe in an A-10

ok i hope we will see soon how will it work :thumbup:

sign-pic4.jpg

The Mustang and the Dora will be a part of the initial release.

DCS WWII will be its own product however. It will not be a DCS World plugin, but an entirely new environment. Other products will be mutually compatible, so you'll be able to plug an A-10 into DCS WWII if you so choose, or a B-17 into DCW World.

Just gotta say, I think this sounds really good! :) I love playing with scenarios using equipment that was not meant for it (a Hornet in a WWII environment would be a fun experiment!).

For that matter, I'm really looking forward to the pure WWII environment too. Thanks to everyone involved for all your hard work! :thumbup:

--NoJoe

Im sure ill be supporting the kickstarter.

I really like the DCS world concept with shared graphics/updates/autoupdater etc so I dont really understand how planes can be interchanged but the worlds are separated?

Good luck though! Look forward to EDGE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Normandy terrain Western Europe it's a perfect choice this Is more than I could have hoped for I cant wait......

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV