MD5 has is wrong 4 times in a row on Germany server and Russia server

PTR-Badger

This is the fourth time i have downloaded the second binary on the list titled 4 @ 1.86 Gb and they have all failed to hash with 5AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC(not gonna bother with linking a picture...too much work)

beign shown every time.

b9a7b814c1fe914d78c5afc643cf05c8 is the hash listed as being correct and b9a7b814c1fe914d78c5afc643cf5c8 showing up as the one in the file.

Any suggestions? Another DL? This is getting old and they wont work even if i do DL them with the wrong hash

clearly the file is ok, however the hash shown on the web page is possibly incorrect, if you only change one bit in the file you would get a very different hash, not a single character difference.

Edit: its odd that MD5 hashes are usually 32 characters long however the one that you say you generated is only 31, what program are you using to verify the hash?

Tom

Edited by Frogfoot

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Intel i7 920 Corsair H70 water cooled @4GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel, Nvidia GTX780, OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD (for OS+DCS), TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS + Saitek Rudder

Did you actually try to install it?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

clearly the file is ok, however the hash shown on the web page is incorrect, if you only change one bit in the file you would get a very different hash.

Tom

I tried to build the file two times with the wrong hash and it simply did not work telling me it was corrupted or something like that.

That is why i am asking here.

I am trying to avoid getting the steam version at all costs and will not play if i cant get the regular version to work.

I refuse to buy games now that involve steam in any way even for franchises that i love such as Tomb Raider. I will not do it. I do not like the way steam is goign with all their early access games that do not work and asking the public to pay to beta test products.

I just downloaded all of those files a few days ago and installed them with no problems.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I just downloaded all of those files a few days ago and installed them with no problems.

No offense but how does that help me knowing that yours work? Seriously? I appreciate that you are trying to help.

Goign to try the torrent now and see how that goes

Edited by PTR-Badger
addition of text

No offense but how does that help me knowing that yours work? Seriously? I appreciate that you are trying to help.

Goign to try the torrent now and see how that goes

It does help because it verifies that files are good and that the issue has to do specific to YOUR system.. Maybe a connectivity problem whatever...

We know you are frustrated but don't bite the hand that feeds you!

:music_whistling:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I have just successfully downloaded the file from the German mirror #3 and the MD5 hash matched b9a7b814c1fe914d78c5afc643cf05c8

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Intel i7 920 Corsair H70 water cooled @4GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel, Nvidia GTX780, OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD (for OS+DCS), TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS + Saitek Rudder

what program are you using to hash the file? I do not understand how you can have a 31 character md5 hash,(which is identical to the correct hash but missing one character) . Sounds to me like the hash checking software is erroring and messing with the file.

Hey PTR-Badger

Quick note. I've had Google Chrome screw up large downloads for me, and when I checked it on the web found that others had this problem too. As a result when the files are large I use Firefox if I want to download it via the browser, or a torrent downloader if a torrent is available.

I don't know whether you're using Chrome or not but thought there's a reasonable chance you're having the same problem I had.

Hope that helps next time you have this sort of issue.

I use Free Download Manager and have never had a bad DCS download since v1.1.0.6