Dogs of War Server

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for tonight.

The Israeli community had a blast flying in your server!

Here is my Twitch recording (mind the hebrew) -

http://www.twitch.tv/morrtz/b/572688968#

Some feedback on the mission we had (Airbase capture between Batumi/Kobuleti/Senaki/Kutaisi) -

1. Not everyone has a high end machine, so players might have small freezes (especialy with the P-51D tracer problems) when Scenes option is set to high on the server.

Setting lower to medium, would help those guys and also reduce lag jumps for other players due to the FPS/freezes from the other players.

2. Captured airbased didn't allow for repair for some reason, I'm not sure if it is a mission problem or DCS problem.

3. The flak was not really clear, we didn't know when we would get flak and when enemies, although the flak areas were shown on the briefing, it didn't go hand in hand with the flak in the mission.

Thanks again, cu next time :)

hey xcom - great vid... sorry i missed it.

To answer your questions about flak and repair.

In the mission, I am using the latest flak script from Stonehouse/Sith etc. the script allows us to set a number of flak guns thus only a certain amount of airframes can be targeted at any given time... i.e. your buddy might get shot at and you might not.

Also - the flak will target both sides until an airfield is captured... then it will only target your enemy. this might account for the variance you are noting with the flak targeting.

As for repair - i noted you landed at Senaki at the end of your video before the airfield had been captured ... ergo it was still neutral and will not repair.

Looks like a fun MP session though. hope to catch you next time.

S!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks doom

About the flak, it was just somewhat confusing to have the flak firing all over but I guess it was good in someway as it helped with the identification.

About the repair, sorry for not clarifying I meant in kobuleti after we captured it, not sure which time exactly in the video but I did land there and tried to repair unsuccessfully.

Hello,

min 2:12 68 inch

min 2:50 max. of indicator`s scale and probably more times.

Damaged engine?

Nice video btw, thx for sharing.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I see that now, I did get hit on the initial bomb run by my own bomb (got too low), I guess that's why the engine was revving over the limit, it also got seized on the way home afterwards and I didn't know why, I guess this was the reason.

Dora which flew above You after You lost engine was me :). (at 1:14:00)

I saw Your stuck propeller...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

That was a lot of fun, guys! Thanks for flying on the server with us. We are still tweaking the server performance but everything has come a long day from when we first started.

Also thanks for the feedback xcom. I am not sure why the captured airbase did not repair... it has for me in the past. Will check it next time we fly that mission.

And to give you guys an idea of the bandwidth performance for our server... of course geography plays a role too.

3793551767.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Feel free to use this thread to help sort out when most people are free to fly. This has been the subject of many conversations. Right now it's pretty much hit or miss with people joining from all over the planet.

We, as a squad, are working on hosting weekly events so we can establish a regular meet time and allow everyone to predict the optimal time to find a good MP battle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my experience, if I jump on the server others quickly follow. There is more than enough to do on the server while you wait.

I think I accidentally borrowed a DoW P-51 tonight. Don't worry, there were only a few bullet holes in the prop. The whole lineup says DoW until you scroll down, so that is why I didn't realize until later.:fear:

My real-pilot friend also tried out DoW for the first time. He asked if there weren't any aircraft with the engine already started, and when I explained that there were not, he said you guys have no lives.:hehe:

Thank you for the fun!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

My real-pilot friend also tried out DoW for the first time. He asked if there weren't any aircraft with the engine already started, and when I explained that there were not, he said you guys have no lives.:hehe:

Thank you for the fun!

Haha glad you guys had fun, Gav. Tell your friend we apologize for not having a valet stand were an attendant can bring his ship around for him. Completely uncivilized!:rotflmao:Did he mention the lack of seat warmers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yesterday night i joined DOW server and for an hour or so i really had fun :pilotfly:(my kid woke up so i had to stop flying)

just wanted to thank you guys for the up server and looking forward for days of co-op and more enthusiastic simmers that will join the multilayer.

Merlin-27 - nice avatar you got there mate :thumbup:

IAF.Snoop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Had a lot of fun tonight with the exception of one thing. While flying the 3 pigs mission in the D-9 I had 2 AI mustangs follow me back to base and since I was out of ammo and badly damaged I just landed instead of trying to fight them. I had seen earlier that the you weren't supposed to approach enemy airbases before the 3 objectives had been completed so just assumed flak was going to annihilate them when they got to my base. I was sorely mistaken and basically just brought hellfire raining down on our base for the next 15 minutes while the Mustangs strafed the airfield relentlessly, not even giving enough time to spin up the engine on the D-9 before you were wrecked. A kind P-51 pilot offered to come over and TK the AI so that we could actually dogfight and have a bit of fun but was auto-kicked from the server when he got too close to our airfield. Everything else was great that night, if something could be done about the AI around airfields it would be awesome.

yeah 3 pigs has been acting weird since the update - thanks for th report - I'll look into it.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL