AvioDev C-101 Release Announcement

Tango

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An this is where the money gets important. Perhaps the developers don't have enough money to also implement the EFM?

The devs didn't seem to have communicated that money is an issue. I don't mind supporting Third Party Devs - but with the "DCS" label, an advanced flightmodel should be part of the initial offering -- even in "Beta" state... See Belsimtek and Leatherneck for reference. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

...with the "DCS" label, an advanced flightmodel should be part of the initial offering -- even in "Beta" state... See Belsimtek and Leatherneck for reference. :)

BST have greater resources for AFM dev than any other 3rd party, and any comparisons with LN are bogus - they had more time and Kickstarter funding to get the expertise in place to start development on AFM earlier.

Please do not underestimate the work involved in AFM development - it can be greater than the rest of the aircraft combined.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

... they had more time and Kickstarter funding to get the expertise in place to start development on AFM earlier.

Interesting assumption.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What kind of instruction / training material will be available as of release tomorrow?

At this point, the Quick Start Guide should be available (I'm working like crazy on it :D ). Missions, and the complete flight manual, will follow. Please remember we are releasing a BETA product at this stage.

Best regards,

Tango.

I think that the DCS title, now seems to apply to the clickable cockpit aircraft (if it means anything at all), where before it applied also to the advanced flight model as well. It's confusing with the changes in terminology lately (AFM, EFM, PFM, SFM, etc)

Correct.

Best regards,

Tango.

• ED Team
I think that the DCS title, now seems to apply to the clickable cockpit aircraft (if it means anything at all), where before it applied also to the advanced flight model as well. It's confusing with the changes in terminology lately (AFM, EFM, PFM, SFM, etc)

DCS title applies to being approved and licensed with ED, that the project will be released with the quality standards approved by ED.

All the other terms you mentioned are means to break down the level of modelling being done for a module.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Correct.

Best regards,

Tango.

DCS title applies to being approved and licensed with ED, that the project will be released with the quality standards approved by ED.

All the other terms you mentioned are means to break down the level of modelling being done for a module.

Things that make me go...hmmm.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Things that make me go...hmmm.

The bar has been set very high by BST and ED, so for me personally, I probably would feel the difference in a SFM immediately. I do with certain FC3 aircraft that haven't been upgraded and choose not to fly them because of it.

I know for me then, there is zero point in purchasing a new module without some form of an advanced flight model.

I'm sure there will be people that want/enjoy an aircraft with a SFM, and I guess that's who AvioDev/VEAO is targeting for the BETA release.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Indeed, the Hawk for exemple has a clickable cockpit yet it's not a "DCS: product", it's instead "a produt for DCS" which is a big difference. FC3 are "modules for DCS", A-10C or Huey for exemple are DCS: modules (DCS: A-10C, DCS: Huey etc).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Indeed, the Hawk for exemple has a clickable cockpit yet it's not a "DCS: product", it's instead "a produt for DCS" which is a big difference. FC3 are "modules for DCS", A-10C or Huey for exemple are DCS: modules (DCS: A-10C, DCS: Huey etc).

Correct, I think once they get their EFM going and such that will change, but they need to meet all ED's requirements firsts, least that is my understanding, I would assume that will be the same here.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Correct, I think once they get their EFM going and such that will change, but they need to meet all ED's requirements firsts, least that is my understanding, I would assume that will be the same here.

That's what I hope too, for it mean it will have met other module's standard!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my opinion "optional" AFM is a big no-no. I'm completely fine with SFM beta, but when its out of beta and released EVERYONE has to fly the same , AFM , version. DCS stands for quality and i would like to keep it that way.

On a side note , any info on the steam release , or is that all arranged by ED?

• ED Team
In my opinion "optional" AFM is a big no-no. I'm completely fine with SFM beta, but when its out of beta and released EVERYONE has to fly the same , AFM , version. DCS stands for quality and i would like to keep it that way.

On a side note , any info on the steam release , or is that all arranged by ED?

+1 about this statement.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Please do not underestimate the work involved in AFM development - it can be greater than the rest of the aircraft combined.

Best regards,

Tango.

Well, Tango, I appreciate your information. That level of information is quite helpful to build an opinion. So, I've changed my mind and will buy the module asap. :)

I was not aware that AFM development is such a big deal -- but then again, I am not a programmer, either.

Would be nice if developer diaries could give us some insights on those things; that additional info makes a huge difference in my understanding of the process. So thanks for that. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As said - even FC3 has now EFM (expect two planes which will follow). Personally I would even buy an F-16 / F-18 or something with no clickpit but EFM (FC3 Standard).

But for all those new Modules (which also cost 40-50$) the EFM Standard is a must! ED has established a very high standard for DCS and I think that we all want that this Standard will be hold. We "fought" all the years for the EFM Models for FC and I think we are all happy with this. So starting with SFM at this point again just doesn't make any sense (except for Beta release) ;)

As said - even FC3 has now EFM (expect two planes which will follow). Personally I would even buy an F-16 / F-18 or something with no clickpit but EFM (FC3 Standard).

But for all those new Modules (which also cost 40-50$) the EFM Standard is a must! ED has established a very high standard for DCS and I think that we all want that this Standard will be hold. We "fought" all the years for the EFM Models for FC and I think we are all happy with this. So starting with SFM at this point again just doesn't make any sense (except for Beta release) ;)

Anything under ED would be classified as SFM/AFM/AFM+/PFM including FC3. Only 3rd party flight models are classified as EFM (external flight model).

At release the C-101 will be a "DCS:" product, not "a product for DCS". :thumbup:

DCS:C-101 ... 2 days to release... ;)

Best regards,

Tango.