Can someone explain the frame rate counter in VR to me?

jasonstory44

Hi guys. Just curious how the frame rate counter works in VR. In the main menu I get a steady 90 fps. But in game it immediately snaps to 44-45 fps. Yet I am getting very good performance and no ghosting or stuttering. Is it cutting it in half??? It doesn't matter whether I turn the settings all the way down or way up the frame rate stays the same...44-45. I assume the (MIS...) is missed frames? Or is that something else?

Also is there a good reference for settings for NVIDIA Inspector 3D settings?

Just installed a brand new ZOTAC 1080 amp extreme and trying to get it fine tuned.

Oh yea and using a VIVE

Thanks in advance. Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

No one has any insight here? I mean maybe it truly is only giving me 45 fps but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Vive has an always-on VSYNC, which means as soon as you fail to maintain 90fps, it will go into reprojection (45fps). There is nothing in between the two.

The reason it seems smooth is because your head movement is adjusted on 90fps basis still, reprojection will interpolate head views.

PC HW: i5 3770k@4.6GHz | Asus 1080Ti | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO | MSI MPower Z77 Input: MS FFB2 w/ F-16 FLCS grip | CH Pro Throttle | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive DCS modules: F-14, FW-190, P-51, Bf109, UH1, Mi-8, FC3, CE2

Ah....so is there a way to disable the v-sync in Vive? Or am I better off turning v-sync in DCS back on?

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

If you turn on v-sync in DCS then you won't ever get 90fps (or more than 60) in sim. With v-sync off in DCS (and in video card driver setting) the FPS is capped at 90 if it can be maintained (as this is the refresh rate of the displays of the Rift (and probably in Vive also).

For most fluent experience (if your system can run it this high) 90 fps is better (of course) in which case you want v-sync off.

If you want try both and see which one you proffer. For me I think I've come to like leaving v-sync off and allowing rift to run at 90fps where possible (in Nevada map most parts of the man can do it as there are not many object on it. But near cities forget about getting 90, if you can get 45 there consider it good.

No longer active in DCS...

Thanks kuky

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules