What is the depressible Pipper used for?

Dudester22

It's used to set the boresight of your Maverick to a new location. By default, the boresight is quite high up on the HUD and often looking at the sky. You can actually make the boresight a lot lower on the HUD so that it's looking more at the ground.

Also, when you boresight the Mav, it will have shorter travel time when the boresight is lower.

It's used to set the boresight of your Maverick to a new location. By default, the boresight is quite high up on the HUD and often looking at the sky. You can actually make the boresight a lot lower on the HUD so that it's looking more at the ground.

Also, when you boresight the Mav, it will have shorter travel time when the boresight is lower.

That is what the corresponding DEPR keys of the UFC are used for.

But the Depressable Pipper as such is an aiming aid like the CCIP pipper for (unguided/dumb) bomb or rocket delivery. The difference is that there is no computer calculating the impact point for you, but you have to know it by yourself (i.e. taking all relevant parameters into account, like altitude, dive angle, speed, etc) and adjust the pipper by "depressing" (moving down) it accordingly.

This is the way ordnance was delivered before the rise of the computers - and can still be seen as backup method nowadays.

it's pretty much outdated, but yea, you use it essentially as a way to mark your position of the targeting pod in AA mode. I believe you would need to press it down 5-8 clicks in order for it to be actually centered around where your AA TGP is pointing at. VERY useful for that.

its used for CCIP backup in case firing solution is fubar. If you played F4 you'd know what its for.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Incidentally if you find HUD camera footage of A-10s working the range you can see this thing being used as the track reference Noodle is talking about. (at least that seems to correspond to what he described)

NbWGNjyU2yQ

• Like 1

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I pretty much undestood none of that... I have a lot to learn

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat