Pilot body now in the 190

NeilWillis

No issues here on my end - neither on the 109's nor the 190's pilot.

Got a screenshot?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 4 weeks later...

This recurring topic baffles me.

First of all... the pilot body and the gear does obstruct things in real life... hence HOTAS commands. FW190 was designed to have all controls within reach and basically make the pilot look more outside the cockpit for enemy than search some lever or Button.

Second of all because the pilot body obstructs things in cockpit there are no critical controls or gauges that are blocked by it in any cockpit. Real or DCS. You will not see the speedometer, altimeter, ADI or Artificial Horizon blocked by the body.

Third, the pilot body in DCS would be nice to have animations that will make him raise the hand of the throttle to see the things beneath it but I think we can agree that is something that will complicate the development a bit more than DCS scope... for now at least. We will see what VR will bring onto the table

However! There is a shortcut key (RShift+P default) that simply disables momentarily the pilot body making it disappear and basically revealing everything that it blocked. If someone LOVES to have a pilot body in cockpit this thing is the at the ready workaround. If someone doesn't love to have that body and complains about the minuses he's wasting his time for nothing.

If Shift+P is too complicated change it to something simpler... I changed it to just "P" but one could make it disappear with a HOTAS button or a closer keyboard button than "P"... say "Numpad0" or "Space" (don't tell me you really fire weapons with space and complain about the problems the pilot body creates to hardcore simulation)

Another thing someone can do is to edit a bit the lua files and make the command to show/hide the body assignable also to the mouse buttons and then modify the command to be available only while that button is pressed and upon button release the pilot body to be shown again. After that... you just need a mouse with more than 3 buttons as the first 3 buttons are somehow hardwired to the game for other tasks.

Fourthly(?)... use 6DoF headtracking or VR. The amount of things not seen-able/reachable because of that darn body are reduced to simply caprice.

And finally... someone could simply disable the feature altogether from Options and be done with it.

Pilot bodies are here to stay exactly like 6DoF cockpits (remember how a simple representation of the cockpit was enough in early flight sims) and animated controls. Especially since VR is here. Soon we will want integration of fingers with VR and we have problems with an elbow. Seriously...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 months later...