Datalink in multiplayer mission

AstroEma

HI all,

I have been trying to figure out how to send target position over datalink in an MP mission created by a friend, and playing on his server.

We can see each other's helos on the Abris, but the datalink seems broken.

We have configured it correctly using different channels and Com/wingman but still he is not receiving target info.

Is there anything that needs to be done in the mission creation? I think we are part of the same group as well.

Thanks!

E.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

If you can see him it'll work.

First store target in own system:

Lock target

Press target type button

Press send mem

Then select target and send to wingman:

Reset targeting system (Backspace)

Press target type button until it blinks in Abris

Press wingman number

Press send mem

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure that you have to be in the same group (ex. Enfield 1) for it to work but someone else can confirm this. Now that the builder is set up to do groups in client multiples they all share or inherit the wayoint info from the lead along with the data link info.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You only have to be on the same datalink frequency. By default this is 124.000. St3v3f describes the correct procedure for storing and sending. To receive simply select send mem.

OK, that's interesting. I knew that you had to be on the same frequency but I didn't know that it would work with anyone. So technically you can have as many Ka-50's in the mission and as long as 4 at a time share the same VHF AM frequency they can data link. Correct?

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, that's interesting. I knew that you had to be on the same frequency but I didn't know that it would work with anyone. So technically you can have as many Ka-50's in the mission and as long as 4 at a time share the same VHF AM frequency they can data link. Correct?

Yes, I've switched my frequency on the 104th a couple of times to avoid being in the same group as others.

I'm pretty sure that you have to be in the same group (ex. Enfield 1) for it to work but someone else can confirm this. Now that the builder is set up to do groups in client multiples they all share or inherit the wayoint info from the lead along with the data link info.

Then there would have been no DL at all in MP, because DCS doesn't allow multiple players in the same group (at least that was the case in the past).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Then there would have been no DL at all in MP, because DCS doesn't allow multiple players in the same group (at least that was the case in the past).

I said I understood now.

ED just added the multiple clients allowed in the same group in 1.5. Before you had to create separate flights for clients with copied waypoints but the group/flight numbers were reversed.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From me how learn datalink is this video best

:thumbup:

Thanks for that, looks like will be a good reference for using the DataLink. After about a 3 month sabbatical from DCS due to a move, I need to brush up on those procedures. I had just learned the basics prior to the move, and need a good refresher.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have one problem from mission and i dont know what i working bad. My vingmen send me target i save him. After that i whant target this target. I reset weapon sistem and klik on vehecle buton one and ingess in video automatical target but on me nothing doing

Targeting reset not required

Some time ago I found out a complete reset (Backspace) is not necessary to select and send target to wingmen, just turn of the laser and you can cycle through targets on ABRIS as well (maybe a bug or a feature ? :music_whistling:)

Much quicker operation in combat as you can continue targeting other ground targets faster instead of slewing again and again.