DCSW Airfield diagrams -Beta Release

shu77

OK typos corrected.

Not planning to try and standardize frequency spacing at this point across the document.

Thanks again for the update - we are getting close to perfection.

Two minor things remaining:

1. p. 23: TIBILSI (-> TBILISI) INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (twice)
  2. Regarding frequency indication:

• I'd leave the table on p. 3 as it is right now (i.e. without space between frequency numer and unit)
  • Airport diagrams (p. 4 - 24):
    • TWR-indication at the top (in the box) with space. Space is already there on pages 4, 15 and 17. To make it consistent, you should also add the space on the remaining pages.
    • Frequency indications in the top-left corner of the diagrams are ATM also in a very inconsistent state. Sometimes - even on the same page - there is a space and sometimes there is none. I suggest you also always add the space here.

Sorry for sounding like a smart-ass - I just want to help improve. Also excuse my not-so-perfect English - it's not my native language.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corrected spelling of Tbilisi

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Thanks for the great diagrams! I noticed on the table of frequencies that Mineralnye Vody shows RWY 30 ILS frequency as 107.30 MHz. The diagram itself shows the correct frequency of 109.30 Mhz. Just FYI.

Edited by norcal bear

Thanks for the great diagrams! I noticed on the table of frequencies that Mineralnye Vody shows RWY 30 ILS frequency as 107.30 MHz. The diagram itself shows the correct frequency of 109.30 Mhz. Just FYI.

Correct. I found some more errors:

p. 3: Beslan: ILS RWY10 110.5 MHz missing (p. 6 contains this info)

p. 3: Nalchik: ILS info for RWY24 (110.5 MHz), but not on p. 17

p. 8: wrong ICAO-code (UG29 -> UG23), 2x

UPDATE:

p. 21: Soganlug: coordinates wrong (same as Sochi-Adler on page before), correct on page 3

Edited by derelor

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

These diagrams are great, thanks! I got them bound and laminated along with my 9-line card and mission data card.

Oli 'Scarecrow' Lusk

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.20Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard

16GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 680 4GB

ok have corrected these as well, not planning to do another update now until theres a further update of the maps.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Thanks for the update!

One more thing:

On p. 3 the frequency table mentions ILS RWY 24 @110.5 MHz for Nalchik, but on p. 17 it is listed as ILS for RWY 06. Taking into account the location for the ILS localizer on the chart, I think the entry on p. 3 must be wrong.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Localizer antennas are located off the departure end of the runway, not the approach end. So if the depicted position of the localizer is indeed correct, then it would be for Runway 24.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

• 3 months later...

Thank you!

Thanks Shu. Well done - huge effort - many thanks. Its is very helpful - like having a real Jeppesen flight book in the cockpit.

+1

Edited by AeroOrange
additiona props

Win 7 (64); i7 3.4GHz EVGA E657 + GTS 250; 4 GB DDR3.

Track This! :pilotfly:I'm taking donations for a new graphics card!

I have noticed difference for Batumi Afd.

The number of the taxiways are not the same into the game and on the card (A,B,C,...).

I haven't checked for the other airfields

Possibly.

The maps have not been update since 1.1.0.7 and at the time only the A, B taxi ways were labelled. Where taxiways were not identified, a generic clockwise approach was taken to give consistency for multi-player operations. At some point I will revisit though this will likely be after the Black shark patch.

• Like 1

cw1.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks shu,

Still learning but these charts certainly make life easier. Very professional.

Self Built Block 52 F-16 Cockpit - Win10 Pro 64Bit; i5-6600K @ 3.40GHz; ASROCK Z170 Extreme 4+; 32GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz; AMD Radeon Vega 64 8GB HBM2; TM Warthog HOTAS; TM Cougar MFD x3; Saitek Pro Combat Pedals; TIR-5 w/Pro Clip; Logitech G510; Logitech G13; Gametrix KW908 G-Cueing Jetseat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Masterful Work Shu!!! All you other new newbies (like me)... you wanna grab these!!! Definitely a Nav must have!! I'll be adding these to my tablet. I'm building a collection of all the outstanding PDF's in it, and keep it open for quick, easy reference sitting next to my rig!!

Thanks again to Shu77 and all the others that added input to make these "just right"!!! :thumbup:

Matz

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly: