Video stutters and lock-ups? Look inside...

Ebodee

I do not know if this has been posted yet on such a large forum but I may have found a solution to my own video problems and it could be of assistance to you.

So what was happening?

I would cold start the Kamov, taxi to the runway, and somewhere on the taxiway in nearly the exact same spot the game would begin locking up and then resume normal operation.

These lockups were almost periodic and timed. So I did some poking around on the web and discovered that perhaps my memory voltage and latency timings in BIOS were being set improperly.

I entered BIOS and noticed that the memory settings were auto and quite frankly what are the actual settings being used? So I decided to force the voltage and latency based upon the memory manufacturers settings and my apparent lock-ups appear gone.

This is not for those unsure about entering their BIOS and making changes but if you are this could be your solution.

• Like 1

Now this is a nice hint I need to try to remember if I see such symptoms. Good finding - I always leave my BIOS at default for compatability. :)

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Now this is a nice hint I need to try to remember if I see such symptoms. Good finding - I always leave my BIOS at default for compatability. :)

A rig like that and you don't set the BIOS?! :lol:

You might want to break out the manual and set it up properly, you'll find a lot of stuff is not set correctly. If I didn't set my memory to 4-4-4-12 and 1.95v (rated), it would be at 5-5-5-15 and 1.8v according to SPD (which would completely defeat the purpose of getting low latency-memory).

Seriously, if you have a gaming rig, you need to spend some time in the BIOS. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)

A rig like that and you don't set the BIOS?! :lol:

You might want to break out the manual and set it up properly, you'll find a lot of stuff is not set correctly. If I didn't set my memory to 4-4-4-12 and 1.95v (rated), it would be at 5-5-5-15 and 1.8v according to SPD (which would completely defeat the purpose of getting low latency-memory).

Seriously, if you have a gaming rig, you need to spend some time in the BIOS. ;)

I'm lazy ;) Time is money .. etc. Unless I have a problem that is. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning