2013 Virtual Hawgsmoke

Snoopy

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, not to mention the hours of placing the jets.

Although in all seriousness (unusual for me I know), depending on the number of Sqns with custom skins, and how many have individual custom skins it might end up being possible if only a handful of Sqns have individual pilot skins.

It's something that'll be worth looking at as time goes on and things become more solid.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Aye, not to mention the hours of placing the jets.

Although in all seriousness (unusual for me I know), depending on the number of Sqns with custom skins, and how many have individual custom skins it might end up being possible if only a handful of Sqns have individual pilot skins.

It's something that'll be worth looking at as time goes on and things become more solid.

for us - 11.

i like the standard vfs skin TBH

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

You mentioned the range, are you using Heater's range targets or standard objects?

Standard objects.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Here is an example of what I'm doing. The center object is the target, the buses circle the distance for scoring criteria. All will be explained in the SOP. By doing it this way it will be clear to the judges where the BDU, Rocket, or TP rounds hit.

Screen_120119_175135.jpg

Screen_120119_173616.jpg

JaBoG32 usually flies the Spangdahlem SP1 Skin. Of course... German squadron using the skin of the only A-10 squadron, based in germany! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Now that's a great idea right there. I was wondering how you'd get the distance for the scoring.

Not to offend Paul, but it's more stealing from RL than an idea! ;)

Honestly: Just joking...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not to offend Paul, but it's more stealing from RL than an idea! ;)

Honestly: Just joking...

No offence there, you're absolutely right. As with everything in this event, things are taken from the real world wherever possible.

Spoiler

Oh, they're about to leave? Didn't know that! However: They're based so far south from my home that I never ever saw one in the skies... :( (Except for being at an airshow) ;)

Oh, sry for getting OT!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No offence there, you're absolutely right. As with everything in this event, things are taken from the real world wherever possible.

Which is the good thing with this event!!! No Hollywood type missions...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now, if we are talking about SOI's and not SOP's, then ok. these are essentially JUST the rules and methods of adoption to comply with the rules, in which case if this competition is what i think it is (having had a fairly in depth convo with paul the other night on TS, i'm confident i know exactly) the SOI's should be no longer than a few pages.

just out of curiosity, was there a meeting with squad leaders that we had missed?

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a quick update...

-Eddie has created a DSMS file that will include all weapons profiles for the competition so you wont' have to sit and do that while on the ramp.

-Initial stages of testing the mission have begun, as soon as we work out the "kinks" both the mission and SOP will be released.

-As soon as they are released I'll schedule a meeting for COs (or a rep) from each vSquadron, mainly to clarify any confusion caused by the SOP and iron out any early details.

-The target for the actual competition will be May 2012. This will give vSquadrons time to fly and become familial the mission, weapons delivery methods, and safe escape maneuvers (SEM), conduct internal competitions (if they so choose) to identify their 4 participating members.

A question for something that I miss (maybe): What days of the week it's going to be planned the Hawgsmoke? It's a weekend activity or a multi-evenings activity?

Thanks,

Lore

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I really think it would be great (especially for fraps footage and pictures) if each participating vSquadron's ACFT skin was included.

Our Skin is already available on Users' files, It's included in the 21° Gruppo Tigre Skinpack, that also include Kamov skins. All the skins are in portable format, so you may simply dowload the pack, open the zip file and copy the A10 skin where you want: no other work is necessary.

But, if you prefer, I'm sure that we could prepare a dedicated skin before April: Let me know :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

A question for something that I miss (maybe): What days of the week it's going to be planned the Hawgsmoke? It's a weekend activity or a multi-evenings activity?

Thanks,

Lore

The plan will be a weekend, Saturday and Sunday with a scheduled "make up" day if there are any network/sim issues.