Trouble with change over

Intrepid1

Hello everybody;

I recently had to re-install A-10 again (hard drive crashed):( This time I Installed the sim through DCS world. Unfortunately when the main screen renders itself, the picture in the cockpit is not centered. The center of the cockpit is locating itself at the 1/3rd mark on the screen. How do I locate the cockpit render properly. The pic attached shows a screen shot with the views at the default. I have been buggering around with this for a few weeks and keep getting back to the same conclusion, Hopefully it's something simple. BTW I am running 3 x 30 inch monitors on a Matrox TH2Go analog edition on one of the pair of gtx275's , the other video card is running the Helios on a 4th monitor

Attached is the config for monitors

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Randy

1084046418_dcsworldnew.thumb.png.59c91d88ba2cbb357a9b0dc8a0d5f0c3.png

347224114_dcsworld2.thumb.png.243623c5a6dfee71061809d16b2f1062.png

Hello Acemark (fellow Canadian Eh!) I have my Matrox display set at 3840 x 1024 and my single monitor set to 1280 x 768

I know the numbers in the Center section of the config file are incorrectly set to 3400x1024 but that was the only numbers that let me display my MFD's display in the proper locations. For some reason I am only getting a screen render of about 4300 by 1024 ,even tho I set screen size to 5120x1024 in the options menu

Thanks for your interest in helping me :thumbup:

Randy

Capture.PNG.91fbd381dea55793c0d7ce9fed43f08b.PNG

Hi Randy, if I understand correctly, You want the mfcd panels on Your cockpit view, Cockpit view to span 3 screens and helios on 4th monitor.

Then set center viewport hieght = 3840 and center aspect to 3.75

MFCD in correct location - no change

Helios , Use Helios profile editor to relocate gages to 4th monitor, but try running sim first to see location after you edit center view.

Your game option settings are correct with the above change.

Note that it is important to use" NOTE PAD ++ "to edit lua. files.

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598

If you would like to use a very easy way to make this all work without having to go into your monitor file, use EMC. Easy Monitor Configurator is a great little program that lets you drag, stretch and/or just drop things into place. It also handles the centering of the GUI which is what you are looking for. Search ED Forums for it. Made by "Icemaker" I believe.

BTW, either of you fly MP or looking for a squadron to join?

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Acemark; I tried what you suggested and It did help a little .Those values gave me another venue to head down with my trial and error approach. I was able to get everything up and running with the main view in the exactly centered position, Helios as well. I ended up with some weird numbers but it works and I am greatfull for you help:thumbup:

Warhog, I forgot all about EMC ,its been so long since I set up my system. I will look at that creation from Icemaker and try it again to see if it brings my config numbers a little closer to what I expected, Take a look at these numbers and you will see why it does not make sense to me

1908244249_workingcfg.thumb.jpg.d67c8c59ab16b7f7b9c0514ed2ab800e.jpg

Hi Randy, I just looked again and see that I wrote center view hieght = 3840. This should be width = 3840. sorry.

Warhog is right about Easy Monitor Configurator.

E.M.C. work very well for this. Its from Icemaker and there is a thread in the mod.section that explains how to use it. I will look for link and add it here. It also lets you add more stuff Like Ekran,PVI-800,Flare dispencer.ect

I list Black shark items but there are item for a10 too.

Warhog. I tryed It once and liked it. Right now Pit building takes all my time. I look forward to trying again soon

Mark

Here is a link for ECM http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/270123/

That link is not woking Here is a link to the thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71831

Edited by acemark

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598

Acemark; I tried what you suggested and It did help a little .Those values gave me another venue to head down with my trial and error approach. I was able to get everything up and running with the main view in the exactly centered position, Helios as well. I ended up with some weird numbers but it works and I am greatfull for you help:thumbup:

Warhog, I forgot all about EMC ,its been so long since I set up my system. I will look at that creation from Icemaker and try it again to see if it brings my config numbers a little closer to what I expected, Take a look at these numbers and you will see why it does not make sense to me

Your correct, they do seem odd. I was having the same issue last month when I moved my cockpit to a new machine, new monitors etc. It was a royal pain in the butt. I had not tried Icemakers EMC before this. And since I was having similar issues as you and was getting very frustrated I broke down and gave it a whirl. All I can say is WOW!!! That was so easy I just about crapped. No more editing monitor files and trying to figure display sizes. It was such a relief to get it all done in 5 minutes. I mean every thing... all my exports, MFD sizes, RWR, and the infamous GUI for multiplayer.

You will be so glad you used it.:thumbup:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

You will be so glad you used it.:thumbup:

Warhog and Acemark I am so happy you guys have helped me

I really love the commoradary that goes around this forum system and really appreciate the way people want to help each other for nothing more than a thank you

Sooooo a BIG THANK YOU and a :thumbup: to everyone that contributes to these forums

(sappy I know ..but I mean it)

Randy