No US dollar

Mastermariner

May I ask why?

MiG-21bis will be released on Steam in a few days. There the currency used will be whatever is the Steam standard in your country.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Reason is the de-dollarization of the world, wont touch it!

Hope your right about Steam.

Master

Most of the money will end up in Pound Sterling and Roubles anyhow, I suspect.

Regarding Steam, whatever currency it uses in your territory is the currency that will be used to sell DCS products through Steam there. The only obstacle would be if a given product simply doesn't get released in a specific territory, but I'd be surprised if Leatherneck want to avoid your region.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Strange sombody talk about de-dollarization, first time I read about that one. Even the super anti american IS in middle east take dollars to sell Iraq oil.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

@Buzpilot...

erm, they're doing the trade in Euro... a fatal mistake

I'm not sure I understand "de-dollarization", could the OP explain further what is meant by this

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I don't really understand this? Am I right in thinking that you are so anti US that you won't buy anything labeled in $? You aren't technically paying dollars anyway if that is what you refuse to do, you are paying your own currency which is being converted into the Dollar equivalent for the sake of displaying a price everybody can understand as far as I can tell.

The only problem I have ever encountered with buying from the US is that the banks, and credit card companies here in the UK will add a currency conversion charge. But that is when buying products from the US, I have no idea if it applies to digital downloads or even if you (op) are living in a country with a similar charge? It would be a shame to miss out on what looks like a spectacular product at any rate.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

What country are you in, Master? I paid $60 ish New Zealand for my MiG, because it converts it into your country's money. That amount here is the same as the $49.99 USD it is labelled as.

What is problem with paying American dollar anyway, it's not like if you don't buy it you can defeat the illuminati....

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

The exchange rate doesn't matter. If you pay in Baht, it'll still convert to full price of US dollar. So as it stands, it'll still cost you around 1450 Baht whether you use steam or not.

I'm not touching ....or anything US, for obvious reasons.

Master

By the way, this module is 1/4 US American 1/4 Serbian, 1/4 Swedish, and 1/4 Private

Edited by -Rudel-

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Well, while I don't agree with that kind of generalising attitude, it is of course your decision, just remember when you're admiring that lovely Mig 21, much of the exterior model was created by an EX US Marine... That kind of irony makes me smile.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

What country are you in, Master? I paid $60 ish New Zealand for my MiG, because it converts it into your country's money. That amount here is the same as the $49.99 USD it is labelled as.

What is problem with paying American dollar anyway, it's not like if you don't buy it you can defeat the illuminati....

True. Steam, (Valve) is a US company so their portion will more than likely be converted to dollars at some point.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

This doesn't make any sense to me.

If I go into DCS store (or anywhere) and buy something that costs let's say 49.99 USD, I'm not technically paying in dollars, since my bank account is in CZK. I'm charged the equivalent cost in CZK. I'm paying in my currency no matter what. Same for the OP and his currency. They can say the module costs 80000 Imperial Credits but it's still the same for me. It's not like you have to touch it physically, it's just some virtual money that gets shifted around the world and converted accordingly.

The question has been answered, and before this goes further on the political train, I'm closing it.

Mastermariner, if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM and I'll try to clear out any ambiguities for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester