AMD Gaming Evolved Update : Game DVR

I've posted the issue on Raptr's forums. Maybe we'll hear something about it soon.

I posted regarding Raptr not detecting Non Steam version of the game about a year ago, and gave them a link to ED's website and told them how I modded the JSON Database to make it work.

You'd think they'd just add the new string to their master database and be done with it, but they havent.

When I followed up on it, they said they didn't know DCS was available outside of steam. :music_whistling:

So dont expect anything,

AFAIK, from random peoples comments on other forums, GameDVR only works with DirectX, XAudio and Mantle crash it.

This is the problem with AMD Outsourcing and relying on Raptr for their gaming features (Profiles etc).

Raptr still has a cow that I run games on 4 screens, and constantly recommends me drop to 1920x1080.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Got a response, they said they are currently looking into the issue. I've told them about the xaudio2_7.dll issue

I also asked them about adding the non-steam version of DCS to the recognized list of games.

Let's hope the line of communication stays open.

Edited by hattrick

[sIGPIC]DropDeadGorgeous.jpg[/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Well, RAPTR got an update and the game doesn't crash now when you activate the GVR and go into the sim to record video. (They changed the recorder name from DVR to GVR).

The bad news is it just creates empty .mp4 files in the video directory. At least it's a step in the right direction.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Just using the Ctrl ; key, it takes about 5 seconds for it to start up recording. Think you need to have the overlay activated but not on in sim also.

Recordings in DCS have been blank, but it has worked fine in Metro Last Light and several other games I've tried, so it seems to not like DCS World.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Got a response, they said they are currently looking into the issue. I've told them about the xaudio2_7.dll issue

I also asked them about adding the non-steam version of DCS to the recognized list of games.

Let's hope the line of communication stays open.

I gave them the details about that 5 years ago,

and I'm still editing my JSON File to detect the non-steam DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 2 weeks later...

Not for me. They asked me to send in some logs a few weeks ago, which I did, and then never heard anything back. Not worth worrying about it if they won't either IMO, although it would be nice to have.

• 1 month later...

TBH I only Use AMD Gaming Evolved for the points for free stuff.

I had on and off success with Game DVR and even the GE overlay.

for video recording, since I run 4+ screens. I Use OBS because i can set it to record a specific application window, specif screen or specific area. Not to mention I can both record and stream live to youtube etc.

and with no FPS hit.