AvioDev C-101 Release Announcement

Tango

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, guys! :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to this aircraft, which adds another two seat trainer and capable attack aircraft to DCS World.

It's a Day-1 purchase for me, so finger crossed ... only 14 days left. :pilotfly:

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congratulations Aviodev!

Happy new year 2015! This one is a must and a day one purchase for me, cannot wait to fly it.

Congratulations to all members in the team, I hope you will get a good amount of money from all of us. You deserved it!

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

And so the knocking begins and the Aviojet hasn't been released yet!

Well done guys for reaching this phase of development. I hope it goes well, and you continue the good work into the future.

Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work.

I think it is a legitimate question, esp. because VEAO announced that they will not continue to release their modules with SFM first anymore.

Hi,

Why are you releasing them with simple flight models first?

It is simply a question of complexity. AFM development is a very different problem to systems development. You may not realize it, but basically every AFM created is re-building the complete physics engine from scratch (they share a common element called a physics integrator) but otherwise each AFM is unique.

As a consequence of this complexity, the development time and effort is astronomical because whilst the actual physics are well understood, and the equations can be found in engineering textbooks, the hard part is making those equations behave like an actual aircraft, not a bunch of numbers. That is where the hard part lies - in testing and tuning everything so it feels "right".

Basically, the very thing people criticize SFM for is where the work in AFM is. It is more complex (and more capable as well) but at the end of the day, they are still equations running on a computer.

From a consumer perspective, I completely understand why you'd want AFM "out the box", but development costs money, and so the compromise is that we do everything else first, make an initial release, then continue to develop the AFM and release it later.

Best regards,

Tango.

I think it is a legitimate question, esp. because VEAO announced that they will not continue to release their modules with SFM first anymore.

I am not sure that they said that. Afaik they only said, they will not offer different purchase and upgrade options for SFM and EFM. That was what confused a lot of people.

I will start off by apologizing as this will most likely sound ignorant and u grateful, but im trying to further understand this module, and probably this aircraft in generaI suppose. Now I currently own every single module released, as well as the ones for sale that havent been yet, and usually it is a case of "can it fly? Then ill buy." Generally i have a specific interest in the craft, its capabilities, and the systems. This has been almost with exception until the HAWK. I liked the idea of a trainer, albeit one i hadnt heard of, simply because, hey it fills a niche, it looks fun, and it doubles as a light attack. While I havent had the chance to fly her yet due to work obligations, im sure itll be a treat.

But then i notice this little honey, and for the first time I find myself hesitant to purchase. I have tried to google this aircraft and compare it to the hawk, but much to no avail. It looks similar, fills pretty much the same role, and likely has the simplistic systems of a trainer. This is the speculation from my untrained eye and lack of knowledge.

My fear is that I will get her and shell be a hangar queen simply because there wont be much new about here compared to her english cousin.

My questions are

1) is the handling and flight parameters different enough to feel or notice?

2) any systems unique to this bird (or just modeled in different ways from previous aircraft.

3) what makes her special (dumb I know but usually theres at least one thing in every plane).

If someone could please enlighten me I would be most grateful, and likely $xx.xx poorer :)

Thanks

CN

I am not sure that they said that. Afaik they only said, they will not offer different purchase and upgrade options for SFM and EFM. That was what confused a lot of people.

I think this is the way for sale and no confusion: beta release (pre-release): sfm, final release: efm. No further upgrade cost

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I am going to have to wait until this one is finished, including EFM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi,

It is simply a question of complexity.

[…]

Best regards,

Tango.

Time and money it is then ;)

Please make another announcement if you need more sales to continue work on the flight model, until then

I am going to have to wait until this one is finished, including EFM.

since I already have a trainer with a SFM.

What am I talking…as soon as the first gameplay videos are released I probably can't resist anyway.

Hi,

My questions are

1) is the handling and flight parameters different enough to feel or notice?

2) any systems unique to this bird (or just modeled in different ways from previous aircraft.

3) what makes her special (dumb I know but usually theres at least one thing in every plane).

1) As far as SFM allows, they are quite different. Hawk has swept wing, C-101 has straight wing. Hawk can go supersonic in a dive, C-101 would probably break up.

2) The systems are VERY different. C-101 has more and greater depth to its systems. Where Hawk is simple in its operation, C-101 has many things you as a pilot can do with them. One example is battery isolation. Hawk just has a battery master ON/OFF whilst C-101 has a battery master and an ability to isolate the batteries independently.

3) Flight director, ability to carry more and a wider array of weapons.

Best regards,

Tango.

Hi,

1) As far as SFM allows, they are quite different. Hawk has swept wing, C-101 has straight wing. Hawk can go supersonic in a dive, C-101 would probably break up.

2) The systems are VERY different. C-101 has more and greater depth to its systems. Where Hawk is simple in its operation, C-101 has many things you as a pilot can do with them. One example is battery isolation. Hawk just has a battery master ON/OFF whilst C-101 has a battery master and an ability to isolate the batteries independently.

3) Flight director, ability to carry more and a wider array of weapons.

Best regards,

Tango.

Hmmm SOLD, TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Seriously though, cant beat customer service like that....

Oh and the plane, I guess,...she uh, you know....alright >.>....

Ok who am I kidding I WANT IT.

Thanks

CN

Great news!

Now only AlphaJet is missing in the list :)

What I don't get right now is about the SFM/AFM thing. Will one be able to upgrade from SFM to AFM once it's out and if so, is it a free upgrade or will there be (if I got it right) 4 different C-101 versions at a later time.

Or more easy: If I want an AFM modelled module of the C-101, should I stay or should I go? :D

Edited by Airway

Genial!

Already waiting for it.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Great news!

Now only AlphaJet is missing in the list :)

+1

Or more easy: If I want an AFM modelled module of the C-101, should I stay or should I go? :D

This indecision's bugging me... :music_whistling:

Best regards,

Tango.

Congrats on release!

Thank you!

Will the Beta come with any C-101 missions/campaign?

Probably not in the initial release (we are still busy working on the aircraft itself - the wait, we hope you will agree, will be worth it) but yes, we will create missions/campaign for them.

Best regards,

Tango.

+1

This indecision's bugging me... :music_whistling:

Best regards,

Tango.

Tango, you are a good programmer but not a good salesman. Try to persuade him of the day-1 purchase :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |