Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

I won't complain about your complaints....;)

Though I doubt that it changes things for Leatherneck or the other 3rd parties. But people should be able to say that they don't like something, if they are courteous and reasonable IMHO.

My only objection was your decision to make things personal and talk about health issues. This forum will be a better place if we leave that sort of thing out of the conversation.

-Nick

I agree there is no place for that. We don't know the circumstances, I would expect more respect.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I would like an announcement of Mig21 fixes in 1.5 or 2.0 more than an announcement of the Viggen and Corsair. The last months made a weak impression (for me at least) on the finishing of Mig-21 module. Too many "features" got bugged patch after patch and I only wish for them to be fixed. The December Announcement can very well come in January (which I would bet it will be the case if it was possible to bet on that :D ).

Seriously, I like Corsair (for Viggen I couldn't care less given the current situation) but if Mig-21 is not finished as it was supposed to, there is no point for me to encourage its developer by pre-purchasing or anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I would like an announcement of Mig21 fixes in 1.5 or 2.0 more than an announcement of the Viggen and Corsair. The last months made a weak impression (for me at least) on the finishing of Mig-21 module. Too many "features" got bugged patch after patch and I only wish for them to be fixed. The December Announcement can very well come in January (which I would bet it will be the case if it was possible to bet on that :D ).

Seriously, I like Corsair (for Viggen I couldn't care less given the current situation) but if Mig-21 is not finished as it was supposed to, there is no point for me to encourage its developer by pre-purchasing or anything.

I'm sure everyone at LNS isn't working on the MIG 21 project...so it doesn't have to come down to giving an update or not vs fixing some bugs in a Alpha..and Beta which quite frankly should be expected to have plenty of bugs...

So while you might not want it...the majority of people are excited for an update!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

It makes me sad to see all the whining. We have to accept that we play a game where the developers don't have resources like EA or any of the other big players. Things are going to take time. My own view on the matter is that LN do a hell of a job and I plan to support them by at least purchasing the F-14 and Viggen. Keep up the good work!

Merry Christmas Cobra and LNS, next year won't be any easier for you but I hope it's gonna be rewarding for all of us.

I will be busy with the Mirage, MiG21 and Viggen so I wouldn't mind if the F14 takes a bit baking time :)

What makes you think we will have a Viggen in 2016??? :lol::lol::lol:

• 8 months later...

F-14A&B

We are making strong progress on the F-14, even though our other upcoming products are prioritized in terms of manpower.

Much work has recently been done to reverse engineer required parts of aircraft flight performance, so as to ensure the PFM is accurate.

Most of the work being done on the Tomcat is still (just like in the last update) the deep systems and their modeling.

We are done with the Electrical, Engine and AICS components, and have moved on to Advanced Flight controls, Navigation and Instrumentation.

Interestingly, many of the F-14s' systems are possibly simpler than one of our unannounced aircraft, but there is simply
more
– and that takes time.

Art development is progressing as well, with all exterior and interior components being animated and various model flaws have been corrected.

We're currently working on rigging and animating the pilot, texturing, rebuilding the internal gearbays as well as a large amount of UVW Mapping.

I know it's a fairly boring F-14 update; but that is generally how development goes.

Long stretches of deep technical programming work, while the graphical component is not much more than the pretty layer on the very top of the stack.

It is not long until the majority of our now large development team turn our entire attention to the F-14, and in that period of time we will likely see

unprecedented (for us) speed of development.

On a more visual and fun note; our dedicated F-14 site went up recently, you can find it at:

and to think this was a year ago, my goodness :(

Seeing as the Viggen isn't out yet I'm starting to fear yet another year will pass until we see the F-14 :cry:

• Like 1

Holy molly, I read the whole update and was convinced it was a new thread from 2 weeks ago that I had missed somehow...

Most of the team's focus has currently been on our two upcoming aircraft that are not the F-14.

We hope to announce one of these, which is part of a larger project during the month of September, and the other in October.

As we announce our new and upcoming products, you'll be bombarded with screenshots, videos, written previews, livestreams, and much more. Stay tuned!

Hope to be bombarded in Sept and Oct 2016 then!

• 2 weeks later...
Most of the team's focus has currently been on our two upcoming aircraft that are not the F-14. We hope to announce one of these, which is part of a larger project during the month of September, and the other in October.

bD4bjm.gif

Today is friday, and the last day of September! Pleeeeeeease! :pilotfly:

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Apologised for what? I wasn't complaining about anything... I was simply hoping for a September 2015 update... in 2016.

I don't even know how I did bump on this thread the other day, but I took it for a 2016 thread. My bad. I guess that's an auto-facepalm for me :

eeea40a7-f708-41a4-b829-1811c8d8635e.jpg

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.