KNEEBOARD Export for 'multimonitorsetup.lua' in all modules - DCS 1.2.4

. I dont see the kneeboard listed in controls in the f15C. Anything you can help me with? I even cleared the keyboard controls and put in the original .lua for keyboard.

Thanks

Check again that you really use the default one - It's definitely there and working. It must be just a simple 'ID-10-T Error' at your end.

How to make 100% sure that you have the default keyboard bindings :

Delete/move this both files :

1. ..\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\base_keyboard_binding.lua

2. ..\DCS World\Mods\aircraft's\Flaming Cliffs\Input\f-15c\keyboard\default.lua.

- and run a DCS-Repair , so you are sure to have the latest file fresh from ED.

Than Follow the "How to reset a 'messed up' profile to default:" youtube instruction >>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42462

but make sure you use this path: ...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft's\Flaming Cliffs\Input\f-15c\keyboard\default.lua.

Edited by PeterP

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Its still working in 1.2.6 for the UH-1 with maps on a second monitor but no custom images or charts. Couldnt get P51 at all :(

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I succed to have a kneeboard viewport exportable on my second screen.

it seems now the Kneeboard is common to all aircraft, so you have to change that file :

Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\ indicator\init.LUA

I changed it by adding PerterP's code (i hope he will excuse me for not having asking him befor but i didn't succed to join him because of his MP blocus :cry:)

you can find it here :

I INSIST : This is just a viewport of the existing kneeboard, no modif of PeterP will be on it !

AND save your original file first !

Init.lua (right clic -> save file as..)

Now you can edit a new MonitorSetup.lua and add something like this :

KNEEBOARD =

{

x = 1931;

y = 9;

width = 600;

height = 900;

}

By !
Edited by Lib

KNEEBOARD_Tablet_Mod_PP_Beta1.8.5_for DCSWORLD_1.2.6

[DOWNLOAD]

Sorry ,There is no proper ReadMe up to now - only install if you know what you are doing!

Some hints:

"KNEEBOARD_BASE_MOD_Su-25T_Ka-50_A10C_Install_first_1.2.6" has to be installed first on DCS World 1.2.6 - The 'Base Mod' already works on the the 2u-25T and also for a possible A-10C and/or Ka-50 install.

After this step install Kneeboard MODS for other Modules only if you have them also installed in DCS World 1.2.6 - or DCS will crash.

Each Plane has a own image folder in:

DCS World\KNEEBOARD_MOD_PeterP\Custom_Charts\

The view-port for the 2D Kneebord is called "KNEEBOARD" and works right now for all modules ( it will be separated again in a later release).

And I added a second Kneeboard for the Co-Pilot in the Huey. :

Screen_130913_205525_zpsfda48351.jpg

Note that the Waypoints on the map are right now only visible on the Pilot-kneeboard. They are missing in the Co-Pilot Kneebord

EDIT:

New version 'Beta 1.8.5' is up !

Now the kneeboard for the Mi-8MT is working - I placed it on the center console - so you can see and zoom in from all cockpit seats :

Screen_130921_122508_zpsf6a5eaf8.jpg

Here is some content for the Mi-8 Kneeboard :

Mi-8MTV2 QuickStart aid in the Kneeboard

QuickStartGuideforKneeboard_zpseb1d0787.jpg

Edited by PeterP

The ipad shape for mi-8 doesn't work.

Sure something has slipped through my fingers... Made a hasty edit yesterday and also mixed up two times the files while uploading.... ;)

@All

When you think you have found a bug please also provide a Screen-shot and maybe a track - so I can see what you are talking about . And/or describe it more detailed , so I don't have to guess or ask what exactly you are talking about.

A simple "doesn't work" doesn't cut it and leaves more questions as answers. ;)

Help me to help you! :)

Will tomorrow have again time to fiddle around with it , and when I have already some pointers at what exactly to look at would help me immense to save some time.

What I'm most interested ATM:

I don't have the 'standalone' A-10A and Su-25 , I only own FC3 and made the mods for the new standalone FC3 planes only by examining the code without having the ability to test them.

My Question:

Does 'KNEEBOARD_MOD_for_A-10A_1.2.6' and 'KNEEBOARD_MOD_for_Su-25_1.2.6' work ?

Edited by PeterP

Also i have only one kneepad inside UH-1H cockpit, the pilot one. I think i don´t need any screen to show it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

New version 'Beta 1.8' is up !

Now the kneeboard for the Mi-8MT is working - I placed it on the center console - so you can see and zoom in from all cockpit seats :

Screen_130921_122508_zpsf6a5eaf8.jpg

[DOWNLOAD]

BTW : You need for the Mi-8 1.2.6 a Hot-Fix to let the view work properly in each seat-position:

Mi-8MTV2 Beta 1.2.6 HeadMovment Hot-Fix.rar (7.6 KB)

Edited by PeterP

Thanks Peter, great support as always.

All runs fine except Mi-8. Again default kneeboard shape and position. No central position console no ipad shape.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks Peter, great support as always.

All runs fine except Mi-8. Again default kneeboard shape and position. No central position console no ipad shape.

I deeply apologize ! I mixed up (again) one important file wile putting the download together.

How to fix the Mi-8 kneeboard :

A) Navigate (while version Beta 1.8 is installed ) to

...\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\init.lua

and edit line #7 from

or aircraft == 'Mi-8MTV2'

to

or aircraft == 'Mi-8MT'

or

B) simply download Beta 1.8.5 - this version includes the fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience .

What I'm most interested ATM:

I don't have the 'standalone' A-10A and Su-25 , I only own FC3 and made the mods for the new standalone FC3 planes only by examining the code without having the ability to test them.

My Question:

Does 'KNEEBOARD_MOD_for_A-10A_1.2.6' and 'KNEEBOARD_MOD_for_Su-25_1.2.6' work ?

I finally got around to installing it and checking my stand alone Su-25 module, it works perfectly. However, I do not have the A-10A module. Thank you very much for updating so quickly!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist