Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

Ill be happy with any decently modern Air-to-Ground platform that can deliver weapons acuratley.. A-6, A-7 or the FB-111. Any of those would be awesome

But that's just my hopes :P

Edited by Airwolf435
Had to fix model name for one of the aircraft.

It is a little concerning that after announcing the F-14, they then put it on the back burner and focus on other projects.

Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to a possible Viggen, but not if it means I'll have to wait even longer for the Tomcat.

Their website stills says they hope to have the F-14 in beta around the first half of 2016. If they are trying to knock out these other two projects I doubt they'll stick to that calendar.

Hi,

You should read more carefully mate,

"We are working hard on developing the F-14 project and we currently expect to reach an initial internal BETA stage during the first half of 2016. The complexity of the project at hand cannot be understated, however. "

Internal, initial, expect are your keywords here.

I am not expecting to see this product in release candidate until Q12017. I actually posted similar comment and Cobra replied about additional content. For me that is confirmation as this project is huge! Also I would not speculate about A6 or A7 I would rather buy F-14D with LANTRIN over Bosnia or Iraq or Afghanistan.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hi,

"We are working hard on developing the F-14 project and we currently expect to reach an initial internal BETA stage during the first half of 2016. The complexity of the project at hand cannot be understated, however. "

I am not expecting to see this product in release candidate until Q12017. I actually posted similar comment and Cobra replied about additional content. For me that is confirmation as this project is huge!

It's a really big project, quite true. However, they will soon have a lot of people working on it and it will be their 4th module. So they have some experience and a solid framework. I'll put those three in the "positive" column counterbalancing the "big-ness".

-Nick

BTW, we don't need an F-14D to have LANTIRN and I am also hoping that we get it.

Hi,

I am not expecting to see this product in release candidate until Q12017. I actually posted similar comment and Cobra replied about additional content. For me that is confirmation as this project is huge! Also I would not speculate about A6 or A7 I would rather buy F-14D with LANTRIN over Bosnia or Iraq or Afghanistan.

Q1 2017 is quite optimistic I'd say. I think we will get the pre purchase in Q3 2017 and the first open beta will most likely be released Q4 2017 or maybe Q1 2018.

Excuse me, but LN posted about beta before end of 2015. Even Is this is optimistic at best, why 2017??

... I think ... will most likely ... or maybe...

Because he is "thinking", " speculating" and "guessing"... ?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Haha I don't usually find shit like that funny but you captured the feeling spot on!

+Rep sir

Have faith though! Also the Mig update for 1.5 will keep me entertained for a long time.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Creating a sound processing algorithm to simulate sound through atmosphere and environment would be a challenge indeed. :)

Honestly? I don't think it should. The transfer functions of air dependent on humidity, temperature, density etc. should all be fairly well understood now, and I don't think it'd be that hard to implement an additional filter dependent on the surrounding sound sources and other parameters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

Yes, however, turbulences, wind, landscape and obstacles render the process very chaotic and difficult. But if developers can make something as hard as AFM for an aircraft, they should overcome the sound issue as well.

I also think about the doppler effect and sound speed. If you press F3, does the sound engine has to continuously pre-calculate the sound rendering for you to get instant result ?

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Just to add to the external sound topic and the complexity of implementing more realistic sounds: There is a external sound mod abailable for the Mig-15 and it sounds absolutely sublime, even with the current sound engine. I reckon it's possible for such a high quality team like Leatherneck to do something similar.

You know...I don´t need some ultra high tech realistic sound physics if I can call it like that. MiG-15 has beautiful sound in original version and cockpit sound of MiG-21 is awesome, so I don´t understand, why it takes so long to give us that beautiful high pitch Tumansky sound.

Creating a sound processing algorithm to simulate sound through atmosphere and environment would be a challenge indeed. :)

As a video game sound design student, that's exactly the type of work I'm interested in doing for my career. There are already plenty of DSP units that can calculate things like Doppler effect, occlusion, etc. We also know how to calculate sound travelling through air at different pressures, and we also know how to simulate the effects of noise masking on different sounds, and how to tailor that to a game/sim environment.

It would be awesome to have the opportunity to work on a project like this (under the guide of an experienced sound designer, of course) *coughs in Leatherneck's direction*