TM Warthog Keybinds For 3 and 2 Position Switches

Colseg

Using TARGET GUI for assigning commands to the 3-way flaps switch.

Assing two events for the FLAPS UP switch position:

1. Select PRESS (rectangle button at the top), enter name of action: "Flaps Up", assign shortcut to flaps up Key Command, select pressing type: "Pulse", press Save Event, press Add Event.

2. Edit copy of event to RELEASE (rectangle button at the top), name: "Flaps Down", assign shortcut to flaps down, select pressing type: "Pulse", save.

For mid position of the flaps switch do nothing.

For back position do as described above, only in reverse: PRESS for the flaps down action and RELEASE for the flaps up one.

So we got 3 positions of flaps by 2 commands.

If the initial position of the flap switch in the cockpit does not match with the joystick one, click in a circle once.

Good landings.

Edited by ozzzy
  • Like 1

i7-2700K OC4.4GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI GTX1080 GAMING X 8G | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Gametrix Jet Set | Oculus Rift CV1

Ozzzy, thank you very much for PM about this post!

I gave up hope with this thread so I wasn't around. This is good example of intelligent approach to the problem. I admit, it never crossed my mind. It took me a little time to figure how to do this with copies of assignments, but at the end it works like a charm.

Maybe this will save somebody's time: name the RELEASE ones Flaps Take-Off because that's what they are. I was confused about Flaps Down on the Up position of the switch.

Reputation earned!

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Colseg there is an error with this mod and the latest beta release.

When installed DCS BETA wont launch, showing an error in the log that sais something that the moded file is trying to make some change to DCS, cant remember exactly.

DCS launches fine when the mod is uninstalled.

Would be grate to have it working when the new patch is released out of beta.

This mod should be officially part of and delivered with de Mig-21 module.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Colseg there is an error with this mod and the latest beta release.

When installed DCS BETA wont launch, showing an error in the log that sais something that the moded file is trying to make some change to DCS, cant remember exactly.

DCS launches fine when the mod is uninstalled.

Would be grate to have it working when the new patch is released out of beta.

This mod should be officially part of and delivered with de Mig-21 module.

Thanks for the heads up, I will watch for the update and work to resolve the problems as soon as I can after it drops.

Worked. Rep. added.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I have uploaded a new version of the file based on the new default.lua, everyone on the newest version of dcs world will need this update to avoid control issues stemming from changing definitions unless you have already copied the custom section to the new version.

Update

Updated with the newest controls file since the mini update "1.2.11.34087".

Edited by Colseg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love it , got the 21 last week and i really wanted a fully functioning 3/2 pos switches for it!

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry for posting a off-topic question, but does anyone know if there are similar profiles/mods for other modules aswell? I am looking especially for something BS2 2/3 way switches related. :)

edit: If there is documentation regarding input .lua customization I would be very thankful if somebody could point me in that direction, my googlefu seems to be quite lacking here. Thx in advance!

edit2: Found the relevant thread -> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226 this stuff is complicated! :D

Edited by ApoNOOB

I'm not an LUA developer, however...

When I look at the Weapons manager selector in the default.lua file, I can see that the value_down switches between 0.0 and 1.0 in increments of 0.1. So if there was a way to:

* get the initial value of the switch on startup

* have one keypress add 0.1 to the value (wrapping around from 1.0 to 0.0)

* have the other keypress subtract 0.1 from the value (wrapping around from 0.0 to 1.0)

that should take care of the rotary. It's kind of obvious, but I also imagine, kind of tricky to pull off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

I have a Warthog and I'm not understanding why some one would want to go to the effort of creating a .lua file when they could instead map the Warthog buttons in the Options menu? I have no idea how to program the .lua file in any case. Can some one give me the quick and dirty explanation please.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I have a Warthog and I'm not understanding why some one would want to go to the effort of creating a .lua file when they could instead map the Warthog buttons in the Options menu? I have no idea how to program the .lua file in any case. Can some one give me the quick and dirty explanation please.

The why is simple, let's take the 2 way switches (EAC, RDR ALTM, APU etc.) for example. They only transmit one signal to the sim - ON. You flip the switch UP and they tell the sim button X was pressed.

Let's say you bind MASTER ARM to one of those, to activate it you have to flip the switch UP (signal transmit button X). To deactivate you have to flip the switch DOWN and UP again for the signal 'X' to be transmitted.

What we want here is to have the switch work in both directions (UP = ON, DOWN = OFF) which is only accomplished via .lua editing. The A-10C has this stuff by default, 3 way switches too.

Thanks ApoNOOB I understand now. So looking at the first page of this thread there are 8 3 position switch bindings. If I understand correctly I need to assign a 3 position switch on my Warthog to each of these but there are not enough 3 position switches available (autopilot, flaps???).

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Thanks ApoNOOB I understand now. So looking at the first page of this thread there are 8 3 position switch bindings. If I understand correctly I need to assign a 3 position switch on my Warthog to each of these but there are not enough 3 position switches available (autopilot, flaps???).

It is as ApoNOOB said, the reason for such a large number of 3 position switches is to give people the option of which they would like to use for themselves, there are also 2 position versions available for two of the 3 position switches ("Alternate Landing Lights Land 2 Position Only" "Alternate Weapon AA Mode - IR Missile 2 Position Only")

When I look at the Weapons manager selector in the default.lua file, I can see that the value_down switches between 0.0 and 1.0 in increments of 0.1. So if there was a way to:

* have the other keypress subtract 0.1 from the value (wrapping around from 0.0 to 1.0)

that should take care of the rotary. It's kind of obvious, but I also imagine, kind of tricky to pull off.

I have been meaning to test if it is possible to use things like increments and decrements as you have said for the weapon selector and other dials for a while and keep forgetting to try, I will look into it.

Thanks for taking the time. One of the things that worries me a bit is how DCS will handle "debouncing" the switch.

Does the fact it's defined as a value_down mean it will actually require a single key-press for each switching motion, as opposed to say the wheel-brakes which require a hold-down for it to work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

Is it possible to iterate through the various positions that some switches have with button presses?

For example, the pylon selector rotary switch has a bunch of a/a positions and a bunch of a/g positions - it would be neat to have one button press (say, linked to DMS left) go through the a/g positions and another button press go through the a/a positions.

At the moment it's pretty hard to get all the weapon system settings configured as HOTAS buttons because there are just so many switches and options.

I know the lua system supports macros but I don't know if it supports 'clever' macros i.e. 'if position is less than 4, increment one, else go back to 1' that you'd need to work through rotary switch positions.

There should be a "turn clockwise" and "turn counter clockwise" possibilities.

It is as ApoNOOB said, the reason for such a large number of 3 position switches is to give people the option of which they would like to use for themselves, there are also 2 position versions available for two of the 3 position switches ("Alternate Landing Lights Land 2 Position Only" "Alternate Weapon AA Mode - IR Missile 2 Position Only")

I have been meaning to test if it is possible to use things like increments and decrements as you have said for the weapon selector and other dials for a while and keep forgetting to try, I will look into it.

Thanks for taking the time. One of the things that worries me a bit is how DCS will handle "debouncing" the switch.

Does the fact it's defined as a value_down mean it will actually require a single key-press for each switching motion, as opposed to say the wheel-brakes which require a hold-down for it to work?

Any progress on this?

I avoided this thread because I don't have a Warthog but a modded G940 HOTAS and I thought you guys have different problems... but I was wrong it seems :).

Having 2 (next-previous or CW-CCW) or even one command (just Next) for that rotary is a must.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Excellent work, thank you very much!

I used to have a .diff.lua mod for having all Navigation light states on the pinky switch... should work with these:

--Alternate Navigation Lights
{down=device_commands.NavLights,up=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.33,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Nav Lights Min-Off',category='Lights'},
{down=device_commands.NavLights,up=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.99,value_up=0.66,name='Alternate Nav Lights Max-Med',category='Lights'},

Haven't tested yet, but it did work in the .diff file :)

EDIT: verified to work.

Edited by Reksi-Erkki

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

Any progress on this?

I avoided this thread because I don't have a Warthog but a modded G940 HOTAS and I thought you guys have different problems... but I was wrong it seems :).

Having 2 (next-previous or CW-CCW) or even one command (just Next) for that rotary is a must.

I have been working on it, so far I have tried value_down=device_commands.ASPlauncherSelect+0.1 which doesn't create an error but doesn't seem to do anything when used for a keybinding and pressing the keybinding, I have also tried using a for loop and creating local variables like seen in the devices.lua but have not been able to get them to produce any results, I still do not know if the default.lua is something where code can be repeated persistently or if it only runs once.

Excellent work, thank you very much!

I used to have a .diff.lua mod for having all Navigation light states on the pinky switch... should work with these:

--Alternate Navigation Lights
{down=device_commands.NavLights,up=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.33,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate Nav Lights Min-Off',category='Lights'},
{down=device_commands.NavLights,up=device_commands.NavLights,cockpit_device_id=devices.LIGHTS,value_down=0.99,value_up=0.66,name='Alternate Nav Lights Max-Med',category='Lights'},

Haven't tested yet, but it did work in the .diff file :)

EDIT: verified to work.

Thanks for the bindings, I never thought about mimicking a 4 position in that way, will definitely add it in the file as an alternative binding to the 3 position version.

• Like 1

Wow, tons of good info here. Thanks for all the work, Colseg! :thumbup:

Just one thing keeps bothering me:

Also I have been looking into the engine idle/off lever binding and it seems it isn't possible to get a useful setup for it with the currently available functions, [...]

I've also tried a bit to get it to work but without success.

Has anyone contacted Leatherneck directly? Maybe they aren't aware that this is a problem, and it should be easy enough for them to add two more commands.