Can't activate P-51 because site won't acknowledge key

Echo38

This is a multifaceted problem; it seems to belong in both the "payment and activation" section and also the one for "forum & site issues."

I cannot re-activate my P-51D module, because I cannot get the website to acknowledge that I own any of my keys. I own the boxed version of the A-10C, so I simply opened the box to get my key for that, but I'm told that the DCS main web site is supposed to show me my keys when I log in there.

The main DCS web site lets me log in with my account for it (separate from this forum account, of course), but then once it has logged me in, it says that I have no account, in the place where I'd normally go to examine my keys. It shows me logged in, with the correct username, but there's a "you have no account" message.

If I have no account, then how did it let me log in? With the same username and password as I always have, the same account which is tied to my keys?

Do I need to create a support ticket? Last time I did that (about something else), I waited for days and then they closed the ticket without addressing it, saying that they had too many tickets at the time.

: /

Edited by Echo38

I waited for days and then they closed the ticket without addressing it, saying that they had too many tickets at the time.

: /

Please tell me that they did not actually say that! :noexpression:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Exact words were: "We are currently experiencing problems with processing support tickets. This ticket has been closed.

Please reopen this ticket if the problem hasn't been solved.

Please excuse us for inconvenience."

This is why I'm reluctant to send a support ticket. But I don't know that there's anything else I can do, in this case.

When you run DCS World and select Module Manager and the Installed tab.

If you select the Serial Number button for any installed modules do you get any keys displayed?

When you purchased the P-51 did you get an email with the key in it? You might still be able to activate through the game regardless of the website account issue. It's worth a shot.

You likely will still need a support ticket to get the web account issue sorted. :(

• Like 1

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

No, the module manager says "no keys" (even for my A-10C, which is currently activated--I flew it with no problems). The P-51D was a (digital) gift from a friend, and I've owned it for several years, so I don't know how to re-access the key now that the web site's locked me out from my keys (so to speak). Well, looks like a ticket's necessary after all. Thanks for the tips.

• ED Team
Do I need to create a support ticket? ... Well, looks like a ticket's necessary after all.
Yes, you need to create a ticket and explain your issue in detail.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

I see your key for P-51D and is tied to your account.

This is why I'm reluctant to send a support ticket.
it was at 06.08.2012 . At now support works much better!

Best regards,

Andrey Filin

Eagle Dynamics IT Team

• Like 1