A-10C Keyboard Command List

SinandGrin

Any way of getting a snap view to hold? I want to quickly view to the cdu and hold the view. I know you can get to the view by Num0+RCtrl then press Num2 but that is a 2 step process. I also know that it can be snapped to by Rwin+Num2, but that is only as long as the win key is held down. The moment the win key is released the view is gone. I'm looking for a way for a one step key stroke to view the cdu and hold it.

EVGA X58 FTW3 | i7-960 3.2GHz | 6Gb DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 680 4Gb | Win 7 64 |TM HOTAS Warthog | Combat Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TM MFD Cougar set | Logithech G35 Headset

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any way of getting a snap view to hold? I want to quickly view to the cdu and hold the view. I know you can get to the view by Num0+RCtrl then press Num2 but that is a 2 step process. I also know that it can be snapped to by Rwin+Num2, but that is only as long as the win key is held down. The moment the win key is released the view is gone. I'm looking for a way for a one step key stroke to view the cdu and hold it.

It can be done but not within the sim. Programable keyboards, joysticks or mice could do it but that solution will vary depending on what hardware you are using.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

newb here folks,stuck near the end of the landing training video.

Instructor says I need to "Open the vhf radio menu"

L.ALT and NUM+ key

I dont have a numb key and cant find "open vhf menu" on the options list

can someone tell me where it is in the options so I can assign my own key to it?

thanks

I use a .map profile for the CH Products Control Manager created by a guy here, S77th-konkussion. I have a snap view of the 3 radios console that incorporates my Pro Throttle's upper HAT or maybe it is titled HOTAS, CH calls it the POV up button. I still have to hold the radio position HAT up button while setting the radios, but it is just one button.

I can also set a one button key press snap view to one of my keyboard's Logitech G15, 18 programmable, G-keys.

(Since this post I purchased the Logitech G510 keyboard with 54 programmable G-keys; which is very handy.)

But except for the Right Control + Number Pad 0 key , I don't think you can get a steady hold view unless you rig up a 2nd or third screen to be set as a MFCD.

In the Black Shark I can set the ABRIS screen to a single button key press using my Logitech G510 keyboard and simultaneously press the OSB keys using my mouse arrow underneath it to change the ABRIS screen views.

Edited by ErichVon

L.ALT and NUM+ key

can someone tell me where it is in the options so I can assign my own key to it?

thanks[/quote

I think it is the same as pressing the "\" back-slash key or as instructed in your tutorial: Left Alt + the Number-pad "+" key

I adjust my radios using the equivalent of the Left Windows + Number Pad #1 key and set the radios manually.

Maybe I am missing what you are asking, but I think that is it.

Edited by ErichVon

Now, the serious question: Why is there no official, comprehensive, well structured keyboard command list for this sim? I know, most controls are either HOTAS or have in-cockpit switches, but there are controls that don't like flaps (?), night vision and simulation controls.

Maybe so, but within OPTIONS, the CONTROLS menu, setting the controllers, has the keyboard commands listed for the flaps; night vision goggles ( right Shift + "H"" ) with the added gain controls are within the drop-down titled, SENSORS; and everything else, under A-10C Sim.

I setup this sim a year ago, played it awhile and went to something else. I recently got a better PC and much faster processor and had to setup the whole mess all over again. I am age 60 and my mind is not as crisp as my younger days. I do have my saved notes in hard-copy. I totally forgot how I did it, except the bits and pieces that are slowly returning. Last year, my setup took over a month to figure out how to setup my CH Products gear. This time around it was just a few days.

I came to this thread looking also for a listing of the keyboard commands. I read the entire thread and thanks you guys that have added the helpful utilities and included the helpful advice.

Edited by ErichVon

L.ALT and NUM+ key

thanks[/quote

I think it is the same as pressing the "\" back-slash key or as instructed in your tutorial: Left Alt + the Number-pad "+" key

I adjust my radios using the equivalent of the Left Windows + Number Pad #1 key and set the radios manually.

Maybe I am missing what you are asking, but I think that is it.

Thanks for the reply but still totally confused and frustrated I cant move forward.past a silly little key board command.

In the landing lesson where he says " lets open the vhf radio menu" where is that in option/controls? There are about 20 items under VHF but none say the above.

also

L.ALt and Numb keys....is that the left "ALT" key plus the "numb" key?

driving me nuts :doh:

Thanks for the reply but still totally confused and frustrated I cant move forward.past a silly little key board command.

In the landing lesson where he says " lets open the vhf radio menu" where is that in option/controls? There are about 20 items under VHF but none say the above.

also

L.ALt and Numb keys....is that the left "ALT" key plus the "numb" key?

driving me nuts :doh:

I went back into the lesson. Just like I said 2 posts back, Left Alternate key plus the Number-Pad (right block keypad) Plus key. You press both keys together at the same time.

But the Backslash key will also bring up the menu.

You use the F-keys that pertain to the numbered steps.

I think everything is in the documentation manuals or the forum archive. You just got to dig it out.

I setup my plane for full sim mode, but I add in some helps to make life easier, offline. I check mark in the GAMEPLAY drop-down in OPTIONS: RADIO ASSISTS, TOOL TIPS, EASY COMMUNICATION, LABELS, and PERMIT CRASH RCVR. The lessons may over-ride these as not to function.

The learning curve gets worse. LOL!

Some servers online will not include these helps and there you sit in the plane as in real life scratching your head, and asking yourself, "Now what?" But I started out easy, then did without the helps later.

This sim is rather intense as to learning it. I started with A-10C. The helicopter is harder to learn.

My DSL download speed is so slow, using the online multiplayer option is mostly a worthless option. I play offline. Maybe some day my out in the boondocks area will get a fiber optic service provider.

Edited by ErichVon

thanks again erich yes I did get the menu with backslash but nothing happened after (instructor stopped talking ) so thought it was the wrong menu. Yes its a challenge but beats doing the crosswords

Yeah, well, that instructor is a pain in the butt. If you fail to do what he says, he just waits until you do. Might just start the lesson over.

Serious answer:

Peruse your Doc folder in your install directory for the excel spreadsheet A10-C Key Commands list.

re: Forums Message post #115 ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58470&page=12 )

I have not found this. It is not listed in my Start: All Programs listing under Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C listing.

It is not in my C:GAMES\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Doc

It is not in My Computer, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit >>> tree.

I even dumped the original A-10C Warthog stash to the Recycle Bin and reloaded the original program and all the patches, one by one over each to version 1.1.1.1 and looked for this Doc folder and any key command related items in each version. I have not found it. All that displays is: Video Capture API .

Is it located somewhere else within C: Eagle Dynamics ?

(I have copied every useful utility in this thread and printed out hard-copy and saved them in a folder in my filing cabinet. Thank you to all for the utilities.)

I have not played in almost a year. I bought a much faster PC recently. I forgot almost everything and had to relearn. I just discovered by accident, about the Snap View keys of Left Windows + the number-pad, six useful instrument views, and three external out the cockpit views, a really great feature. My keyboard is a Logitech G15 with 18 programmable G keys of which I will learn how to set it up. My PC, do not hit Left Windows key+L, which in game, locked my PC in Windows---LOL! I experiment.

I stil use Konkussion's CH .map for my CH trio. Thanks guy.

Edited by ErichVon

how do i slew with keyboard in dcs a10? for zoom in TGP? i heave setup so i can move the "dot" around in TGP but i need the zoom key? anyone know it?

The TGP 'zoom' key is actually your DMS FWD/AFT when the TGP is SOI.

Perhaps pages 86-93 of the Flight Manual would be useful.;)

The China Hat changes from Wide to Narrow FOV as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 9 months later...
re: Forums Message post #115 ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58470&page=12 )

I have not found this. It is not listed in my Start: All Programs listing under Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C listing.

It is not in my C:GAMES\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Doc

It is not in My Computer, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit >>> tree.

I even dumped the original A-10C Warthog stash to the Recycle Bin and reloaded the original program and all the patches, one by one over each to version 1.1.1.1 and looked for this Doc folder and any key command related items in each version. I have not found it. All that displays is: Video Capture API .

Is it located somewhere else within C: Eagle Dynamics ?

(I have copied every useful utility in this thread and printed out hard-copy and saved them in a folder in my filing cabinet. Thank you to all for the utilities.)

I have not played in almost a year. I bought a much faster PC recently. I forgot almost everything and had to relearn. I just discovered by accident, about the Snap View keys of Left Windows + the number-pad, six useful instrument views, and three external out the cockpit views, a really great feature. My keyboard is a Logitech G15 with 18 programmable G keys of which I will learn how to set it up. My PC, do not hit Left Windows key+L, which in game, locked my PC in Windows---LOL! I experiment.

I still use Konkussion's CH .map for my CH trio. Thanks guy.

Found this awhile ago...

Keyboard List:

=========

DCS_World : A-10C (or other aircraft identity)

Options\Controls

Lower right-hand corner of the Controls' listing

Click on the "MAKE HTML" tab

Click on the "Keyboard.html" file

It can be printed out as hard-copy.

(I know I posted this info somewhere, previously, awhile ago. Do not remember if I posted the info to this thread.)

Edited by ErichVon

• 2 months later...

Slight technical problem with keyboard configuration i'll try to explain.

Ok so i cleard everything from the options for keyboard assignments, then programed my X52 pro in the simplest way which took me a while to get my head round it but once you do its complete childs play and so easy.

Now the problem i have is in training still learning lol, but the idiot keeps asking me to press the space bar to proceed mmm but i don't have the space bar assigned to anything and am totally at aloss as to where it needs to be for him to continue with his naration.

Oh and the X52pro and Saitek software is so easy to program if anyone needs any help gimme a shout and i will do my best to guide you through it.

I currently have everything loaded and functional apart from just a few which will be done by keyboard.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Looks like it is the Gun Trigger by default! I guess if you programed it into your Siatek X52 you can just press that button on your joystick. I am new also, but that is what the space bar is programmed in my A-10C by default!

Good Luck!

Yeah it is discovered it last night so had to re-bind it as it seems thats the only place space works for the tutorial

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

• 1 month later...

I need help with my free look, because now its locked and doesn't work with mouse (only numpad). Its like centered and none of the mouse look views don't even activate, i don't want to quit mission because of this.

edit: Finaly found keybind for it was left.alt+F2

Edited by bezzi

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I was just wondering same question..

I am here to fly..

Using my PC Power & Cooling 1200watt PSU

Asus Rampage Black 10

i7-4820k @ 4.1 on Air

32Gb Dominator

Asus Eyeinfinity 580X 8Gb

X-Fi Gamer

all on Windows 10 64bit in a

Lian-Li PC70 with 6 fans moving air thru case

Fly with WartHogs

Race with G27

Do you guys find it best to use the SST profiling or to use the key/ joystick programming in the game itself? Thanks

I make sure the keys I can program are available (eg, I don't have a RWin button on my Logitech keyboard) and once they are assigned for use in the sim then I use the SST to set it all up. I use an X-45 by the way.

Intel i9-9900K processor at 4.60GHz OC

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs