Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............you just stole part of my mw3 purchase money, how cruel

I might get MW4 next year.... :lol:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

You see, this is exactly where you show that you don't quite understand the complexity involved here. This is not a case of copy-paste. The entire thing has been given a work-over. (There is a lot of things that aren't on that list - listing everything would make for quite a few pages of tiny details that were improved.)

Its been 3 years approximately after BS released and thats where we arrive? They should have show up with another DCS module, Maybe a F-18 or F-16 or anything that really worth to pay. A mod team can handle what this new patch includes. Maybe thats why DCS or FC series is not so modable.

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

The rules of market again.....

What you are saying is that we pay for an upgrade that is compatible with the A10 ... When they come 2 or 3 new models more, we must also pay for every update? Because so far has been (i.e FC2 & BS2).

When DCS was born, you said it would create "a platform" on which to purchase different airplane models, and that all would be compatible with each other regardless of the model to have.

Thus, it is forcing them all if you want to get that final compatibility.

I do not think it's the right way. :(

They should have show up with another DCS module

Erm, A-10C?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• Updated Mission Editor with many new features

• New air, land, and sea AI units at incredible levels of detail

• Improved AI for a smarter, more realistic behavior

• Expanded map area to the east to include Tbilisi and location of the 2008 Georgian War

• Dynamic weather with variable weather fronts, winds, and precipitation

• Improved graphics effects like HDR

• Improved low level terrain graphics like grass, bushes, tree shadows and high resolution textures provide a better sense of speed when hugging the Earth

• Dynamic shadows in cockpit

• Fast mission generator to easily and quickly generate missions

• Takeoff and landings from pitching and rolling ships according to wind speed and direction

• Radio messages from all other friendly flights helps makes the battlefield come to life

Considering that the above items are already present in DCS-A10, couldn't one argue that if one already owns DCS-BS and DCS-A10C, there should be an upgrade SKU which is cheaper than BS2 upgrade SKU? Otherwise you're paying for the same thing twice (and lineary more, as the next modules are released)

I wonder how/if ED will keep updating the older DCS modules in the future, after several more modules have been released. As more modules are released, things like multiplayer compatibility will be essential, unless you like multiplayer where everyone flies the same aircraft ...

If the pricing mechanism doesn't change in the future things could get quite expensive for those who want to keep up ...

Note: After buying DCS-AC10 five months ago, I bought DCS-BS just a month ago, not having a clue that DCS-BS2 was around the corner.

You see, this is exactly where you show that you don't quite understand the complexity involved here. This is not a case of copy-paste. The entire thing has been given a work-over. (There is a lot of things that aren't on that list - listing everything would make for quite a few pages of tiny details that were improved.)

20 dollars is cheap. Compare how much work you get done on your house for 20 dollars when you need help from a plumber or carpenter. One hour tops? At my place, you'd get roughly 15 minutes...

Prices relations belong to endless discussions. For GB\US\German or whatever old West citizen 20 USD is nothing. For Chech, Romanian 20 bucks mean much more. We must glance at one price from two sides.

But this is electronic market, Windows - as far I know - is priced everywhere almost same. Brutal life, just that ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Erm, A-10C?

Thats what im talking about. Another module to fly with other planes. Why A-10C itself is cant join DCS BS?

I'd just like to go on record saying the above is nonsense.

Nate

Me and my mates trying to add a F-16 to FC2. We completed 3d model within 3d cockpit. Yet we dont have required tools to make a fully operative plane for FC2. Its up to ED to allow mod makers to add new planes or they can just handle this with $40 price tag.

Edited by Alper22

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

A mod team can handle what this new patch includes.

You mean like the Falcon mod teams work at a blazing speed? ;)

(And that's in spite of them benefiting from having leaked source code to work with.)

Anyhow, DCS products are extremely moddable. All you need is some LUA skills and you can work away. (Remember ServMan? Mod.)

Sorry, I just don't agree with you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Considering that the above items are already present in DCS-A10, couldn't one argue that if one already owns DCS-BS and DCS-A10C, there should be an upgrade SKU which is cheaper than BS2 upgrade SKU? Otherwise you're paying for the same thing twice (and lineary more, as the next modules are released)

This would be true if software development were done with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. It isn't. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You're saying that only ED has the knowledge and skill to implement the features in BS2? or that only ED has the ability to do it due to the inherent lack of mod-ability of the series?

OK for example how would a mod team add dynamic shadows to the cockpit?

Nate