AvioDev C-101 Release Announcement

Tango

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this has been stated before and I missed it but will we buy both models in a combo pack or does the EB and CC have their own modules? The former would make more sense to me.
They're a package. From the official announcement ...

"DCS: C-101 will include both the C-101EB and C-101CC models."

I don't think anyone would be interested in keeping SFM. I'd just increase the initial cost by 5$ and make the AFM update free, you'll get less bad press that way. Having both SFM and AFM C-101's would be especially a pain in multiplayer since one of the two is going to have an unfair advantage over the other. Not to mention that flying them in formation will be much more difficult since the flight lead can't give certain power setting/climb angles/etc without different players performing differently. This could also create a problem for training, as what tips applies to SFM may not apply to AFM. I suggest you reconsider your plans.

Also, does Spain use a combination of Metric/Imperial like we do in the US and Canada, or do they use strictly Metric like Russia? As much as I hate the Imperial system and wish it never existed, it's what I'm used to as current pilot-in-training and having Western measurements/acronyms/gauges/etc would make this a little more educational.

Most of the EU is pure metric including spain.

Its just wierd brits like me that use both. Also america doesn't use imperial really! A US gallon is smaller than an impetial gallon by a fair margin!

Edited by Random

I don't think anyone would be interested in keeping SFM. I'd just increase the initial cost by 5$ and make the AFM update free, you'll get less bad press that way. Having both SFM and AFM C-101's would be especially a pain in multiplayer since one of the two is going to have an unfair advantage over the other.

This!

Please Aviodev, no SFM. The sim already has settings for simplified flying.

Ok, I might not understand the business model, but I believe that no one wants to have a SFM. It will just clutter the plane list:P

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. We will certainly consider what you've said.

Regarding the units - the C-101 is a mix. Basically the real thing came down to what the instrument was calibrated for when it was installed!

The C-101 has the following units:

* feet (altimeter, cabin altitude)

* ft/min (vertical speed indicator)

* kts (airspeed indicator)

* lbs (for fuel quantity)

* psi (hydraulic system pressure, oxygen pressure)

Best regards,

Tango.

Outstanding 3D model for the C-101. It´s simply fantastic and another important thing. Perfomance. 4 Aviojets visual in echelon and no fps loose at all. Great Work.

Awaiting 15 january.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Wow id never have imagined they would use imperial at all!

If I am not mistaken, the standard in the western aviation is - for whatever the reason - imperial, independently of the national standard (which is in 99% metric anyway, though).

Hrm, although, while thinking about it, what do the french use in aviation? I know that they sometimes like to do things on their own - like for example when it comes to IT/computer stuff (octet instead of byte? :o)

Hrm, although, while thinking about it, what do the french use in aviation?
Imperial as well.

I know that they sometimes like to do things on their own
We (French) use to say this about the British :D

like for example when it comes to IT/computer stuff (octet instead of byte? :o)
That's because bits & Bytes sounds the same in french :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EVAC : French virtual fighter school on DCS-World

This is DCS, not Flaming Cliffs. Nobody wants to pay for a SFM version. VEAO themselves acknowledged that.

I will gladly pay for the AFM version though: the C-101 looks very interesting.

We don't comment on other developers.

It simply comes down to time and cost. Would you be willing to wait for the C-101 if it meant having AFM at release instead?

Best regards,

Tango.

We don't comment on other developers.

It simply comes down to time and cost. Would you be willing to wait for the C-101 if it meant having AFM at release instead?

Best regards,

Tango.

I think VEAO will never tell (and is understandable) but I think many people hold their cards waiting for EFM. Including me.

IMHO I think this difference SFM AFM/EFM should be minimized as much as possible... if not eliminated.

Look at Belsimteks Huey... It was AFM first but it was a killer... they tuned it.. now is close to reality. Look at 109... now is better but maybe it will get better still (at least the landing is still odd Yo-Yo :P ) But it has AFM.

Look at the Mig-21... It has AFM... but it is possible to still have bugs and simplifications...

So how much time and money would cost to build a Beta-AFM/EFM and forget the SFM?

SFM means "on rails".... means... "no challange"... I and some of my friends... we don't even look at a SFM plane. We look at FC3 planes but that's because of some complex weapons and radar systems...

For trainers... is different. No dual cockpit and SFM looks not very good.

So imho... instead of codding... say 3rd and 4th radio... maybe an alpha AFM would sell more. Su-25T is AFM for 5 years or more I think... seriously...

just my 2 cents.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

İt is now in the DCS .But we cant use. when I take it DCS is crash.

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79

İ7 3820 3,6 Ghz

Zotac NVDIA Geforce GTX 770 GDDR5 2GB AMP Edition X 2 SLI

GSKILL 2133Mhz 16GB ram

Coller Master 2012 EVO Cpu Cooler

Coller Master chasis

High Power 1200W psu

Saitek X55 Flight Controller

TrackIR 4 pro

Hmm - you might need to wait for the next update for it to be fixed (there are some issues with the current CoreMods even here in our dev environment). We have fixed these, and we are sending these updates to ED as fast as we can (we didn't know it was going to be released today).

So imho... instead of codding... say 3rd and 4th radio... maybe an alpha AFM would sell more.

:P We have a separate developer dedicated to AFM programming, so systems development is not impacting AFM development.

It's simply the fact that AFM is not easy to do, and takes a long time. We can't short-cut this process, and we don't want to either; we want the highest quality flight model we can get.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

Best regards,

Tango.

As a compromise, how about you release SFM first and then replace it with AFM? Just like ED has done with F-15 and Su-27; there are no sfm models of those abymore.

This way you could release sooner.