DCS World Weekend Updates - July 22-23, 2016

SkateZilla

Well, it depends.. does "End of this year" mean December?

Yes, December +maybe a couple of months if things does not turn out right. I hope they are adding more terrain also. As Wags say, everything is subject to change.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gratitude!

You know, I look at those renderings and I harken back to what we thought was great back in the late '90's.:cry: My gratitude for what ED is doing on behalf of such a small niche market, is beyond words.:thumbup: A simple thank you just seems to fall way, way short in consideration for how they are providing for "the few" who still cling to their fight sim fantasies.:pilotfly: I suggest that patience on our part would be the best to give back and of course, we will NEVER let go of the "It'll be done two weeks" jab.:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

You know, I look at those renderings and I harken back to what we thought was great back in the late '90's.:cry: My gratitude for what ED is doing on behalf of such a small niche market, is beyond words.:thumbup: A simple thank you just seems to fall way, way short in consideration for how they are providing for "the few" who still cling to their fight sim fantasies.:pilotfly: I suggest that patience on our part would be the best to give back and of course, we will NEVER let go of the "It'll be done two weeks" jab.:music_whistling:

[ame]

[/ame]

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Wow....this is amazing news. All I want to know if you guys are planning expanding the map to Crimea or perhaps other regions, and if texture mods like Starways textures will still be allowed? Until then i think there is plenty of content to play with, and many modules to learn until all this comes out. Good job ED, you guys are one amazing company.

Hopefully DCS 2.5 will be more optimized than DCS 2.0.

Sorry bud but with your hardware, (Your signature: I7 4500U, GTX 740M, 8GB RAM, 500HD, Windows 8.1), it's the bare minimum to run DCS World. Considering DCS World runs effectively on your rig is a proof that the sim is good optimized.

I don't mean to be rude at all, just an honest opinion considering the minimum and recommanded requierement:

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

So with the eventual upgrade of the Caucasus map to T4 (besides looking pretty) will this permit the trees to be collidable?

Yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Sorry bud but with your hardware, (Your signature: I7 4500U, GTX 740M, 8GB RAM, 500HD, Windows 8.1), it's the bare minimum to run DCS World. Considering DCS World runs effectively on your rig is a proof that the sim is good optimized.

I don't mean to be rude at all, just an honest opinion considering the minimum and recommanded requierement:

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

I have a miserable machine for year 2016. Before the EDGE I was saying DCS needs optimization. Now, when I can pull average 35 FPS on lower-medium settings on my:

E7600, 8Gb RAM, Sapphire 5700

I can say that DCS is well optimized.

What IS a problem: Certain regions of the map. Vaziani area is a pain. But that is unnecessary to discuss since we're informed that Caucasus is getting an overhaul. (and since it only affects us on bare minimum)

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

Yes.

Where did you get that from, if I may ask? :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

perfect words!!!

Where did you get that from, if I may ask? :)

I read it somewhere. I forgot where. No reliable sources maybe.

But the trees on Nevada map are collidable as well. Why would it be different on other T4 maps? I think non-collidable trees will be gone forever with releasing of DCS 2.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I spoke to a guy from Russian Section, and he told me this:

In a Russian-speaking branch of communication developers have told that trees of the Caucasus will be same, as in Nevada, but not all. But only in the cities or places where they will matter on game process.

Edited by Vitormouraa

I spoke to a guy from Russian Section, and he told me this:

That's what I heard as well, or something similar: All single trees will be collidable, but not firest trees. But that might have changed by now?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm just seriously hoping by the end of the year with 2.5 they release the F/A-18, even if it's not in perfect state for early access/beta. The aircraft has been talked about for a long time and it would a real blow if it's pushed beyond 2016.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

With ED, usually yes. They had issues and delays so far, it's likely it might happen again.

What do you consider End of this year tho?

I don't know, isn't November end of the year as well? it depends on your understanding, no? however, they haven't release any specific date, so we need to wait anyway! :D

I don't know guys to me " by the end of the year" means it will be ready by the end of calendar year 2016, seems pretty clear.

Last time I recall them giving an approximate date was for the release of the new Edge engine with DCS 1.5, and IIRC they only missed that by like 1 day.

Obviously things can change and what not, but I feel fairly positive we wil see 2.5 before the end of 2016...

Just my opinion of course.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ah two weeks... where have we heard that before? Maybe we have just touched on the crux of the two weeks issue!

On a more serious note though, you will never hear any concrete deadlines for releases, we haven't for a couple of years.

As stated, they are merely forecasts, and as estimates, should be treated as such.

The end of the year is the target, but just like a DCS Aim 9 in a shower of decoy flares, there is a good chance they may miss.

Unless of course you can provide ED with a list of all the bugs they will encounter, all the progress that they will make, and precisely how many hours of development are required to complete the project between now and December?

Therefore, we wait, and they do what they can to meet their proposed (but never promised) targets.