[REPORTED] Rumpflast Handle

3mta3

I've tried the emergency fuselage stores release handle -Rumplast-, and can't get it to work like I expect it should.

It will only operate if master arm is on, and bomb is armed. Anyone else have this problem?

I think that it should drop the bomb unarmed when handle is pulled.

I'm going to try a fuel tank and see if it works with properly with that.

PC

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270

MSI GTX 1070

32gb DDR4

500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS

500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows

Hi 3mta3,

i tested it myself and you are right.

If you have a drop tank installed, the handle works as expected. Pull and the tank drops (without master arm on etc.), but with bombs it's another story, as you described.

I think its modeled wrong. Both should be dropped by pulling the handle.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Reading through historical records that I could find. It was only found necissary to jettison the bombs only when master arm was on, and in WW2 that was 99% of the time and expected right after takeoff. So i believe that the system is modeled correctly as the electronics prevent a live load from being jettisoned on the ground close to friendlies and or cities. A fuel tank isn't a problem but a 50 or 500kg bomb is. Remember this is your grand daddies tech.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hi Elmo,

master arm switch ok, but a fuzing mode must be selected to drop the bomb... :huh:

Either wagerecht mit OV/MV or sturz mit OV/MV.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

I think i found a bug.

If you choose a drop tank or the 4x50kg bombs, the handle works as expected.

Pull the handle and both will be dropped, even without master arm on.

If you have loaded the single 500kg bomb, then you have to switch the master arm to on and you have to choose a fuze mode, as discribed above.

If you don't set a fuze mode and pull the handle, the red light of the bomb goes out, indicating, that theres no bomb... But surprise, it's still there.

Description of the DCS manual page 66:

"Pull the necessary handle to jettison any load attached to the fuselage or wing, such as drop tank or bombs."

Conclusion:

Handle works with drop tank and 4x50kg bomb.

Handle doesn't work with: 500kg bomb. (Only if you switch master arm to on and choose a fuze mode.)

By the way, why isn't there a FW190 bug forum?

Edited by Flying-Kane

Hi Elmo,

master arm switch ok, but a fuzing mode must be selected to drop the bomb... :huh:

Either wagerecht mit OV/MV or sturz mit OV/MV.

Might be a bug for you then, Mine works fine as long as MA is turned on, regardless of fuzeing setting. FYI the delayed fuzeing is not currently implemented in DCS atm so i would not recommend low altitude level bombing on ships or other targets just yet, if you study bunyaps videos on using the Doras zero range setting and 10m target wingspan the dive bombing method from 3000m works like a charm. Practice makes perfect of course but you get the hang of it.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Hi Elmo,

i did a repair of my DCS installation, but nothing has changed.

As stated earlier, the drop tank and 4x50kg bombs are no problem (master arm off).

500kg bomb

I found out something new, you have to select only a fuze mode and the bomb drops by pulling the handle. The master arm switch doesn't matter.

Can someone confirm/test this?

My apologies Kane, I got something mixed up in my own head. Yes you do have to select a fuse setting for the 500kg bomb because it's attached directly to the fuselage of the aircraft, however the sc50's are on a jettisonable rack that is the main difference, something in the actual manual goes into detail for why this is but I cannot recall it ATM. I believe it's a safety precaution cause if jettisoned without a fuse it could blow up right after dropping it.

Small summary from the Fw 190 A-6 handbook Teil 8B page 13 "Bombennotzug"

The bomb(s) is only armed after master arm on and selected fuze time (oV/mV) on the ZSK, since it's an electrical fuze.

The bomb can be dropped unarmed (one or both switches of) through the emergency handle, because the cable goes directly to the ETC-501.

The bomb can be dropped armed through emergency handle, if master arm is on and ZSK fuse is selected.

An exception is the ER4-rack (4x SC-50), it will be dropped unarmed through the emergency handle equally your settings (electrical wires will be ripped of by emergency release).

The military regulation for emergency drop was: on friendly territory drop unarmed, on enemy territory drop armed.

I hope that helps.

Hi Kodoss,

thank you for your information. :thumbup:

That's the problem with the 500kg bomb. You have to choose a Fuse mode...

(Master arm doesn't matter)

Only then it can be dropped and that can't be right.